Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 02:41:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  The MSG show. (everyone read this topic).
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The MSG show. (everyone read this topic).  (Read 6970 times)
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2006, 07:10:21 PM »

Do we really need 20 MSG show topics?? Everyone is posting a freaking topic about it like it's going to be God's gift to music.

Why is everyone so obsessed with the thought that something huge is going to happen at this show?? I mean, sure it's a big show, it could be the biggest on the tour, but did they do anything special in 2002?? Did they do anything special at Hammerstein?

Gn'R is sticking to a strict formula for these shows, and just because it's MSG doesn't mean it's going to change.? Hell I don't know, something big could happen.. but you're all setting yourself up for a big disapointment if nothing big happens.

Everyone is expecting new songs, release dates announced, Jesus to be in the audience, and if we're lucky one of the first 2 will happen - but I wouldn't put my life on it..? If anything I'd be more obsessed about the shows at the Forum in LA, I mean there's what, 3 or 4 of them there?

MSG will be a big show, it'll probably be one of the best efforts from Gn'R on this tour, but don't set yourself up for a big disapointment.? Treat it as if it were just any other show, and if something big happens then go nuts.? If your attending this show, have a fucking blast - but if you go home after seeing the same setlist as the past few shows don't hang your head.

And stop making MSG topics, we don't need half the topics on the front board about MSG (I know this is another MSG topic, but I think this needed to be said). peace

Actually they did do some big things at the Hammerstein shows.  It was Izzy's first appearance!  And also Kid Rock played with them!  I'd say those are two pretty cool things.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2006, 01:44:05 AM »

^ ah your right, I guess that is pretty cool. Smiley

But I still didn't think anything special was going to happen at MSG.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2006, 07:32:45 PM »

^ ah your right, I guess that is pretty cool. Smiley

But I still didn't think anything special was going to happen at MSG.

While it wasn't special to the people sitting @ home in the updates thread, it was pretty special to all of us there. To have GNR in the Garden, with a great crowd, with Ron's first show there w/ gnr and his awesome solo - it certainly classified as special to me.

Just because they didn't play a new song, or announce the record, it doesn't make it any less special. This is MADISON SQUARE GARDEN. Until you experience a show there, until you look around and realize EVERYONE has played there, and when you see even the performers are more into it because of the venue, you can't understand how truly special madison square garden is.

Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2006, 09:05:49 PM »

^ The point of the thread was I didn't want to see anyone disapointed.  I knew Gn'R was going to put on a great show, you'd have to be stupid not to expect it.. but everyone who thought that something unusual was going to happen was fooling themselves, and in the end came out of it disapointed.

I know there were fans there who expected something truly special to happen (release date, debut of a new song..) and since nothing happened came out of the show disapointed, when it was most likely an unbelievable night.

I saw the band in Jersey on 11/05, so I know how great they are live - and if you didn't have fun at MSG because you expected something that wasn't going to happen, you are a fool.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: