Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:18:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Tennis : Andy Murray
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tennis : Andy Murray  (Read 12685 times)
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« on: February 20, 2006, 05:08:12 PM »

Congratulations to Scotsman Andy Murray for winning the ATP tournament beating Leyton Hewitt...he has the talent to go all the way

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 07:22:56 PM »

why when a good british player is english does he always get called british but when he's a sweaty sock he gets called scottish all the time

That's a hatrick for Doull
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 10:18:05 AM »

And let's not forget that he beat Roddick in the semi's.

I watched the final, it was pretty funnny, he clearly had no idea what to do when he won.

It's like when a goalkeeper scores a goal...

They just don't prepare themselves for something like that.  Grin

Congratulations to him.  ok

-

Err...Scottish? Well, he is. Henman is 'English', Rusedski is...'Canadian.'  Undecided

You don't just ignore that, but you will find that 9 times out of 10 in tournament play he will be labelled British...

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Evolution
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 10:48:51 AM »

why when a good british player is english does he always get called british but when he's a sweaty sock he gets called scottish all the time

It always happens.

Well done Andrew  beer
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 10:58:20 AM »

There's a tennis thread already? rant? Tongue

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=22069.0

Yes, this guy seems pretty good. I already talked about him last year. He's not ready yet for bigger tournaments, but I think he'll finish in the top 20 this year.

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 11:08:35 AM »

There's a tennis thread already  rant  Tongue

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=22069.0

Yes, this guy seems pretty good. I already talked about him last year. He's not ready yet for bigger tournaments, but I think he'll finish in the top 20 this year.

Dude, didn't we tell you in the staff meeting?

In this section, it's Anarchy baby!!

Wink

Just kidding, you're banned William...Whatever you're calling yourself these days.

Or, should I say,

Locked!

But, ach, I cannot.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 11:13:41 AM »

Dude, didn't we tell you in the staff meeting?

In this section, it's Anarchy baby!!

Wink

I must've missed that memo... Tongue

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 11:16:13 AM »

Memo? You missed the meeting you damn fool!

And now you're off topic.

This won't do,

this won't do at all.

You know the songs. Go listen to them!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Evolution
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 11:16:51 AM »

Mod Fight! Mod Fight!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006, 11:19:14 AM »

Evo, stay out of this.

We could have you killed.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Evolution
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2006, 11:20:30 AM »

Evo, stay out of this.

We could have you killed.

Yessir  Cry
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2006, 11:22:54 AM »

This is not the work envirorment I was expecting Jim.

I may hand in my resignation to Jarmo's later today. The pay is not worth it?hihi

(now I gotta get back to work, for real)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2006, 11:24:25 AM »

You 2 are powerless down this end of the board aren't ya? Tongue
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2006, 11:27:03 AM »

You 2 are powerless down this end of the board aren't ya? Tongue

Ha, well, actually,

yes. Yes we are.

As for a resignation, didn't anybody tell you? This job is for life. As in, if you leave it, they take yours.

Go on, now get yeself back to work.

And as for you two, get back to the wrestling thread. Don't make me chase you out of here with a broom.

Ahem,

nothing to see here.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2006, 03:58:36 PM »

on both the bbc he is almost always called british...unless of course its a regional program, in scotland he is almost always called scottish ie

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/4733688.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/4734544.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/4731634.stm

why are snooker players labelled english and scottish then? no fuss there eh? how about rugby teams? football teams? the term changes only when it suits people in an argument...like this one you pedant

tim henman is labelled english on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Henman...i couldnt care less

i always use either english or scottish, i never use the term british...i dont recognise it, it means nothing to me...im scottish like the flag says...

murray memphis bound...hail to the king baby

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2006, 05:45:23 AM »

i always use either english or scottish, i never use the term british...i dont recognise it, it means nothing to me...im scottish like the flag says...

murray memphis bound...hail to the king baby

[]

wHat about in the olympics If an English man won the 100 Metres Gold?,He would be labelled  British Would you be proud to call him that?

We Love To Treat Women Great ,But We Havn't got Any Money So We Treat Them Like Shit-Izzy Stradlin 1986
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2006, 04:30:31 PM »

wHat about in the olympics If an English man won the 100 Metres Gold?,He would be labelled  British Would you be proud to call him that?

no not really, in most cases british is synonymous with english anyway, i see people using it all the time...very few people outside of britain have an appreciation that britain is 4 countries not 1...

i dont like the term and i dont recognise the british state...i have plenty of other reasons but none of them relevant to the sport section Tongue

so to me the englishman is english, nothing else...and I am Scottish and very much proud of it

(Winston Churchill)"
Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2006, 04:09:24 AM »

I respect that I think it's cool that we all have our different Identity's ok ok

We Love To Treat Women Great ,But We Havn't got Any Money So We Treat Them Like Shit-Izzy Stradlin 1986
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2006, 06:00:31 PM »

Andy Murray is Scottish when he loses and British when he wins...

GO ON TIM!!!  peace
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2006, 07:18:56 PM »

Andy Murray is Scottish when he loses and British when he wins...

GO ON TIM!!!  peace

why?...have you got a chip on your shoulder?...lacking a tennis champion?...need a scot to make you feel good?...its your kind of bigoted mentality which gives the english a bad name btw

andy murray, scotlands number 1...

tim who? the boring guy you mean?

(Winston Churchill)"
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2006, 06:57:46 AM »

wHat about in the olympics If an English man won the 100 Metres Gold?,He would be labelled? British Would you be proud to call him that?

no not really, in most cases british is synonymous with english anyway, i see people using it all the time...very few people outside of britain have an appreciation that britain is 4 countries not 1...

i dont like the term and i dont recognise the british state...i have plenty of other reasons but none of them relevant to the sport section Tongue

so to me the englishman is english, nothing else...and I am Scottish and very much proud of it

Agree with you, what annoys me is that most of the time Scots n Welsh etc can call themselves by their seperate identities whereas English get labelled British.

Also, at football matches why do scotland and wales get their own anthem whereas england uses god save the queen. Liz is queen of great britiain so either all teams should use it or none, Eng should use Jerusalem

Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2006, 07:07:41 PM »

Agree with you, what annoys me is that most of the time Scots n Welsh etc can call themselves by their seperate identities whereas English get labelled British.

Also, at football matches why do scotland and wales get their own anthem whereas england uses god save the queen. Liz is queen of great britiain so either all teams should use it or none, Eng should use Jerusalem

i understand what you mean but there are a good percentage of scots call themselves british...most call themselves scottish...why blame scots ? you are aiming your frustration at the wrong target...shouldnt you be against pro-british rather than anti-scottish or whatever? ...

anyways english=british is self inflicted because of arrogance...and those that blame other countries within the union because they cannot call themselves english is amusing...do people tell you not to say english? do you say english? do you switch between british and english when its convenient? the reason you hear it all the time is because of the media, and the media is 90% english based...

id love england to use jerusalem, it would get rid of that anti scottish piece of crap called god save the queen

and as far as i am aware queen elizabeth is queen in all the commonwealth countries...do you expect them to all use the same anthem?

anyways scots are doing well at the commonwealth games, 6th in the medals table

http://www.melbourne2006.com.au/Schedule+and+Results/Medals

(Winston Churchill)"
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2006, 07:20:43 AM »

i understand what you mean but there are a good percentage of scots call themselves british...most call themselves scottish...why blame scots ? you are aiming your frustration at the wrong target...shouldnt you be against pro-british rather than anti-scottish or whatever? ...

anyways english=british is self inflicted because of arrogance...and those that blame other countries within the union because they cannot call themselves english is amusing...do people tell you not to say english? do you say english? do you switch between british and english when its convenient? the reason you hear it all the time is because of the media, and the media is 90% english based...

id love england to use jerusalem, it would get rid of that anti scottish piece of crap called god save the queen

and as far as i am aware queen elizabeth is queen in all the commonwealth countries...do you expect them to all use the same anthem?

I don't blame the Scots fopr doing it, good on em. I blame the Media who think that its racist to call yourself English.

I always use English, whenever I get a form with a tick box for nationalities I always tick other and write English.

I don't expect everyone to use the same anthem, I just think if everyone is having their own why shouldn't England.

And in your opinion why is God Save the Queen Anti-Scottish?

2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2006, 07:24:40 AM »

Lord grant that Marshal Wade
May by thy mighty aid
Victory bring.
May he sedition hush,
And like a torrent rush,
Rebellious Scots to crush.
God save the Queen!

Thats the 6th verse of God Save The Queen.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2006, 07:28:55 AM »

Lord grant that Marshal Wade
May by thy mighty aid
Victory bring.
May he sedition hush,
And like a torrent rush,
Rebellious Scots to crush.
God save the Queen!

Thats the 6th verse of God Save The Queen.

Fair enough, although when it was written they were rebellious little fuckers  Tongue

Evolution
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2006, 07:37:50 AM »

They had to be! Your boys were banning bagpipes and taking over the country!
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2006, 07:42:16 AM »

Good on em!   Tongue

Evolution
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2006, 07:51:16 AM »

I think we need to rebuild Hadrian's Wall  Tongue
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2006, 08:19:21 AM »

I think we need to rebuild Hadrian's Wall? Tongue

Go 4 it, seriously though, economically,. apart from a few parts of big cities Scotland would be fucked without SE England.

As would the rest of the Uk besides Leeds!  Grin

Evolution
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2006, 09:17:26 AM »

Us up north would be fine  ok
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2006, 09:36:42 AM »

Us up north would be fine? ok

You rekon?

Evolution
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2006, 09:43:26 AM »

Aye, not many English folk make the trip when you can go to places like The Lake District or Yorkshire in your own backyard.

It is worth the trip though  yes
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2006, 09:54:35 AM »

Aye, not many English folk make the trip when you can go to places like The Lake District or Yorkshire in your own backyard.

It is worth the trip though? yes

YORKSHIRE YORKSHIRE

I'm from yorkshire incase you couldn't tell!  Tongue

But yea I'd love to go to Scotland, looks stunning!

Evolution
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2006, 10:08:20 AM »

Tis!

Back on topic though, The home nations are doing very well at the Commonwealths.
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2006, 02:30:03 PM »

I don't blame the Scots fopr doing it, good on em. I blame the Media who think that its racist to call yourself English.

I always use English, whenever I get a form with a tick box for nationalities I always tick other and write English.

I don't expect everyone to use the same anthem, I just think if everyone is having their own why shouldn't England.

And in your opinion why is God Save the Queen Anti-Scottish?

agreed on the media...good on you calling yourself english...i applaud it...

in a strange sort of way we actually agree on most things...

id rather not pay homage to queen elizabeth 2nd in any way...waste of money

Go 4 it, seriously though, economically,. apart from a few parts of big cities Scotland would be fucked without SE England.

i seriously doubt that..scotland would have its own tv stations and media, major companies base themselves in mid england because its a central location for distribution etc...plus we have plenty of trade outwith the UK...anyways this is turning politics

scotland, more medals please Smiley

(Winston Churchill)"
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2006, 03:58:55 PM »

Yea it is, just 1 last thing, that aint me saying that, i read a report on it

How are England doin in the commonwealths?

Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2006, 04:37:47 PM »

alrightee then...2nd in the medals table, good games for both scotland and england...england got disqualified in the relay race though...must have thought it was their lane lmao

(Winston Churchill)"
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2006, 03:44:56 PM »

alrightee then...2nd in the medals table, good games for both scotland and england...england got disqualified in the relay race though...must have thought it was their lane lmao

settle 4 that, take it aus was top?

Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: