Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:18:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  the GNR underground discovered about the leaksers, and the hoarders...
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the GNR underground discovered about the leaksers, and the hoarders...  (Read 271815 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1100 on: May 07, 2007, 11:12:13 PM »

this is pretty much the greatest thread I've ever seen. I'm on my third 7&7 and I can't stop laughing. So cheers to all of you.? beer

LOL...I haven't done that in SOME time!  When they were on the Euro Tour last year, I would sit here and read the updates quite often with a bottle of Diet Coke and a fifth of Canadian Club to guide me through the night.

I can't imagine how I'd react to this thread in that circumstance!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1101 on: May 07, 2007, 11:18:13 PM »

I really think it's unfair to Jarmo here. There's some of the posts here that should really be saved when he and Mysteron suddenly become cool again with more pre-sales and stuff like that (I remember well people saying how much they ruled).

Anyways, I do remember something. The person who posted this is banned here, but I'm sure he came back with another account.

Nesquick once posted on the first CD clip thread on chinesedemocracy.com that he sent a pm to BP, where the adm confirmed that he knew about the leaks for quite some time, even before Louren?o (gnrsucks) or the other portuguese people. Hell, even Louren?o had to backup his statement about how the clip was authentic sending some kind of proof to BP. How could he knew about that? It's up to you to do the math.

Here's the message: http://chinesedemocracy.com/index.php/topic,25500.msg603113.html#msg603113

That was before Madagascar got leaked.

I don't think BP SHOULD leak anything. If that's indeed the truth, he was right by keeping to himself or with just some friends. The problem here is: why point finger at Jarmo (when there's no proof but a liar word), forgive or ignore BP's role in this history and yet call someone who cheated to get some illegal material not for the fans, but to make himself a legend in a internet community?

Of course I got the demos. Who didn't? But this can't take the blame off the guy that did all this shit just for the sake of surpass another cheater in bullshit to catch some leaks.

Also, the IQ story.. I know you wanted to bring some attention for the text writing in this way. But believe me, this alone couldn't be smart enough for someone who likes to proclaim himself as a "genius" and lie with self indulgence about how painful is to be like that.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 11:33:28 PM by Voodoochild » Logged

BillBailey
Headliner

greatest piece of album art ever UYI

« Reply #1102 on: May 07, 2007, 11:48:34 PM »

This is one of the weirdest most insane internet stories ever. The songs are definetly worth what MLS did to get them. They are fantastic. The really insane thing is that if this fan base wasn't so desperate to hear new music from the world's greatest band none of this would have ever happend. Im not blaming Axl. He is an artist and has every right to do whatever the fuck he wants. But the guns internet community is a rabid group of people who have been starving for any new music. I am so grateful this all went down. These songs will definitely help tide over what can only be described as the wait of the decade.

There's a lot goin on here.....
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1103 on: May 07, 2007, 11:53:58 PM »

This is one of the weirdest most insane internet stories ever. The songs are definetly worth what MLS did to get them. They are fantastic. The really insane thing is that if this fan base wasn't so desperate to hear new music from the world's greatest band none of this would have ever happend. Im not blaming Axl. He is an artist and has every right to do whatever the fuck he wants. But the guns internet community is a rabid group of people who have been starving for any new music. I am so grateful this all went down. These songs will definitely help tide over what can only be described as the wait of the decade.
I agree with you in a way.  If we hadn't been waiting for SO long this probably could've been avoided.  I just hope this doesn't slow things down even more.  I don't know if they had a plan in place to put a number of the leaked tracks on the album and now maybe that's changed because of the leaks.  Maybe they feel like they need to re-work them even more because the public has already heard them.  I wouldn't be at all dissappointed if they were released as is, let's just hope that comes sometime soon.  The songs are great but I don't know if they can hold me over another couple years.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1104 on: May 08, 2007, 12:03:13 AM »

I agree with you in a way.? If we hadn't been waiting for SO long this probably could've been avoided.? I just hope this doesn't slow things down even more.? I don't know if they had a plan in place to put a number of the leaked tracks on the album and now maybe that's changed because of the leaks.? Maybe they feel like they need to re-work them even more because the public has already heard them.? I wouldn't be at all dissappointed if they were released as is, let's just hope that comes sometime soon.? The songs are great but I don't know if they can hold me over another couple years.

Slow things down even more? Come on! We need to stop believing all these BS excuses we keep getting from this band that does not want to release an album. Every album leaks now, and guess what, they still get released on the day they are scheduled. Axl, Stop being such a fucking baby, and release this album. So a few songs got leaked (for the 4th time?) WHO CARES!!!!!!!! We all have heard them, we all love them, get with the program.
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1105 on: May 08, 2007, 12:20:12 AM »

I don't know if anyone around here pays attention to the way things typically work, but leaked material doesn't F'ing push back release dates.  If anything, it typically speeds them up!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1106 on: May 08, 2007, 12:27:00 AM »

I don't know if anyone around here pays attention to the way things typically work, but leaked material doesn't F'ing push back release dates.  If anything, it typically speeds them up!

I disagree, at least in this case.    Axl's lawyers sent a letter saying otherwise to the admin of another board.    Also, shit has been leaking since 2005, and do we have the album yet?

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #1107 on: May 08, 2007, 12:57:09 AM »

Nice job on getting the tracks Mr.SaintLaurant, but that hardly makes you a genuis... quick thinking and being a good bullshitter did get you a nice reward though... bravo. peace

Did anyone comment on how these tracks we never heard sounded?
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #1108 on: May 08, 2007, 12:59:55 AM »

Ps- Axl isn't going to sue his fans, but you can bet he wants to know what person on the payroll put these songs out there....

I just wish whatever person who has the tape Catcher in the rye was on would leak the rest of those demos from the 99-02 sessions.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1109 on: May 08, 2007, 01:07:50 AM »

MSL had a shot to be liked but he blew it with his cockiness and self back patting. everyone hates that. never mention how smart u are and then say u are on your parents cell phone plan.............. thats kind of pathetic.

Anyhow, I think someone in the GNR camp accidentally leaked it.

Think about it, how the fuck would someone in Portugal get a copy of those songs unless they knew someone affilliated with the band and they sent them a copy?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1110 on: May 08, 2007, 01:09:39 AM »

I don't know if anyone around here pays attention to the way things typically work, but leaked material doesn't F'ing push back release dates.? If anything, it typically speeds them up!

Yeah but most of the time a band writes and records an album within a year or two, releases it with singles, videos,interviews and tours.

Obviously things go a little differently in the land of GNR.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jmrgnr
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1111 on: May 08, 2007, 01:20:39 AM »

what a coincidence...the band is playing the leaked songs on tour....they played maddy live on MTV....now more leaks of songs that have been around forever just before a tour. So that people won't know the new stuff when they come through town. If these were different songs than the ones on tour then Axl should be pissed....but theyare not so what's the problem what's the conspiarcy. MLS ain't no 007 he just got a bunch of songs we all knew....WOW....amazing....thanks for the heads up of things to come. Wonder if they will play these same songs live.....again.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1112 on: May 08, 2007, 01:24:35 AM »

MSL had a shot to be liked but he blew it with his cockiness and self back patting. everyone hates that. never mention how smart u are and then say u are on your parents cell phone plan.............. thats kind of pathetic.

Anyhow, I think someone in the GNR camp accidentally leaked it.

Think about it, how the fuck would someone in Portugal get a copy of those songs unless they knew someone affilliated with the band and they sent them a copy?

I've always thought the leaks came from GnR and nobody else. Anybody that knows me knows why I think that.

In general, people who are intelligent, don't go around talking about how intelligent they are. They don't need to.

MisterSaintLaurent
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #1113 on: May 08, 2007, 01:39:05 AM »

you don't have to like me as a person, but the type of person i am is why you have the songs. honestly, think about what i did. do you think someone who wasn't full of themself would think they could pull it off? would they be able to spew the bullshit needed to get the job done?

i didn't do this for people to like me. i did this so we could LISTEN TO THE MUSIC. yes, i am a delusional egomaniac. we wouldn't have the songs otherwise.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #1114 on: May 08, 2007, 01:40:24 AM »

YAWN.....................
MisterSaintLaurent
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #1115 on: May 08, 2007, 01:55:45 AM »

In general, people who are intelligent, don't go around talking about how intelligent they are. They don't need to.

it's amazing that people can't understand this . . .

i was sitting on my couch, watching judge judy (the same couch i'm sitting on now and i happen to be watching judge judy). i thought to myself, "if out smarting people is what it takes to get GNR songs [nemus/gnrsucks] and my IQ is 155, maybe i can get us some songs."

i don't know why that thought came into my head while i was watching judge judy, it just did. now, how do i truthfully tell my story and not include what made me think to do this?

if you don't happen to like my line of thinking, you could always delete the songs. don't you feel weird shitting on me for being honest about why i thought to do this while you're also enjoying the tracks?

stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #1116 on: May 08, 2007, 02:05:04 AM »

YAWN! Now you've got me yawning too!
And I was hoping that I could come and sit here for awhile and get alittle peace and quiet whilst the Northern hemishpere sleeps......

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
PrettyTiedUp763
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1117 on: May 08, 2007, 02:08:33 AM »

MisterSaintLaurent, I just wanted to thank you very much for all you have done. Though I may not agree or like certain parts in your story to how you received these tracks, I will not criticize you and I appreciate what you have risked in order to release these leaks. Thanks.  Wink
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1118 on: May 08, 2007, 02:35:34 AM »

YAWN! Now you've got me yawning too!
And I was hoping that I could come and sit here for awhile and get alittle peace and quiet whilst the Northern hemishpere sleeps......

i think you mean western, not northern.
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #1119 on: May 08, 2007, 02:36:27 AM »

MSL honestly, you're not that smart, as you pretend to be... No one with an IQ with 155 would write, think and present himself as you did... So stop pretending being something special...
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: