Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:57:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  ~~~Official New York Yankees Fans Thread~~~
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: ~~~Official New York Yankees Fans Thread~~~  (Read 20863 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2007, 08:47:37 AM »

They just need a shake up to get younger again, and they'll be right back on top.

I think they might be doing just that, sort of.  Look...over the past few games, what's their lineup been?

Cabrera in Center
Cairo at 1st
And obviously Cano at 2nd.

I think Giambi's injury might actually be helping out the Yanks right now....getting Johnny some time to rest his legs, while still contributing offensively, and getting Cabrera everyday play, and seeing that Cairo can really play 1st base pretty damn well......

I'm pretty happy with the way they've planed the last 7 or 8 games.  Even the Monday debacle in Chicago was more a function of having to throw DeSalvo out there than poor play by the Yanks, IMHO.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2007, 07:36:51 PM »

They just need a shake up to get younger again, and they'll be right back on top.

I think they might be doing just that, sort of.  Look...over the past few games, what's their lineup been?

Cabrera in Center
Cairo at 1st
And obviously Cano at 2nd.

I think Giambi's injury might actually be helping out the Yanks right now....getting Johnny some time to rest his legs, while still contributing offensively, and getting Cabrera everyday play, and seeing that Cairo can really play 1st base pretty damn well......

I'm pretty happy with the way they've planed the last 7 or 8 games.  Even the Monday debacle in Chicago was more a function of having to throw DeSalvo out there than poor play by the Yanks, IMHO.

We are definitely looking better out there as of late. I agree Giambi's injury may be a blessing. He was just hurting way too much to help us and stay in the lineup.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2007, 08:04:16 AM »

8-2 over the last 10 games, only 1 below .500.

Clemens looked decent on Saturday (though a bit tentative...though I would be too since he was really "testing" the groin).  Clippard took a beating on Sunday (though I didn't think he actually PITCHED that badly....lots of hits on 0-2, 1-2, and 2-2 counts), but Abreu and A-Rod made sure it didn't really matter.  The bullpen actually held up really well, too....though Henn had a rough start before pitching out of it and I'd like to see them NOT have to use 5 pitchers in a game.  Still...they have an off day today so it probably doesn't much matter.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2007, 07:29:16 PM »

Yeah Clemens started off shaky but got better as the game went on. I think that was to be expected with the slight groin issue and it was just his first start after all. No pitcher is at his best his first start of the season. Once he gets those legs really behind him he'll be like he was the last few innings the whole game. I'm not worried about Clippard that was his first real stinker of a start. Can't expect even the best to have a great start every time. Lets see how he does next start.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2007, 11:25:27 PM »

7.5 games behind... This is gonna get good... Go yanks!!  beer
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2007, 11:37:41 PM »

It sure is. Boston has come back down to earth and the yankees are beating the crap out of everyone. 7 games in just over two weeks. I don't see why another 7 isn't possible in the same amount of time to bring us dead even.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2007, 07:52:13 AM »

It sure is. Boston has come back down to earth and the yankees are beating the crap out of everyone. 7 games in just over two weeks. I don't see why another 7 isn't possible in the same amount of time to bring us dead even.

Before we get all excited....remember, the Yanks have largely done this on the back of the NL.  Now, granted, the Sox are playing the same level of competition (heck, mostly the same teams!), but I'll feel much better if they continue this tear against AL competition. Smiley

But I still have to say, I'm pretty encouraged by the signs.  Starting pitching going late into games, not giving up many runs, and the offense seems to have woken up.

Not to mention they're....what....only 3.5 games out of the wild card? That's a mighty big turnaround in a very short period of time. 

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2007, 05:52:43 PM »

Before we get all excited....remember, the Yanks have largely done this on the back of the NL.  Now, granted, the Sox are playing the same level of competition (heck, mostly the same teams!), but I'll feel much better if they continue this tear against AL competition. Smiley

But I still have to say, I'm pretty encouraged by the signs.  Starting pitching going late into games, not giving up many runs, and the offense seems to have woken up.

Not to mention they're....what....only 3.5 games out of the wild card? That's a mighty big turnaround in a very short period of time. 

True but at least we are beating who we are supposed to. We weren't even doing that two weeks ago! We need to sweep the stuggling mets this weekend and hope boston continues to falter against the crappy nl west.
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2007, 06:44:12 PM »

I wouldn't exactly call Miguel Cairo young.  He's 33, and as a few players here and there have proven, ages of Caribbean and Central American players are always in question.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2007, 07:06:45 PM »

Well i don't care how old he is. He seems to have sparked us. Ever since Doug and Giambi went down and he started playing everyday we've been winning.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2007, 08:56:07 PM »

7.5 games behind... This is gonna get good... Go yanks!!? beer

Before we get all excited....remember, the Yanks have largely done this on the back of the NL.? Now, granted, the Sox are playing the same level of competition (heck, mostly the same teams!), but I'll feel much better if they continue this tear against AL competition. Smiley

But I still have to say, I'm pretty encouraged by the signs.? Starting pitching going late into games, not giving up many runs, and the offense seems to have woken up.

Not to mention they're....what....only 3.5 games out of the wild card? That's a mighty big turnaround in a very short period of time.?

True but at least we are beating who we are supposed to. We weren't even doing that two weeks ago! We need to sweep the stuggling mets this weekend and hope boston continues to falter against the crappy nl west.

Not looking too good so far tonight.  Reyes is KILLING us....though I guess 2-0 is a small defecit to deal with if the Yanks bats decide to wake up...we've had some close calls, and some BAD baserunning.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2007, 09:07:25 PM »

Not looking too good so far tonight.  Reyes is KILLING us....though I guess 2-0 is a small defecit to deal with if the Yanks bats decide to wake up...we've had some close calls, and some BAD baserunning.

Yeah the streak has to end eventually. I'm still hoping its not tonight. If only Arod had hit that ball a little better this would be a tie game.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2007, 12:25:39 AM »

I think the young innocent children say it best:

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2007, 12:48:34 AM »

I think the young innocent children say it best:

You're just scared cause we're in striking distance now. Having Boston II within 5 games of happening must really suck for you Bostonians.  rofl
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2007, 01:29:25 AM »

You're just scared cause we're in striking distance now. Having Boston II within 5 games of happening must really suck for you Bostonians.? rofl

I had to go and look for myself after you said 5 games  hihi   Yanks are closin in for sure  ok

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2007, 01:36:13 AM »

You're just scared cause we're in striking distance now. Having Boston II within 5 games of happening must really suck for you Bostonians.  rofl

I had to go and look for myself after you said 5 games  hihi   Yanks are closin in for sure  ok

They sure are. Another game or two before we play boston again and that series is really interesting!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2007, 07:41:27 AM »

They sure are. Another game or two before we play boston again and that series is really interesting!

I'd say one more game and it's officially a race. But at least the Sox are SEEING the headlights in the rearview now....

I just wish Detroit and Cleveland would stop this "Both winning on the same day" crap.  Smiley

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2007, 06:57:51 PM »

I'd say one more game and it's officially a race. But at least the Sox are SEEING the headlights in the rearview now....

I just wish Detroit and Cleveland would stop this "Both winning on the same day" crap.  Smiley

Yeah but we go head to head with both of those teams relatively soon. So by the time we play the sox we will at least be in the wild card spot.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2007, 07:58:08 PM »

Things are getting hotter in Boston!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2007, 07:36:59 AM »

Things are getting hotter in Boston!

Yup, I'd say, it's officially a penant race.

Jesus....they've made up 10 1/2 games....man that's a big hole to dig out of.

The rest of the season (and the next 17 games, especially) is gonna be very interesting.  They're, right now, as good as I've EVER seen them.  The nice mix in of youth is really firing them up.  Here's hoping they stay this hot through the rest of the season (and the playoffs).  They certainly did their jobs in Cleveland.

Next up, Baltimore...who gave the sox fits.

Together again,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: