Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 02:08:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Is the AP and other news outlet articles off limits now?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is the AP and other news outlet articles off limits now?  (Read 3465 times)
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: November 10, 2006, 07:30:54 PM »

I noticed that all the references on the AP article seemed to have disappeared, as well as the reviews from earlier this morning.

I was just wondering if the ban on articles was now extending to legitimate news organizations as well as those that are designed to spread lies and chaos?

Should we basically start operating off the assumption we are not allowed to post reviews or news releases from news outlets anymore?
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 07:50:44 PM »

I guess the news articles are spreading lies and choas, so they get deleted. Especially those RS blogs, they aren't very nice about Jarmo/HTGTH.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 09:17:05 PM »

We should have the moderators and Merck come up with a list of banned sources that are gossip rags and tabloids. Based on the enforcement today it looks like from now on any article from The Associated Press, Boston Herald and Boston Globe will be prohibited. We also know that Rolling Stone is a no-no as well.

I sure hope that we outlaw any articles from these sources, positive or negative, because we can't really be sure when they are trying to spread lies. I would hate to think Merck and the Mods would only cherry pick ones they agree with, instead of having a consistent enforcement policy.

Feel free to add any more because I want to shield my eyes and ears from the gossip and chaos I will be exposed to by reading such filth.nervous
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 10:01:29 PM »

Before I say anything.. By AP do you mean Associated Press?

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 10:04:34 PM »

Yes. That hack journalist organization that distributed an anti-GNR article to all the major media outlets today.
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 10:09:20 PM »

Yes. That hack journalist organization that distributed an anti-GNR article to all the major media outlets today.

Regardless of hacks or not, they are the biggest news organization in the world... These things need to be policed by GnR and NOT the fans.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 09:14:09 AM »

jesus christ you've got to be kidding me....so nothing even remotely negative is allowed to be discussed on here?
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 01:28:34 PM »

I just posted abotu this but it may be deleted.

It would seem fair to allow us to discuss both sides of the story.  We have GNR's side and w ehave been allowed to talk about that as much as we want.  Now we have the fire marshalls side.  Shouldn't we be allowed to talk about that?  Who cares that it makes GNR look bad?  I mean GNR's story made the fire marshall's look bad and no one cared about that?

Seems like it would be fair ro allow both sides to have their story told and debated.  Why the extreme censorship?
Axls Rosed
Opening Act

It allready sounds better than contraband

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006, 01:33:29 PM »

This is absolute bullshit.? Anyone whith a brain and is capable of independant and rational thought knows that Merck fed us a truckload of shit in that message.? The only result of having Jarmo censor the shit out of us is that HTGTH gets bullshited first.?

Seriously, who in the fuck would believe that the fucking firemarshals were out to get them?? Idiots.? Fucking Idiots.? Thats who.

But I have the solution to this problem http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?act=Reg&CODE=00Right here and I think anyone whois as fed up as I am should follow me.

Chinese democracy starts whenever the ablum drops
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2006, 01:57:48 PM »

Everything negative is forbidden to post or comment.  I understand (no, I really don't) that the management wants to rid of some bullshit articles and people who are spreading lies, but Christ, it's AP we're talking about, one of the world's biggest news agencies.  Roll Eyes  On the orher hand: Why aren't we allow to judge if we believe something or not? Why can't discuss it? Why can't be someone or some fans wrong about something? Why has everyone the feeling that the management's censorship (can we still use the word censorship?) is not against the lies but against everything they think to be negative? It'll ruin the world's greatest GN'R site.

Chinese Democracy has started!  Undecided

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Grouse
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2006, 02:54:13 PM »

This is absolute bullshit.? Anyone whith a brain and is capable of independant and rational thought knows that Merck fed us a truckload of shit in that message.? The only result of having Jarmo censor the shit out of us is that HTGTH gets bullshited first.?

Seriously, who in the fuck would believe that the fucking firemarshals were out to get them?? Idiots.? Fucking Idiots.? Thats who.

But I have the solution to this problem http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?act=Reg&CODE=00Right here and I think anyone whois as fed up as I am should follow me.

I always the do same thing...but it's just so sad to see this site going down the drain
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2006, 04:24:59 PM »

I always the do same thing...but it's just so sad to see this site going down the drain

dont go to mygaynr.com

this way >

come here and we can talk all we want, pass it to people who are tired of this board  Cool

http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/index.php

Grouse
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2006, 04:28:57 PM »

dont go to mygaynr.com

this way >

come here and we can talk all we want, pass it to people who are tired of this board? Cool

http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/index.php

hehe don't worry I'm also a member of chidem.com Smiley
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2006, 09:48:27 PM »

Everything negative is forbidden to post or comment.  I understand (no, I really don't) that the management wants to rid of some bullshit articles and people who are spreading lies, but Christ, it's AP we're talking about, one of the world's biggest news agencies.  Roll Eyes  On the orher hand: Why aren't we allow to judge if we believe something or not? Why can't discuss it? Why can't be someone or some fans wrong about something? Why has everyone the feeling that the management's censorship (can we still use the word censorship?) is not against the lies but against everything they think to be negative? It'll ruin the world's greatest GN'R site.
Chinese Democracy has started!  Undecided

Quoted for truth.

It is very easy to understad Mr big J here, imo.
He's in an amazing position. Webmaster of an unofficial site  not only enjoying the trust but also having some sort of line of communication with band's managment, and even band itself.It doesn't get better than for a webmaster of unofficial fan site does it?
Anyone who'd manage to reach such position after years and years of webmastering one's ass off would do much to stay in that position, regardless what  it takes.If it means reporting news, and selecting news what to report in manner that makes Fox news actually seem fair and balanced so be it.

It is also very easy to understand that a typical GNR fan acting like a typical fan does gets incredibly fucking fustrated by it. Being a fan always has a varying amount of this..tabloid-quality in it. You LOVE reading about rumors, discussing about them, discrediting them, theorizing. And you WANT to devour every single bit of buzz and hype around the band. Good or bad, you want to know about it. Then you log in here, and find a "read me" post announcing "Hey you can't talk about you know what"Of course a fan get's pissed off anf fusrated. Fan wants to know.He feels he needs to know, that's part of being a fan:yes:
He can't, gets pissed off and goes elsewhere.

Reading official statements, announcements, tourdate updates..is all fine and neat but it doesn't even begin to satisfy the  hunger of a typical news/rumor- horny fan.

There was a tiiiiiiiii-iiime when, had  AP had reported "According to a nameless source, W.Axl Rose took a leak today" it would have been news here. Simply because AP posting an article about GNR is automatically  just that.News.
It's somehow sad that huge part of people who never get to see the article here will get to see it on one of the gazillion newspapers who fill most of their news sections with stuff aquired via  AP.
Because I love this site, it just feels so completely fucked up and wrong. Cry

It's beyond fucked up that GNR managment attempts to moderate GNR fanbase and the entire goddamned internet.While putting webmasters of unofficial sites in fucking annoying position as a side product.
It's Managment. One would think they have understanding of PR and how "easy" it is to control internet. And how little fans appreciate them actually trying.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 12:51:45 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: