Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 03:41:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227904 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Buckcherry
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buckcherry  (Read 147719 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #400 on: March 23, 2007, 06:47:04 PM »

nottingham was a fucking insane gig!!!

probably the most voilent crowd ive ever dealt with haha, but it was a bloody awesome gig, josh was on top form, though he didnt have a mad rambling or endless stream of swearing during the middle of lit up which was dissapointing cause it makes me laugh.

what did you think of backyard babies?

boring. totally, they didnt do anything for me, the crowd were going wild for them but i couldnt see what was that good, the singer didnt have the charisma to make me think "yeahhh rock n roll" and the music was boring and very same-ish each song, IMO.

html sucks
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #401 on: March 23, 2007, 07:04:43 PM »

probably the most voilent crowd ive ever dealt with haha, but it was a bloody awesome gig, josh was on top form, though he didnt have a mad rambling or endless stream of swearing during the middle of lit up which was dissapointing cause it makes me laugh.

boring. totally, they didnt do anything for me, the crowd were going wild for them but i couldnt see what was that good, the singer didnt have the charisma to make me think "yeahhh rock n roll" and the music was boring and very same-ish each song, IMO.

lame opinion Tongue hihi each their own i guess (did i use that correct?)
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #402 on: March 23, 2007, 08:03:30 PM »

Ya see, I kinda have the opposite feeling.  I love Buckcherry, but I think Backyard babies pull off the 'rock n roll' thing as completely natural - wheras Buckcherry try really hard to look rock n roll, but come off a bit cheesey.  Backyard Babies songwriting is also superior in my opinion (hence why Buckcherry have somgwriters help them out on the songs that are hits'.

I think both bands are great. 
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #403 on: March 23, 2007, 08:22:25 PM »

"punk rock" as its called has been totally overdone for me....

html sucks
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #404 on: March 26, 2007, 10:39:06 PM »

Backyard Babies songwriting is also superior in my opinion (hence why Buckcherry have somgwriters help them out on the songs that are hits'.

If you own 15 you probably haven't looked at the linear notes then.   

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #405 on: March 27, 2007, 04:11:04 AM »

Backyard Babies songwriting is also superior in my opinion (hence why Buckcherry have somgwriters help them out on the songs that are hits'.

If you own 15 you probably haven't looked at the linear notes then.? ?

This is from the official biography on the Atlantic Records website:

"You can hear that intensity on the opening salvo of 'So Far' and in 'Next 2 You,' a collaboration between Josh, Keith, Jimmy Ashhurst and songwriter Marti Fredrickson (Aerosmith). "

and

"there's also the Bic-flicking, Marti Frederickson co-written power ballad, 'Sorry,' "

So there ya go.

Oh, and Crazy Bitch was written when the original band were still together.  It doesn't bother me anyway - I like all of their albums and think they are a good band.  I personally feel that Backyard Babies write better songs.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 04:14:15 AM by Red1 » Logged
GNRslave
Rocker

"turn on the tv cuz i got nowhere to go..."

« Reply #406 on: April 27, 2007, 01:13:13 PM »

i just saw on hinders official website that this summer they're touring with papa roach and buckcherry!!!! it's called "the bad boys of rock n roll" tour or something like that, im definitely going when they hit NYC!! wasnt a big fan of p. roach until their new album, which kicks ass, i recently discovered hinder, another great rock band, and ive been hooked on buckcherry since '01. should be a great tour!!

"gonna wave it right down in your face"
http://www.myspace.com/5232978
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #407 on: April 27, 2007, 01:52:55 PM »

i just saw on hinders official website that this summer they're touring with papa roach and buckcherry!!!! it's called "the bad boys of rock n roll" tour or something like that, im definitely going when they hit NYC!! wasnt a big fan of p. roach until their new album, which kicks ass, i recently discovered hinder, another great rock band, and ive been hooked on buckcherry since '01. should be a great tour!!

hinder. the "we claim to be rock n roll but we infact sound like nickleback and all our songs are slow" poser band.

html sucks
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #408 on: April 27, 2007, 03:19:50 PM »

Damn it.  Buckcherry should know better.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #409 on: May 07, 2007, 05:45:13 PM »

If you own 15 you probably haven't looked at the linear notes then.? ?

This is from the official biography on the Atlantic Records website:

"You can hear that intensity on the opening salvo of 'So Far' and in 'Next 2 You,' a collaboration between Josh, Keith, Jimmy Ashhurst and songwriter Marti Fredrickson (Aerosmith). "

and

"there's also the Bic-flicking, Marti Frederickson co-written power ballad, 'Sorry,' "

So there ya go.

Oh, and Crazy Bitch was written when the original band were still together.? It doesn't bother me anyway - I like all of their albums and think they are a good band.? I personally feel that Backyard Babies write better songs.

Those are two songs that Mart added to. But of course neither of them are hits. Maybe "Next 2 You" but that's a minor rock hit at best and the lowest charting of the 3 released from 15. Buckcherry wrote Lit Up, Crazy Bitch and Everything themselves which are/were hits. Just saying.

I hate fanboys.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #410 on: May 10, 2007, 05:44:40 PM »

Damn, 15 has made its way back into the 80's on the Billboard charts.  That's cool
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #411 on: May 18, 2007, 08:57:55 PM »

got tix to see them 5/29 @ The Bluenote in Columbia,MO  Reserved balcony

great band, can't wait to see them in such a small venue, the bluenote may hold 500..so it should be a kickass show

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #412 on: May 19, 2007, 06:22:08 AM »

got tix to see them 5/29 @ The Bluenote in Columbia,MO  Reserved balcony

great band, can't wait to see them in such a small venue, the bluenote may hold 500..so it should be a kickass show

i was in the crowd for quite a small show, very aggressive fighting type crowd, it was fun though!

html sucks
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #413 on: May 20, 2007, 10:32:00 PM »

im thinking of going to see the tour in vegas

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
GNRslave
Rocker

"turn on the tv cuz i got nowhere to go..."

« Reply #414 on: May 21, 2007, 04:40:18 PM »

does anyone know where i can get the electric version of brooklyn? i dont see it on itunes

"gonna wave it right down in your face"
http://www.myspace.com/5232978
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #415 on: May 21, 2007, 04:56:49 PM »

does anyone know where i can get the electric version of brooklyn? i dont see it on itunes

electric version?

html sucks
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #416 on: May 24, 2007, 12:00:17 PM »

got tix to see them 5/29 @ The Bluenote in Columbia,MO? Reserved balcony

i was in the crowd for quite a small show, very aggressive fighting type crowd, it was fun though!

my floor days are over...officially after the 5/14 GnR performance at Hammerstein.. now days when i go to shows my girlfriend wants to go but she suffers from anxiety and the surge at the 5/14 show was pretty intense being front row center, mid way thru rocket queen she about passed out and she had to get pulled over, which meant i had to get pulled over and i was fuckin pissed.. standing in that line from 10 am to enjoy 20 minutes of a show and the rest of the time being in the back. No More Floor for me

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #417 on: June 01, 2007, 08:20:12 AM »

did anyone notice in late april buckcherry finally got  platinum  album sales for 15?

html sucks
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #418 on: June 01, 2007, 01:00:00 PM »

I did not notice that...that is awesome....the first record should have gone platinum....im happy for them...i always followed them as a band even after they broke up..i saw them at starland ballroom last year right after 15 came out....15 was on an indie label last year....then atlantic picked it up when they saw how it was selling....but starland ballroom was empty last year when i saw them.....and now they are packing places again....good stuff
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #419 on: June 01, 2007, 08:53:11 PM »

Is there any word on Buckcherry's next album?  I would imagine they'd have another one coming out sometime in the next year or so, any word if they've been writing songs or been in the studio?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: