Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:13:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  ~~~Official New York Yankees Fans Thread~~~
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ~~~Official New York Yankees Fans Thread~~~  (Read 20700 times)
SlashHoppus182
What's My Age Again?
Banned
Opening Act

Blink182

« on: April 22, 2007, 11:24:03 AM »

Since I haven't seen it yet, this thread will be used to talk about anything and everything about the 2007 New York Yankees. To get it started, the Yankees definitely need to win their game against the BoSox tonight because they can't get swept by them. A-rod had a decent day yesterday and so did the rest of the bats but the pitching wasn't there.

Discuss? beer

Hyman will whoop you x2!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 10:39:08 PM »

the pitching has suck so far....hopefully they can get that straitened out soon.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 11:03:03 PM »

If i were Mike Myers i would not walk the streets of New York after tonight.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 12:23:55 AM »

as a non NY baseball fan living in NY this was one of the greatest times to hate the yankees.  man do they SUUUCCCKKK right now!

beer

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 07:52:16 PM »

If i were Mike Myers i would not walk the streets of New York after tonight.

hihi

I think dude probable went home and got pissed drunk . at least that is what I would have done.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 07:53:15 PM »

yeah me too i think.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 08:21:21 AM »

shut out by A.J. Burnett (1-1, 5.57 ERA)Huh

6-game losing streak with the Sox coming to town, less than a week after they embarressed the shit out of them.

this is about as "must win" a series as there can be in april. who'd have thought? they cannot allow Dice-K to dominate them in their house. the pressure is on.   

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 09:37:50 AM »

To the Yankees, I give a blanket and flashlight.  Basements are cold and lonely  hihi

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2007, 07:39:04 AM »

7 losses in a row, including 4 straight to the SOX. depressing times in yankee nation.

rivera is killing them. he started off slow last year, but he looks terrible.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2007, 10:12:25 AM »

torre's job is in jeopardy.

big don may be managing the (sinking) ship a year earlier than planned.

pressure is ON in these next 2 vs. the SOX. i'd love to watch today's game, but i can't miss the draft.

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2007, 02:42:34 PM »

This team looks lifeless and un-inspired

At some point the great Torre has to be held accountable

I love the guy and appreciate him, but he does not have a life-long position here

Good thing Lamoriello is not the gm...................
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2007, 04:34:32 PM »

they are swinging the bats pretty decently but they have to do something about the pitching. rant

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2007, 07:26:23 PM »

And we finally win one and against boston. rivera looked good which was the most encouraging for me just gotta get him in there more. he just wasn't getting enough innings. of course we have to be winning for him to get in most the tme. igawa looked pretty good too has to cut down on those walks though.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2007, 08:35:36 PM »

And we finally win one and against boston. rivera looked good which was the most encouraging for me just gotta get him in there more. he just wasn't getting enough innings. of course we have to be winning for him to get in most the tme. igawa looked pretty good too has to cut down on those walks though.

Could'nt believe how Igawa was mowing down the Sawx -  I agree about Rivera
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2007, 08:41:52 PM »

Could'nt believe how Igawa was mowing down the Sawx -  I agree about Rivera

The problem with Rivera is he just never works enough during the spring. 10 innings just isn't enough especially at his age. He needs to work more innings during the spring. Igawa surprised me especially since he came in an emergency situation. Karstens has a broken fibular btw. So another one bites the duet.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2007, 08:50:08 PM »

it was good to see them win. but the pitching is still a huge problem that I don't see getting fixed for a while..

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2007, 08:53:49 PM »

Yeah, We are ok with the first 3 Wang Pettitte and Moose when he comes back this week. The 4th and 5th spots are a disaster. Its almost a guaranteed two losses a week. Pavano is supposed to start throwing off a mound this week. I'm sure he'll hurt himself doing that though.
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2007, 07:12:19 PM »

the pitching has suck so far....hopefully they can get that straitened out soon.

That's always their issue!  Roll Eyes

After watching them play Boston, I think they need to go to Japan to recruit!  Cheesy

Why don't you just....
SlashHoppus182
What's My Age Again?
Banned
Opening Act

Blink182

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2007, 07:34:09 PM »

Were beating Texas 4-0 bottom 1st so far!

Hyman will whoop you x2!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2007, 07:51:58 PM »

Texas is easy though. I wanna see how we do after seattle when we get to chicago the mets etc.
Mal Brossard
VIP

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2007, 12:18:13 PM »

Yeah, time to get excited there, pounding a last-place team!  Woohoo!

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2007, 12:23:23 PM »

Better than the alternative.....getting pounded by a last place team.

Smiley

They need the gimmee's right now....it lets Mussina and Wang "stretch their legs" a bit on their road to recovery.  They're at .500, now.....lets see if they can keep the 7-3 over the last 10 games "bent" as they move on to tougher teams.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2007, 12:41:01 PM »

Phil Garner was on the radio the other day saying that Clemens' deal with the Astros was tolerated and accepted untill he started missing games etc. and showing up at Movie premiers and Golf outings.

Clemens = whore

Plain and simple
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2007, 01:00:53 PM »

Phil Garner was on the radio the other day saying that Clemens' deal with the Astros was tolerated and accepted untill he started missing games etc. and showing up at Movie premiers and Golf outings.

Clemens = whore

Plain and simple

You know, my question is: How does that make him any different than just about every other player in the league?  Are they working for free?

With Clemens, you likely get 6 solid innings every 5th day....something the Yanks can't say about ANY other candidate on their roster for that 4th starting spot.

If they feel that's worth what Clemens wanted, $$$-wise, what's the big deal?  IF he misses games or goes to play golf or goes to a movie premiere instead of doing what he can to make the team better, then I suppose there's some griping to be done.  But til then.....the guy has worked hard, and been so consistently good, for so long, that he can get the types of deals he gets because teams feel they NEED him.  I'm not sure why there's some expectation that he should be all "altruistic" and play for less than he can get. 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 01:02:38 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2007, 01:23:38 PM »

Hey, Clemens has earned the right to make his own rules. He is the Greatest Right Handed Pitcher in the history of the game. Is he worth 28 Million (22 prorated) probably not, but if he can fix the hole that the Yankee's have in their rotation and they have the 6.5 million a month (salary and luxury tax) what's the problem. Any team with the cash would be stupid not to give him a chance to help their team. If you already have a solid club house that can stop internal backlash from some players who feel that they also deserve special treatment than he is a great pick up. If not he could be a cancer...

I just wish the Sox had upped their offer 10 million (for more senimental reason than anything), I would have loved to see him end where he started. Also would love to see him get the ring that he missed in 86.

1. Shilling
2. Beckett
3. Dice-K
4. Clemens
5. Wakefield

Would have been fun to watch.
Sorry to derail the subject there..... Back to the Yankee's everyone.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2007, 05:27:04 PM »

Yeah so? We're supposed to beat them!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2007, 05:29:09 PM »

As long as he goes out there every 5th day and gives us a chance to win he could go around town with his pants down pissing everywhere for all i give a damn.
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2007, 06:05:52 PM »

If the pitching in perticular the bullpen turns it around the offence will hold up its end of the bargain  ok

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
sandman
Legend

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2007, 08:18:42 PM »

any yankees fans left?  rofl

"The plummeting Yankees (18-23) lost for the seventh time in nine games and matched their low-water mark in a dismal season. At five games below .500, they are right back where they were when owner George Steinbrenner called his team's 9-14 start "clearly not acceptable."

Perhaps even more disconcerting for a $195 million team that has won nine straight AL East titles, New York fell 11 games behind the division-leading Red Sox going into the second game of Boston's doubleheader against Atlanta.

The Yankees are 1-7 this year against their two biggest rivals, the Red Sox and Mets. All-Star second baseman Robinson Cano made three errors and botched a double-play relay for the Yankees. He also homered, grounded into an inning-ending double play with two on and struck out with runners at the corners in the ninth."

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2007, 08:27:33 PM »

The way the starting pitches are dropping like flies is almost getting comical. Today we lose Rasner to a broken finger on a comebacker. The offense has become the big problem though. The pitching has actually kept us in the games for the most part. When you are only scoring 2-3 runs and giving up 4-5 you aren't going to win very often.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2007, 08:17:02 AM »

any yankees fans left?  rofl

We're here.  We don't bolt like other fans do when their team is going through a rough patch. Smiley

But what is there to say?  The pitching finally gets better....and the offense decides to go on vacation.  Thankfully, the past couple of games the bats seemed to have woken up, A-rod seems to be heating up again, and the pitching is holding the line.  The Rasner thing sucks, but Clemens is only a couple weeks away so they can probably find a way to patch the rotation together until he arrives.

And, well...we're still only about a 1/4 of the way through the season.  There's a lot of baseball left to be played.  If, by the AS break, the yanks aren't withing striking distance (5 games-ish) of a playoff spot, THEN it's time to start REALLY worrying.  The key here is who stays healthy...both on the yanks and on the other teams.  Those vaunted, hot as hell Red Sox saw a pretty sizeable lead evaporate last year, after the AS break, due to injuries.....anything can happen in the next 120 games or so.

Together again,
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2007, 12:37:31 PM »

Those vaunted, hot as hell Red Sox saw a pretty sizeable lead evaporate last year, after the AS break, due to injuries.....anything can happen in the next 120 games or so.

All I see is 1978 all over again... who gets to play the Bucky Dent roll on the last day of the season?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2007, 11:15:52 PM »

Those vaunted, hot as hell Red Sox saw a pretty sizeable lead evaporate last year, after the AS break, due to injuries.....anything can happen in the next 120 games or so.

All I see is 1978 all over again... who gets to play the Bucky Dent roll on the last day of the season?

My money would be on Arod he is absolutely due for something huge like that.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2007, 11:50:09 AM »

People also ignore the obvious:  The Yanks don't need to win the AL East, or surpass the Red Sox.  They just need to be better than (by the looks of things) Detroit and Cleveland.  Now, granted, at this point that only means a couple of games difference in the standings (7.5 back instead of 9.5 back), but that's where they need to start, then worry about the sox once they play themselves back into the playoff picture.  One step at a time.

Together again,
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2007, 02:11:13 PM »

People also ignore the obvious:? The Yanks don't need to win the AL East, or surpass the Red Sox.? They just need to be better than (by the looks of things) Detroit and Cleveland.? Now, granted, at this point that only means a couple of games difference in the standings (7.5 back instead of 9.5 back), but that's where they need to start, then worry about the sox once they play themselves back into the playoff picture.? One step at a time.

Yes but we need to win the AL East (2nd place for the last 12 years really sucks), and I can already see the early October one game playoff bring the curse back.
SlashHoppus182
What's My Age Again?
Banned
Opening Act

Blink182

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2007, 03:31:43 PM »

Come on Yankees! We need a sweep over the boys in beantown tonight!

Hyman will whoop you x2!
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2007, 09:38:34 PM »

Try being better than Baltimore before you talk about playoffs.

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? Talking about PLAYOFFS? Are you kidding me?

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2007, 07:46:54 AM »

We're talking about goals, here.

And on paper, can you honestly look at any other team in the AL East and say they're MORE of a threat to make a run at a playoff spot (I'm talking BESIDES the Red sox)?

No, didn't think so.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 09:12:35 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2007, 05:52:42 PM »

The Yanks are a half game behind Baltimore, and 1.5 out of second in the East. They are also just 7 back from the Wild Card right now. There is still alot of baseball left... If that lineup catches fire, and the pitching staff can get a little stability there will be a very interesting September in our futures.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2007, 09:40:48 PM »

That is an awful lot of ifs that need to happen. I'm not saying Baltimore/Toronto will finish ahead of the Yanks, I just don't know that the Wild Card will be coming from the AL East this year. While only around 7 out, there are quite a few teams within that 7 games that they would to jump, and those other teams don't play the same brutal schedule the Yankees play.

Besides tangling with the Sox some more, the Orioles always play New York tough, and they have another 3 game series with the Mets I believe before the All-Star break. That is a tough hill to climb.

For the record, I am not a Sox fan. I do not like the Yankees at all, but have a deep respect for the way the organization treats the game and the way they operate. They are a class act in every sense of the word, with the exception of A-Rod's bush league plays that he seems to pull every couple years or so. (2004 Playoffs, Yelling whatever he yelled recently)

They just need a shake up to get younger again, and they'll be right back on top.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2007, 08:47:37 AM »

They just need a shake up to get younger again, and they'll be right back on top.

I think they might be doing just that, sort of.  Look...over the past few games, what's their lineup been?

Cabrera in Center
Cairo at 1st
And obviously Cano at 2nd.

I think Giambi's injury might actually be helping out the Yanks right now....getting Johnny some time to rest his legs, while still contributing offensively, and getting Cabrera everyday play, and seeing that Cairo can really play 1st base pretty damn well......

I'm pretty happy with the way they've planed the last 7 or 8 games.  Even the Monday debacle in Chicago was more a function of having to throw DeSalvo out there than poor play by the Yanks, IMHO.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2007, 07:36:51 PM »

I think they might be doing just that, sort of.  Look...over the past few games, what's their lineup been?

Cabrera in Center
Cairo at 1st
And obviously Cano at 2nd.

I think Giambi's injury might actually be helping out the Yanks right now....getting Johnny some time to rest his legs, while still contributing offensively, and getting Cabrera everyday play, and seeing that Cairo can really play 1st base pretty damn well......

I'm pretty happy with the way they've planed the last 7 or 8 games.  Even the Monday debacle in Chicago was more a function of having to throw DeSalvo out there than poor play by the Yanks, IMHO.

We are definitely looking better out there as of late. I agree Giambi's injury may be a blessing. He was just hurting way too much to help us and stay in the lineup.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2007, 08:04:16 AM »

8-2 over the last 10 games, only 1 below .500.

Clemens looked decent on Saturday (though a bit tentative...though I would be too since he was really "testing" the groin).  Clippard took a beating on Sunday (though I didn't think he actually PITCHED that badly....lots of hits on 0-2, 1-2, and 2-2 counts), but Abreu and A-Rod made sure it didn't really matter.  The bullpen actually held up really well, too....though Henn had a rough start before pitching out of it and I'd like to see them NOT have to use 5 pitchers in a game.  Still...they have an off day today so it probably doesn't much matter.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2007, 07:29:16 PM »

Yeah Clemens started off shaky but got better as the game went on. I think that was to be expected with the slight groin issue and it was just his first start after all. No pitcher is at his best his first start of the season. Once he gets those legs really behind him he'll be like he was the last few innings the whole game. I'm not worried about Clippard that was his first real stinker of a start. Can't expect even the best to have a great start every time. Lets see how he does next start.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2007, 11:25:27 PM »

7.5 games behind... This is gonna get good... Go yanks!!  beer
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2007, 11:37:41 PM »

It sure is. Boston has come back down to earth and the yankees are beating the crap out of everyone. 7 games in just over two weeks. I don't see why another 7 isn't possible in the same amount of time to bring us dead even.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2007, 07:52:13 AM »

It sure is. Boston has come back down to earth and the yankees are beating the crap out of everyone. 7 games in just over two weeks. I don't see why another 7 isn't possible in the same amount of time to bring us dead even.

Before we get all excited....remember, the Yanks have largely done this on the back of the NL.  Now, granted, the Sox are playing the same level of competition (heck, mostly the same teams!), but I'll feel much better if they continue this tear against AL competition. Smiley

But I still have to say, I'm pretty encouraged by the signs.  Starting pitching going late into games, not giving up many runs, and the offense seems to have woken up.

Not to mention they're....what....only 3.5 games out of the wild card? That's a mighty big turnaround in a very short period of time. 

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2007, 05:52:43 PM »

Before we get all excited....remember, the Yanks have largely done this on the back of the NL.  Now, granted, the Sox are playing the same level of competition (heck, mostly the same teams!), but I'll feel much better if they continue this tear against AL competition. Smiley

But I still have to say, I'm pretty encouraged by the signs.  Starting pitching going late into games, not giving up many runs, and the offense seems to have woken up.

Not to mention they're....what....only 3.5 games out of the wild card? That's a mighty big turnaround in a very short period of time. 

True but at least we are beating who we are supposed to. We weren't even doing that two weeks ago! We need to sweep the stuggling mets this weekend and hope boston continues to falter against the crappy nl west.
Mal Brossard
VIP

« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2007, 06:44:12 PM »

I wouldn't exactly call Miguel Cairo young.  He's 33, and as a few players here and there have proven, ages of Caribbean and Central American players are always in question.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2007, 07:06:45 PM »

Well i don't care how old he is. He seems to have sparked us. Ever since Doug and Giambi went down and he started playing everyday we've been winning.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2007, 08:56:07 PM »

7.5 games behind... This is gonna get good... Go yanks!!? beer

Before we get all excited....remember, the Yanks have largely done this on the back of the NL.? Now, granted, the Sox are playing the same level of competition (heck, mostly the same teams!), but I'll feel much better if they continue this tear against AL competition. Smiley

But I still have to say, I'm pretty encouraged by the signs.? Starting pitching going late into games, not giving up many runs, and the offense seems to have woken up.

Not to mention they're....what....only 3.5 games out of the wild card? That's a mighty big turnaround in a very short period of time.?

True but at least we are beating who we are supposed to. We weren't even doing that two weeks ago! We need to sweep the stuggling mets this weekend and hope boston continues to falter against the crappy nl west.

Not looking too good so far tonight.  Reyes is KILLING us....though I guess 2-0 is a small defecit to deal with if the Yanks bats decide to wake up...we've had some close calls, and some BAD baserunning.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2007, 09:07:25 PM »

Not looking too good so far tonight.  Reyes is KILLING us....though I guess 2-0 is a small defecit to deal with if the Yanks bats decide to wake up...we've had some close calls, and some BAD baserunning.

Yeah the streak has to end eventually. I'm still hoping its not tonight. If only Arod had hit that ball a little better this would be a tie game.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2007, 12:25:39 AM »

I think the young innocent children say it best:

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2007, 12:48:34 AM »

I think the young innocent children say it best:

You're just scared cause we're in striking distance now. Having Boston II within 5 games of happening must really suck for you Bostonians.  rofl
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2007, 01:29:25 AM »

You're just scared cause we're in striking distance now. Having Boston II within 5 games of happening must really suck for you Bostonians.? rofl

I had to go and look for myself after you said 5 games  hihi   Yanks are closin in for sure  ok

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2007, 01:36:13 AM »

You're just scared cause we're in striking distance now. Having Boston II within 5 games of happening must really suck for you Bostonians.  rofl

I had to go and look for myself after you said 5 games  hihi   Yanks are closin in for sure  ok

They sure are. Another game or two before we play boston again and that series is really interesting!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2007, 07:41:27 AM »

They sure are. Another game or two before we play boston again and that series is really interesting!

I'd say one more game and it's officially a race. But at least the Sox are SEEING the headlights in the rearview now....

I just wish Detroit and Cleveland would stop this "Both winning on the same day" crap.  Smiley

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2007, 06:57:51 PM »

I'd say one more game and it's officially a race. But at least the Sox are SEEING the headlights in the rearview now....

I just wish Detroit and Cleveland would stop this "Both winning on the same day" crap.  Smiley

Yeah but we go head to head with both of those teams relatively soon. So by the time we play the sox we will at least be in the wild card spot.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2007, 07:58:08 PM »

Things are getting hotter in Boston!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2007, 07:36:59 AM »

Yup, I'd say, it's officially a penant race.

Jesus....they've made up 10 1/2 games....man that's a big hole to dig out of.

The rest of the season (and the next 17 games, especially) is gonna be very interesting.  They're, right now, as good as I've EVER seen them.  The nice mix in of youth is really firing them up.  Here's hoping they stay this hot through the rest of the season (and the playoffs).  They certainly did their jobs in Cleveland.

Next up, Baltimore...who gave the sox fits.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2007, 08:06:16 AM »

The rest of the season (and the next 17 games, especially) is gonna be very interesting.  They're, right now, as good as I've EVER seen them.  The nice mix in of youth is really firing them up.  Here's hoping they stay this hot through the rest of the season (and the playoffs).  They certainly did their jobs in Cleveland.

Yeah its nice seeing the younger guys contributing. Duncan, Hughes, Chamerlain maybe Kennedy before too long. I'd like to see us take 2 of 3 from Baltimore. We then play struggling Detroit 8 of the next 12 before the Boston series. I'd like to see us gain another game or two before that showdown. Make that series really mean something big.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2007, 07:53:36 AM »

Yeah its nice seeing the younger guys contributing. Duncan, Hughes, Chamerlain maybe Kennedy before too long. I'd like to see us take 2 of 3 from Baltimore. We then play struggling Detroit 8 of the next 12 before the Boston series. I'd like to see us gain another game or two before that showdown. Make that series really mean something big.

Chamberlain was just nasty last night.  He's got hitters so crossed up they look like little leaguers. Here's hoping, as the league gets a better look at him, that doesn't change.  I think, if this guy proves to be the "real deal" you could be looking at our setup guy for a LONG time...and eventually  Mariano's replacement.  Time will tell (and yes, I know I'm asking a lot....but you just get that feeling with this kid).

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2007, 03:29:47 PM »

"The Scooter"...Phil Rizzuto...died late last night.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2974097

The Scooter will forever be engrained in my memories of the Yankees, and my long time fandom.  I'll never forget him calling the games on NY Channel 11, while my dad and I would sit and watch.  I grew up with Phil calling the games and to me...he was the voice of the Yanks in my childhood.

RIP, Phil.  Thanks for the memories.

crying

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2007, 07:13:13 PM »

"The Scooter"...Phil Rizzuto...died late last night.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2974097

The Scooter will forever be engrained in my memories of the Yankees, and my long time fandom.  I'll never forget him calling the games on NY Channel 11, while my dad and I would sit and watch.  I grew up with Phil calling the games and to me...he was the voice of the Yanks in my childhood.

RIP, Phil.  Thanks for the memories.

crying

Oh damn that sucks. I always liked him Sad

RIP Phil
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2007, 07:13:51 PM »

Chamberlain was just nasty last night.  He's got hitters so crossed up they look like little leaguers. Here's hoping, as the league gets a better look at him, that doesn't change.  I think, if this guy proves to be the "real deal" you could be looking at our setup guy for a LONG time...and eventually  Mariano's replacement.  Time will tell (and yes, I know I'm asking a lot....but you just get that feeling with this kid).

I don't know. I think they're still intent on making him a starter.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2007, 08:29:14 PM »

The rest of the season (and the next 17 games, especially) is gonna be very interesting.? They're, right now, as good as I've EVER seen them.? The nice mix in of youth is really firing them up.? Here's hoping they stay this hot through the rest of the season (and the playoffs).? They certainly did their jobs in Cleveland.

Chamberlain was just nasty last night.? He's got hitters so crossed up they look like little leaguers. Here's hoping, as the league gets a better look at him, that doesn't change.? I think, if this guy proves to be the "real deal" you could be looking at our setup guy for a LONG time...and eventually? Mariano's replacement.? Time will tell (and yes, I know I'm asking a lot....but you just get that feeling with this kid).

Like the Red Sox were intent on making Papelbon a starter.....

Smiley

We'll see.  If he goes the rest of the season like he has so far.....I see him being their set up man for a LONG time to come....and eventually their closer.  It takes a specific type of pitcher to be a closer...ice in the blood kinda thing.  They have Hughes and reportedly Kennedy ready to step into their rotation.  I think (but we'll see) Chamberlain may just end up being developed into the next Mariano.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2007, 09:05:48 PM »

Like the Red Sox were intent on making Papelbon a starter.....

Smiley

We'll see.  If he goes the rest of the season like he has so far.....I see him being their set up man for a LONG time to come....and eventually their closer.  It takes a specific type of pitcher to be a closer...ice in the blood kinda thing.  They have Hughes and reportedly Kennedy ready to step into their rotation.  I think (but we'll see) Chamberlain may just end up being developed into the next Mariano.

If he does end up being the next closer i kinda feel bad for the kid. I mean what shoes to fill that will be. I think he can handle it but still how do you replace the best ever.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: