Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 01:08:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227852 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Will U Be Buying The Greatest Hits
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will U Be Buying The Greatest Hits  (Read 52655 times)
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2004, 03:14:13 PM »

you bet your ass i'll buy it!  Maybe if Axl sees a lot of sales it will make him confident to put out Chinese Democracy, or who the fuck knows, maybe the release date inside the booklet like I think the release date for a Cheap Trick cd was in the Greatest Hits booklet too!  And I own all the songs except for Sympathy for Devil, a reason why I will buy it but not only that, yeah we own all the discs, but you don't all the best songs on one disc, like what if your listening to fuckin Sweet Child O' Mine and you wanna hear Knockin on Heaven's Door, you gonna switch your fucking discs every time!?  No, you just buy The Greatest Hits cd and they are both on there.  I love Greatest Hits cds, they r fuckin' great.  I'm excited as hell about this cd and cannot wait. ok

I wondered if it'd boost Axl's confidence.

The fact that the fans and Axl are mostly on the same side regarding this is somewhat encouraging though.

And granted, save for downloading an mp3 of it, Sympathy For The Devil was near impossible to find.

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2004, 03:24:07 PM »

No way

//JK
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2004, 03:24:19 PM »

Alright I have given this more thought. Do we know for a fucking fact that the music on this disc has been remastered? I mean for a fact. I dont want to hear the bullshit "yes it is" kind of comment. Was this on the official press release. I dont remember reading that in their.

If it has been remastered, then yes, I will buy it. The quality of Appetite sucks. And if there is added clarity to these tracks than that is good enough for me. I am a technology whore, and getting something that looks and sounds better is worth the money to me. What Geffen should be doing is releasing the albums on DVD audio for a 5.1 mix. But we all know when it comes to GNR money IS an option.

GNR = the cheaper the better. Look no further than the DVDs if you want to argue.

If the GH is remastered I will get it. But it will leave a baaaad taste in my mouth.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
AxlsPiano
Rocker

Rock N Roll Will Return

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2004, 03:29:40 PM »

Better sound or not, I'm not buying it.
lastroots
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2004, 04:11:35 PM »

I'll give it a listen when it comes out. Maybe I'll be able to listen to it soon, since a friend of mine works at a record store and might get the promo.

If I think the remastering sounds great and new and kickass I'll probably buy it or just ask my buddy to give me a promo cd (for free, of course).

/lastroots
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2004, 04:31:23 PM »

Well the more I read the less I want to believe about this but when it comes to March and The Greatest Hits are out will you buying the greatest hits when it cums out but a lot people think that this album means the end of Chinese Democracy I think it's going some where.

Remember we got WTTV on DVD and UYI on DVD now the greatest hits maybe to close the old I know the Live Era was meant to close off the old band but I think the greatest hits will do just that.

But time will only tell with Chinese Democracy, question is will u buying the greatest hits?

the saddest thing for me to see here (if this point hasn't been said yet) is that GNR's record label feels at this point that they will make more $$$ with a crappy, half-ass GNR greatest hits record than with the new GNR records (if and when they actually exist).

I don't think any boycott would matter - I feel however that GNR's record label is very stupid because GNR has so much more than a greatest hit album:

HASN'T ANYONE GIVEN THOUGHT YET ABOUT A GNR "lost tracks compilation"?
I bet a compilation of GNR songs such as -
Shadow Of Your Love
Ain't Goin Down
Sentimental Movie
Cornshucker
Tastes Good Don't It?!
Don't Cry (DEMO)
Down On The Farm (Live Aid)
and perhaps some of the covers that never made it on The Spaghetti Incident

This would sell so much more than a Greatest Hits Album at this point. If they could reproduce those demos and make the songs a little more clear and audible,  they could have a "surprise album" that would generate interest in us fans calmouring for new GNR material, along with younger rock fans who may finally live to see a "new" GNR album, even though it rocks harder than most Hard Rock of the last 15 years and all it has been doing is rotting away on shelves.

People would get interested in hearing the "new" but UNRELEASED gnr material, and who knows? It may even hype up the new VR and GNR records.

It may also be the only way to secure and lock away GNR's Rock N' Roll legacy before it is too late and before a "Greatest Hits"  further stunts a GNR comeback album.
 Tongue
MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2004, 04:36:29 PM »

Shadow Of Your Love
Ain't Goin Down
Sentimental Movie
Cornshucker
Tastes Good Don't It?!
Don't Cry (DEMO)

Most of those songs don't exist in ''studio quality''

This would mean getting the new GNR to re-do them - this would make royalties really difficult as they would be spread between the new and the old band......plus it would be embarrassing to get 'new gnr' releasing cover versions without an album out.....

plus most of those songs (except SOYL) are shite......

Quick! To the bandwagon!
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2004, 04:54:08 PM »

Actually, I'm pretty sure Axl/the band have all of them in studio quality.

e.g. great shadow of your love & opening of heartbreak hotel on making of don't cry.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2004, 05:05:37 PM »

Shadow Of Your Love
Ain't Goin Down
Sentimental Movie
Cornshucker
Tastes Good Don't It?!
Don't Cry (DEMO)

This would mean getting the new GNR to re-do them - this would make royalties really difficult as they would be spread between the new and the old band......plus it would be embarrassing to get 'new gnr' releasing cover versions without an album out.....

plus most of those songs (except SOYL) are shite......

Exactly

Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2004, 05:12:11 PM »

I'm buying it.  I don't have Sympathy for the Devil so it's a no brainer for me.  

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2004, 05:12:12 PM »

Shadow Of Your Love
Ain't Goin Down
Sentimental Movie
Cornshucker
Tastes Good Don't It?!
Don't Cry (DEMO)

Well, the demo version of Don't Cry was good enough to be on the Don't Cry single.

I bet the have more tracks that are good enough. Just because you don't like them, doesn't mean they shouldn't be released.  Tongue

Isn't the Don't Cry demo from the same demo tape that has a demo of Welcome To The Jungle and Heartbreak Hotel on it?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2004, 05:16:23 PM »

I'm buying it.  I don't have Sympathy for the Devil so it's a no brainer for me.  

same here  ok

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2004, 05:17:22 PM »

Well, I have a few studio quality versions on afew bootlegs of songs like jumping jack flash, jsut another sunday, i think i have sentimental movie. I've had shadow of your love for years. But I would be exstatic to get it on an official cd.

Geffen needs to pilage the gnr back catalog.

Unreleased B-side album
Ritz 88 DVD and CD
Tokyo 92 cd.
Paris 92 cd and DVD
Any other illusion show recorded in its entirety
The 3 vegas 01 shows
Rock in Rio CD/DVD
MSG 02 CD/DVD

If those 8 things beacme cds we would be happy gnr fans for years to come.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
AC
Rocker

« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2004, 05:18:36 PM »

I asked in another topic if the songs were going to be at least remastered. I received a response from someone, not sure who (go look for it yourself, I have no time). This person said that not only are these 14 songs remastered (mainly the Appetite tracks sounding much fuller), but ALL the albums have been remastered and to look for all of these remastered albums to be released by the end of this year. Regardless, I need Sympathy for the Devil, and if the songs are remastered then all the better.

Found it:

Quote from: AA on February 19, 2004, 04:50:59 pm
So are the songs going to remastered at least?

AA

Yes, the tracks are remastered. They DEFINITELY sound more fuller, especially the APPETITE tracks. You will truly appreciate the production and performances a lot more.

By the way, they did remaster all of the albums, not just the these 14 tracks so expect those to be released at the end of the year.  
? Last Edit: February 19, 2004, 05:03:11 pm by Darth Bowie ?

AA.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2004, 05:21:18 PM by AA » Logged

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
BucketRose
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2004, 05:23:33 PM »

I can't believe that some of you are actually gonna -re-buy something that you already have.  It sure must be nice to live at home with mommy and daddy and throw away your money like it grows on trees.

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2004, 05:24:22 PM »

I will buy it, but only because I suffer from acute collectionitis  Tongue

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
slashsaxl
VIP

I'll never find anyone to replace you....

« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2004, 05:28:14 PM »

I can't believe that some of you are actually gonna -re-buy something that you already have.  It sure must be nice to live at home with mommy and daddy and throw away your money like it grows on trees.

someone's a little bitter....do i live at home with mommy and daddy? no! am i gonna buy the cd with songs i already have? fuck ya! why? cause i choose to, its all part of the collection

rock n' roll

To Be A Rock And Not To Roll....
IHaveNoPatience
Headliner

« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2004, 05:45:25 PM »

Maybe someday...

So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye
So you think you can love me and leave me to die
Oh baby, can't do this to me baby
Just gotta get out, just gotta get right out of here
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2004, 06:00:03 PM »

I bet the have more tracks that are good enough. Just because you don't like them, doesn't mean they shouldn't be released.  Tongue

I didn't make any comment on whether they should be released or not.......

I just saw some 'problems' they would face in doing it

I would be over the moon if it was released, at the end of the day its a new GNR tune.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2004, 06:04:48 PM »

Why dont you shut the fuck up. You are an ignorant little girl aren't you? What a false sense of ego you have. I am the king of my castle. I live there with my queen and my princess. How fucking funny is it that a little girl like yourself wants to act like she knows it all. I can buy whatever the fuck I see fit to. You are lost little girl.

Speaking of Daddy's, why don't you call yours and tell him what a great job you did today.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: