Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:59:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How the hell can no one know!?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How the hell can no one know!?  (Read 15980 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2006, 11:30:21 AM »

So it's Merck that has Jimmy Hoffa, was flying Amelia Earharts plane and builds pyramids in his spare time.......they do know how to keep a secret.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2006, 11:36:01 AM »

The omni-present threat of litigation has a way of shutting people "in the know" up. Additionally, while the national media will be interested when this thing hits the shelves- I don't think they feel it's necessary to expend the resources to camp outside studios or apply plant informants, etc. Maybe if it were the old band putting out an album after all this time...

If they try to pull this off as a complete and total surprise- I do think something will leak out within 24 hours - 48 hourse beforehand... as the product moves into the hands of people not formally subject to gag orders or unconcerned by them.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2006, 11:36:39 AM »

damn right we are, lennonisgod! - and if it takes longer than the next 10 tuesdays - you can bet we'll all still be here!

It is a pure Hitchcock if ever there was a mystery.  I think its great that there is so much mystique about it all.  Sure, If I hadnt just had the summer from heaven with 5 GnR gigs amidst a highly succesful and amazing tour - I might be a little more "weathered" about it all.

I am constantly overexcited, waiting for news, checking album releases on websites, asking record stores - the suspense is massive.  it certainly is a very different way of doing things in this day and age of My space-heres-the-music-before-we've-even-written-it  ! credit to them for going a different tack.

oh god I wish i was in florida.

Grin

Wow, a Hitchcock reference... very nice, very nice indeed.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2006, 11:38:19 AM »

If they try to pull this off as a complete and total surprise- I do think something will leak out within 24 hours - 48 hourse beforehand... as the product moves into the hands of people not formally subject to gag orders or unconcerned by them.

At least that....mostly because once the album is released into the retail chain of distribution all bets are off...

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2006, 11:45:30 AM »

Probrally rehersed somewhere in S Florida. Lots of out there places west of greater Miami ( Everglades)

If Axl had the mixing done in his home studio, no one would know.

Also agree on the video- we know the European tour was professionally shot. Lots of footage there.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2006, 11:46:55 AM »

maybe we shoudl consider what Robin has posted on his site :

"to be clear, the request to refrain from emailing me about Guns n' Roses is not a diss to you or to the band or to anyone. i simply am not eager to instigate that conversation until an official release date for the album is made public. otherwise, i'd go a little nutzo tossing "i dunnos" and "can't quite says" in every direction. i trust you may understand. there will most certainly be a time to embrace this new ship. let's first allow it to launch from the pad in all it's glory. i look forward to such a time."

I think whatever's going on, it'll all be revealed at the right time, even if some fans think the right time was many years ago, the people in and around the band may think otherwise.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2006, 11:53:19 AM »

2) On the artwork...well, we do have some stuff.  We have the picture that was originally up in Tokyo (the bike/wall/graffiti pic)

do you have it? Where is tokyo?
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2006, 11:55:04 AM »

maybe its just a great idea thats never going to really happen just like democracy in china... did merck actually say that 'chinese democracy' will be released this year or did he say an album, man i'd be pissed if we get down to the last tuesday of this year and guns n roses fucking greatest ?hits volume 2 is released. ?i know axl said, 'people will hear music this year' so yea, gnr are touring and people are indeed ?'hearing music'

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
slunksoma
Headliner

Here Today...Gone to Bed

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2006, 11:56:05 AM »

maybe we shoudl consider what Robin has posted on his site :

"to be clear, the request to refrain from emailing me about Guns n' Roses is not a diss to you or to the band or to anyone. i simply am not eager to instigate that conversation until an official release date for the album is made public. otherwise, i'd go a little nutzo tossing "i dunnos" and "can't quite says" in every direction. i trust you may understand. there will most certainly be a time to embrace this new ship. let's first allow it to launch from the pad in all it's glory. i look forward to such a time."

I think whatever's going on, it'll all be revealed at the right time, even if some fans think the right time was many years ago, the people in and around the band may think otherwise.
Hmm interesting, thanks for posting that markreed as I hadnt seen that before. Im glad he has come out and said that, it shows they understand our plight and eagerness and are not taking our interest for granted, which i often suspected Axl of doing.(don't hit me)
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2006, 11:56:17 AM »

I think Axls burning CD himself, the artwork is being done on a photocopier at Geffen and Merek is doing the quality control.

Thanks to, Jarmo for keeping this quiet, Beta for buying the blank CD's, Bucket Head for all the fried chicken, Slash and Duff for finding a reason or two to get out of the house, The McClaren F1 team for making my pc run quicker, and the fans who I love. Brain, Dickie, Ronnie, Robby, Gilbs, Issy.Dizney and Chris the miner for putting up with the shit, that is namely " Where's Slash?, Who are they? Whats this song called? Bollocks my watch stopped" and the rest, well......

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2006, 12:10:19 PM »

2) On the artwork...well, we do have some stuff.? We have the picture that was originally up in Tokyo (the bike/wall/graffiti pic)

do you have it? Where is tokyo?

I don't think I have it on my work PC...but it's been widely circulated around the net since 2002. It's a black and white photo of a wall with "Guns n Roses" spraypainted on it and a bike (or bikes...can't remember) in front of the wall.  I'll bet someone, here, has a link to it or has it loaded on photobucket...

Together again,
iloozion
Rocker

...we had the strength to choose...

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2006, 12:17:09 PM »

I don't think I have it on my work PC...but it's been widely circulated around the net since 2002. It's a black and white photo of a wall with "Guns n Roses" spraypainted on it and a bike (or bikes...can't remember) in front of the wall.? I'll bet someone, here, has a link to it or has it loaded on photobucket...

that's fan made.....and rather badly made in my opinion. There are no photos of the real cover available on the net.
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2006, 12:18:54 PM »

I think they can "make" it so we don' t know anything by keeping it all a secret on purpose.  It seems that's the way it is.

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2006, 12:20:07 PM »

that's fan made.....and rather badly made in my opinion. There are no photos of the real cover available on the net.

Why there's no pics from that show still amazes me.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2006, 12:22:53 PM »

HAHA

I heard he had like 20 of these running in his basement since last year.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Microboards-DX2DVD-AllInOne-DVD-Duplicator-Printer?sku=244123
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2006, 12:24:17 PM »

I don't think I have it on my work PC...but it's been widely circulated around the net since 2002. It's a black and white photo of a wall with "Guns n Roses" spraypainted on it and a bike (or bikes...can't remember) in front of the wall.? I'll bet someone, here, has a link to it or has it loaded on photobucket...

Again, I've seen that assertion made, before....just as I've seen the contrary assertion made (that it is, indeed, a version of the pic put up). ?But I've never seen anything approaching evidence that it is fan made....If you have some, or have seen some, and can point me to it......that would be great.

Together again,
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2006, 12:28:26 PM »

If you think about today, the first gig of the chinese democracy tour...every other band by this time already has spoilers in the fans forum regarding the setlist for tonights show...but in the gnr world no...we never know anything. I think they are really good keeping secrets

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2006, 12:29:48 PM »

I don't think GN'R has or has ever had a setlist...  that's why there are no setlists.
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2006, 12:33:17 PM »

I don't think GN'R has or has ever had a setlist...? that's why there are no setlists.

ok...I agree with that, they dont have a particular order to play the songs, but they have a clue of what they are going to play, I have the Rock in Rio setlist that Axl had in the stage at his feet. By now, im sure the band knows what songs they might play, if anything new, etc...But that information is always off limits to the gnr fans

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2006, 12:33:49 PM »

I don't think GN'R has or has ever had a setlist...? that's why there are no setlists.

Yea, I remember reading somewhere that even the old GNR would just pick a song to play depending on how the vibe was.

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: