Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:55:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Rebirth of Real Oviedo (Spanish Football Team)
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rebirth of Real Oviedo (Spanish Football Team)  (Read 11958 times)
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2006, 08:07:23 AM »

I've always got sympathy for real oviedo. Aupa athletic do.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Graciela
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2006, 02:45:12 PM »

I've always got sympathy for real oviedo. Aupa athletic do.

Aha! I like Athetic too... got some good memories of the bars at Licenciado Pozas... I always had fun in Bilbao, even if I never ever saw Oviedo won one single game there  hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2006, 08:23:24 AM »

So who exactly owns/runs the club these days.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
badapple81
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2006, 08:28:03 AM »

The fans are awesome to stick by their team. Remember when Man City went down to the old second division mid-late 90s? Their fans were fantastic, some of the crowds they were getting was amazing.
Graciela
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2006, 08:59:37 AM »

So who exactly owns/runs the club these days.....

/jarmo

Well, it's complicated, but to cut a long story short, in June 2005 a new major shareholder appeared demanding the shares that Lafuente had bought from Celso for 1?, on the basis that he had a document signed by Lafuente. After a court battle, the judge ruled against Lafuente and ordered him to give back the shares. I say give back cos this new shareholder is in fact acting on behalf of Celso Gonzalez, public enemy number one. So the major shareholder right now is again Celso Gonzalez
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2006, 07:31:42 AM »

So the guy who ruined the club is back owning it.

Has the guy said anything since last summer? Maybe to try to "calm" the fans down.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Graciela
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2006, 07:50:20 AM »

So the guy who ruined the club is back owning it.

Has the guy said anything since last summer? Maybe to try to "calm" the fans down.....

/jarmo

No he hasn't, he stays in the shadows, he has a bunch of puppets running the club for him...

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2006, 12:49:02 PM »

How "clever" of him.

Any "guarantees" that they're not gonna do the same thing again??

Usually people learn from their mistakes, but in some cases what seems like a mistake to the rest, was the plan all along...? nervous

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 10:29:46 AM by jarmo » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2006, 11:50:12 AM »

Still the same owner? Have they done anything?

I was checking the current standings in the division and it looks like some of the teams have an "A" team in the first division and a "B" team playing against Oviedo.

What happens if the "B" team is promoted and the "A" demoted from the first division?

/jarmo

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2006, 12:02:59 PM »

I was checking the current standings in the division and it looks like some of the teams have an "A" team in the first division and a "B" team playing against Oviedo.

What happens if the "B" team is promoted and the "A" demoted from the first division?

/jarmo

That's a weird scenario..but could happen.

The "A" and "B" teams can't play in the same division obviously cause they are not gonna play against each other. The thing is, the players from the "B" teams are not conidered professionals, so they couldn't play in first division? where only pros play. Players in second division team are also pros, but not the one who play for the "B" team ( I thibk) .If the situation you mention arouse, the "A" team would play in the second divsion and the "B" team (eventhough they promoted to the first division) would then demote to the third division.

Graciela
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2006, 03:25:11 PM »

Yeah, the situation is pretty much the same. Things seem a bit more calm at the moment. We'll see...

/jarmo

In Second Division B, the first four teams at the end of the season on each group (there are four groups) play play-offs in order to get promoted. So it could happened that a "B" team finishes between those four teams and the "A" team gets relegated to Second Division A. In that case the "B" team wouldn't go to the play-offs leaving its place to the team in fifth position

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2006, 04:03:30 AM »

In Spain we have 1st divsion, 2nd division, second division B (4 groups there) third division... Promotion and relegation is done the way Graciela described in Second Division B, but not in 1st or 2nd divsions. Three teams are relegated each year to second division. 3 teams are promoted to first division. 4 teams are relegated to second division B, and the first fourt teams on each group in second divsion b play playoffs in order to get promoted.

Real Madrid plays in first division, but Castilla Real Madrid (Ream Madrid "B" team) plays in second division.? If Real Madrid were to be relegated to second division and Real Madrid Castilla promoted to first, Real Madrid would then play in second division and Real Madrid Castilla would then be delegated to second division B.
chezza
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2006, 05:25:10 AM »

I don't know much about Spanish Football but what I do know is:

Merida > Oviedo  Angry

heh, just messing  Tongue I had this manager game with my old PC, Ultimate Soccer Manager 97/98 i think it was...and I went Merida (in Division 2) and I got promoted from Div 2 (won it by a mile Kiss) then won La Liga and the champions league..but never won the Copa Del Rey....Angry

But it's good to hear about oviedo 8-) But still....Merida > you Kiss
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: