Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 05:09:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL (No Fun League)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL (No Fun League)  (Read 3065 times)
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« on: June 07, 2006, 03:38:30 PM »

So a bunch of old white team owners don't want to see some young talented black athletes celebrate after scoreing a Touchdown.. lame. But i'm not going to go into the whole "race" thing, leave that for another day ok

Anyway, now players can't even do what they did last year (for example what Chad Johnson and Steve Smith did, coming up with funny original TD celebrations hihi) it's gotten rediculous, I understand that they don't want people celebrating over the top.. like useing outside props as they want the game to only last a certain length and there is already enough gripe about instant replay extending the game too long. But with the new rules you can't do the following..

Can't celebrate with a team-mate
Can't use the ball, the field goal post, or any outside prop after scoring
If the referee feels like the celebration lasted too long you can get penalized

IMO having the celebrations doesn't hurt the game at all, it HELPS it! I'm sure when CJ told the media about how he had a huge celebration ready for his next game a lot of people tuned in just to see what it was, hell I know I did.. as long as you keep cell phones and sharpies out then I just don't see a problem, keep it short but make it memorable yes

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 04:36:41 PM »

Yeah its the no fun league. Athletes get paid to perform that is it. If i get all my work done in 80% of the time it should take, should I grab a woman I dont know and drop to a kneee and propose?  Its all in the business. These celebrations take away from the game and the seriousness of the game.  People have died and got serious injuries from playing this game.  They are not looking to punish people but simply put and end to the question where will it end?

Spiking the ball or a simple celebration should be more then enough for players who earn millions a year, if it is not enough then fine them all.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 09:44:39 PM »

I don't have much of a problem with TD celebrations.  However, I think if you celebrate too much, the other team should be permitted to slam you into next week with a cheap shot.  Fair balance.

I also think after a player makes a sack, he should be allowed to jerk off over the quarterback.  If it takes him more than 30 seconds, he gets a delay of game penalty.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 10:23:27 PM »

I also think after a player makes a sack, he should be allowed to jerk off over the quarterback.? If it takes him more than 30 seconds, he gets a delay of game penalty.

Do they cum all over each other during Wichita Falls games or something?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 02:27:17 AM »

I don't have much of a problem with TD celebrations.? However, I think if you celebrate too much, the other team should be permitted to slam you into next week with a cheap shot.? Fair balance.

I also think after a player makes a sack, he should be allowed to jerk off over the quarterback.? If it takes him more than 30 seconds, he gets a delay of game penalty.

You're an idiot, if the team doesn't want the player doing a TD Celebration then they need to do something quite simple... stop him from scoring Tongue I don't see why people have a problem with TD Celebrations, they are both entertaining and harmless confused

Nice joke about the quarterback gettein "jerked off on"
^Note my sarcasm ok

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
gnrgnr06
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 04:54:02 PM »

So a bunch of old white team owners don't want to see some young talented black athletes celebrate after scoreing a Touchdown.. lame. But i'm not going to go into the whole "race" thing, leave that for another day ok

Anyway, now players can't even do what they did last year (for example what Chad Johnson and Steve Smith did, coming up with funny original TD celebrations hihi) it's gotten rediculous, I understand that they don't want people celebrating over the top.. like useing outside props as they want the game to only last a certain length and there is already enough gripe about instant replay extending the game too long. But with the new rules you can't do the following..

Can't celebrate with a team-mate
Can't use the ball, the field goal post, or any outside prop after scoring
If the referee feels like the celebration lasted too long you can get penalized

IMO having the celebrations doesn't hurt the game at all, it HELPS it! I'm sure when CJ told the media about how he had a huge celebration ready for his next game a lot of people tuned in just to see what it was, hell I know I did.. as long as you keep cell phones and sharpies out then I just don't see a problem, keep it short but make it memorable yes

Who gives a rats a$$. Celebrations are useless. Watch some TD of Mr.Sanders he doesnt need no celebration he just gives the ball to the ref
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 09:55:42 PM »

Celebration itself doesn't piss me off, but stupid celebration does.  In this I mean, your team is down 27 to 3 with 3 minutes left, and you just sacked the quarterback, and you start doing some ridiculous dance.  The coaches should bench these idiots as a message to the team.   rant

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: