Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 11:44:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227903 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Buckcherry
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buckcherry  (Read 147716 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #320 on: October 05, 2006, 01:09:40 AM »

saw them live in new jersey, they rocked
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #321 on: October 06, 2006, 05:32:33 PM »

The album is almost gold....

I hate fanboys.
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #322 on: October 16, 2006, 09:12:04 PM »

More people should really be talking about this band.

I hate fanboys.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #323 on: October 16, 2006, 09:46:56 PM »

More people should really be talking about this band.

15 is definitely their best overall album, but they have a ways to go yet IMO.
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #324 on: October 17, 2006, 06:29:43 PM »

Personally I like every song on 15 but Carousel and Sunshine and Carousel is just not a style of song I like. Some people like Sunshine but I think it's just a filler song that sounds like a generic rocker. I find their songs recognizable, memorable and out of all my albums I seem to listen to this one the most. I've got a lot of albums. Usually I listen to them for a month or two and then just put 'em on the rack and occasionally spend them. I've had this since like the day after it came out I think in April and I have yet to stop listening to it. I was listening to it just this morning actually. Besides there's not much else going on hard rock wise.I wanna see 'em live.

I hate fanboys.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #325 on: October 17, 2006, 06:32:49 PM »

Personally I like every song on 15 but Carousel and Sunshine and Carousel is just not a style of song I like. Some people like Sunshine but I think it's just a filler song that sounds like a generic rocker. I find their songs recognizable, memorable and out of all my albums I seem to listen to this one the most. I've got a lot of albums. Usually I listen to them for a month or two and then just put 'em on the rack and occasionally spend them. I've had this since like the day after it came out I think in April and I have yet to stop listening to it. I was listening to it just this morning actually. Besides there's not much else going on hard rock wise.I wanna see 'em live.

you n me both man.

html sucks
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #326 on: October 17, 2006, 07:11:41 PM »

Too bad they're pretty much stuck to touring clubs. I'm just crossing my fingers that they'll release sorry or everything as a single and it'll blow up huge like Hinder's "Lips Of An Angel" and then maybe they could tour in bigger places.

I hate fanboys.
Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #327 on: October 17, 2006, 07:16:25 PM »

i hope they are the second openers for the second leg of the GN'R 06/07 tour!  (Baz being first, of course!)  Grin

"Some People got a chip on their shoulder, an some would say it was Me..."
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #328 on: October 17, 2006, 07:26:55 PM »

I wish. They'd be great. The Halifax show doesn't even have Baz so we need someone good to make up for it. Not Papa Roach who's been added to MORE dates.

I hate fanboys.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #329 on: October 18, 2006, 03:08:41 PM »

I MIGHT have an extra ticket to the NYC Webster Hall show.....anyone interested???

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #330 on: October 19, 2006, 02:25:23 AM »

Buckcherry's label really dropped the ball by failing to follow up on Crazy Bitch with Sorry.  15's on the verge of slipping off the top 100.  They had a ton of buzz with Crazy Bitch and didn't capitalize
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #331 on: October 19, 2006, 05:29:28 AM »

ive seen them 6 times since they got back together and each time they are amazing

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
adnan
Opening Act

Proud Hippie Liberal Nutjob

« Reply #332 on: October 19, 2006, 09:31:07 AM »

Very good band. I prefer Buckcherry to Fifteen, but it's still a good album. Strong songwriting etc.

Crazy Bitch sucks ass though.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #333 on: October 19, 2006, 09:33:43 AM »

Very good band. I prefer Buckcherry to Fifteen, but it's still a good album. Strong songwriting etc.

Crazy Bitch sucks ass though.

i always liked crazy bitch before i even knew it was there single. its funky and fun.

html sucks
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #334 on: October 19, 2006, 04:40:15 PM »

I like crazy bitch but it's not one of my favorites. My favorite "rock" song off the album is probably "Onset". I love that song. I love all the songs 'cept for carousel and sunshine. I don't think Buckcherry's label dropped the ball by not released Sorry. I think they dropped the ball by not really promoting "Next 2 You". By the way for those who're interested they filmed a new video for "Next 2 You" by Buckcherry and it's avaliable online.

I hate fanboys.
Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #335 on: October 21, 2006, 02:15:11 PM »

I think 'Sorry' could be a big hit.? i also think 'Out of Line' is a great track, and has hit potential.? it has a great vibe and great lyrics.

i agree that 'Onset' is the most rockin track on 15.?

'Crazy Bitch' is the most fun track on the album, and the lyrics obviously do a great job to draw attention and the young, hip crowd.

am i the only one who loves Time Bomb? it's still my favorite Buckcherry album.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 02:23:19 PM by Axl&Baz07 » Logged

J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #336 on: October 21, 2006, 03:43:04 PM »

I think next they should release either "Sorry" or "Everything". Either could be a big hit on the pop charts. I haven't heard Timebomb. I've heard the songs "Timebomb", "Slit My Wrists" and "{segue}Helpless" and like them though. I can't find it in stores. I hope they re-release it like they're re-releasing their first on Oct. 31.

I hate fanboys.
Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #337 on: October 21, 2006, 05:57:28 PM »

I think next they should release either "Sorry" or "Everything". Either could be a big hit on the pop charts. I haven't heard Timebomb. I've heard the songs "Timebomb", "Slit My Wrists" and "{segue}Helpless" and like them though. I can't find it in stores. I hope they re-release it like they're re-releasing their first on Oct. 31.

yeah, i think 'Sorry' would be a big hit!  it has that feeling to it... hope it is a single, soon.

damn, i didn't know Timebomb was hard to find.  i have had it since it released, back in 01.  i love the album... i still can't figure out why it gets such bad reviews... but then again, it seems like the best stuff often gets poor reviews, imo.  i hope they re-release it, too!

i still think Buckcherry should be the second opener for GN'R during this tour.  they are a perfect fit, imo!!  SO much better than Papa Roach! (who only has one good song, imo)

just think, it would be Sebastian Bach, Buckcherry, and GN'R.  what an awesome lineup!!!

J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #338 on: October 21, 2006, 06:16:26 PM »

Y'know a lot of time history gets altered. Like with Motley Crue's generation swine. It wasn't a huge hit but it debuted at #4 on the charts and went gold + the tour was successful. Popular belief is that it was a complete and total bomb. This is the same for Timebomb I think. Most of the reviews I read for it were positive and the ones that weren't obviously just didn't like buckcherry or that genre of music. Plus the single reached like 7 on the mainstream rock track charts which is pretty good and they toured with AC/DC. I think it simply didn't sell that well because of lack of promotion because didn't Dreamworks fold while that album was out? The album's out of print. The only way I've heard people get it is online from the ocasional copy on ebay or some other store. I can't even find the debut. I saw it once but didn't buy it and then the next time it wasn't there. Luckily it's being re-released with the two bonus tracks {fastback 69 & Late nights in voodoo" that were on the Japanese release and with a bonus dvd that has a  bunch of videos and live performances. One of the videos must've gone unreleased because everyone has said they've never seen the video and I can't find it online. I can't wait to get it and then I believe they're going to re-release timebomb.

I hate fanboys.
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #339 on: October 24, 2006, 07:50:51 PM »

The album is officially gold according to Buckcherry's myspace! I think it'll go platinum!

I hate fanboys.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: