Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:53:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Michael Irvin Released by ESPN....FINALLY!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Michael Irvin Released by ESPN....FINALLY!!!  (Read 3155 times)
sandman
Legend

« on: February 18, 2007, 09:17:17 PM »

ESPN drops ex-Cowboy Irvin as analyst
Network declines to pick up ex-receiver's deal in amicable separation

Michael Irvin will no longer be on ESPN after the network decided not to pick up his contract, the former Dallas Cowboys receiver said Saturday, the Dallas Morning News reported.

Irvin, who was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Feb. 3, said he wanted to expand on a movie career that started with a role in "The Longest Yard," the newspaper reported.

Irvin worked for ESPN since 2003, appearing on shows such as "SportsCenter," "NFL Countdown" and "NFL Live."

Irvin didn't sound bitter, the Morning News reported, but ESPN didn't support his acting career.

"I worked hard at ESPN, and I loved my job and the people there," Irvin said, the newspaper reported. "But I want to do different things and not be stuck in a box. They had other ideas."

Although Irvin has a history of past off-the-field problems and legal issues, the receiver said no improprieties played a part in ESPN's decision, and the network agreed, the newspaper reported.

"There was an evaluation of the studio talent lineup, and a decision was made to go in a different direction," Bill Hoffheimer, an ESPN spokesman, said, the Morning News reported. "There is nothing here but good feelings about Michael."

Irvin said he might tutor other candidates for TV shows, the newspaper reported. The Cowboys receiver said he helped former Cowboys teammate Emmitt Smith prepare for an ESPN audition, the Morning News reported.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 09:50:28 PM »

I ran into Michael Irvin at a strip club not too far from the ESPN studios a couple years back.  He came in with a couple big dudes (security).  He was trying to be low-key at first until we noticed him.  Then he sat down right next to us, bought us a round of drinks, threw wads of dollar bills onstage, and even took off his Super Bowl ring and let us try it on.  He was a cool dude that night.  Once he got his ring back he disappeared for quite some time into a back room with multiple dancers.  Needless to say, he garnered much of the attention from the girls. 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 09:51:45 PM »

He always made me laugh on espn. I will miss the comic relief he brought intentionally or otherwise.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 07:54:53 AM »

I don't think he was much better, or  worse, than most of the jock athletes turned "analyst." My all time worst favorite is Randy Cross. What a moron. And the Bengals  quarterback, Boomer Esiason, wow, you wonder how he  was  every smart  enough to call plays. Most of the athlete-analysts are just there for star power for the network and live off their reputation as long as they can. Few have anything interesting to say, um, Shannon Sharpe. Tom Jackson is ok, as is Howie Long, but Bradshaw? Give me a break. What  does  he actually do besides wave his arms?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 12:55:06 AM »

I don't think he was much better, or  worse, than most of the jock athletes turned "analyst." My all time worst favorite is Randy Cross. What a moron. And the Bengals  quarterback, Boomer Esiason, wow, you wonder how he  was  every smart  enough to call plays. Most of the athlete-analysts are just there for star power for the network and live off their reputation as long as they can. Few have anything interesting to say, um, Shannon Sharpe. Tom Jackson is ok, as is Howie Long, but Bradshaw? Give me a break. What  does  he actually do besides wave his arms?

K Kreme mentioned a few of the worst...please don't leave out Matt Millen!  He's awful!!
Irvin can barely put a sentence together...let's just say he's "grammatically challenged."  How could people take him seriously?
Guys I like:  Aikman has really improved since he started.  He's grown on me.  I wish he had better talent to work with than Buck though.  I do like Collinsworth and I know I'm in the minority here, but the guy knows his shit.  Tom Jackson as well.   peace 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 01:16:32 PM »

I don't think he was much better, or? worse, than most of the jock athletes turned "analyst." My all time worst favorite is Randy Cross. What a moron. And the Bengals? quarterback, Boomer Esiason, wow, you wonder how he? was? every smart? enough to call plays. Most of the athlete-analysts are just there for star power for the network and live off their reputation as long as they can. Few have anything interesting to say, um, Shannon Sharpe. Tom Jackson is ok, as is Howie Long, but Bradshaw? Give me a break. What? does? he actually do besides wave his arms?

K Kreme mentioned a few of the worst...please don't leave out Matt Millen!? He's awful!!
Irvin can barely put a sentence together...let's just say he's "grammatically challenged."? How could people take him seriously?
Guys I like:? Aikman has really improved since he started.? He's grown on me.? I wish he had better talent to work with than Buck though.? I do like Collinsworth and I know I'm in the minority here, but the guy knows his shit.? Tom Jackson as well.? ?peace?

I agree, Aikman, Collingsworth, Phil Simms, and Tom Jackson are good.

and what is up with  the "third person" on the sidelines whose  entire job is to get a 10 second sound clip going into half time. I wonder how much the networks pay those  dweebs?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: