Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:41:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Marilyn Manson
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marilyn Manson  (Read 162866 times)
spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2005, 12:54:11 AM »

i have to agree. i think portrait of an american family was him just trying to find his voice, it's not as melodic or complex as a lot of his later work. i like all his albums except like.. portrait, smells like children (minus a few songs) and golden age of grotesque, which isn't even a bad album, it's just... sub par compared to something like mechanical animals, holywood or antichrist.
i would like to reiterate how amazing i think mechanical animals is. and how awesome are the coma songs! (coma black / coma white)

robots.
RichardNixon
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2005, 05:23:46 AM »

"Cake and Sodomy" is a classic though. I had a friend in High School that had a shirt that said "God of Fuck" and he had to turn it inside out. hihi
RichardNixon
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2005, 07:01:52 AM »

Some people on this site once commented that "AntiChrist Superstar" was like "The Downward Spiral part II." I Agree with that comment.

BTW, does anyone else think Manson made up that shit about meeting Axl at a U2 concert and telling him about "look at your game girl." Also why would Axl go up to (then) a perfect stranger and tell him about all his "?Psychological problem.? Seems like Manson wrote that tounge-in-cheek.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2005, 08:52:06 AM »

BTW, does anyone else think Manson made up that shit about meeting Axl at a U2 concert and telling him about "look at your game girl." Also why would Axl go up to (then) a perfect stranger and tell him about all his "?Psychological problem.? Seems like Manson wrote that tounge-in-cheek.

i never heard about that, explain...

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2005, 09:11:57 AM »

Some people on this site once commented that "AntiChrist Superstar" was like "The Downward Spiral part II." I Agree with that comment.

Indeed....seems very strange.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
RichardNixon
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2005, 03:01:03 PM »

It's in Manson's book. Claims to have met Axl at a U2 show in '92. Axl was telling Manson about his "Psychological problems." Manson told him about "Look at your Game Girl."
spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2005, 03:42:40 PM »

well technically not about 'look at your game girl' just that charles manson released an album...
personally, i don't really know if i believe it or not. it says in the book that manson told him about charlie as a musician, and six months later axl put the charles manson song on the spaghetti incident.
i don't know, it's possible, i mean the fact that charles manson was a musician is/was not a very well known fact, most people just assume he killed people n' stuff, which, he didn't actually kill anyone... he got people to kill for him. but anyway, marilyn manson, a big part of his inspiration is charlie, hence the name marilyn manson, and he covered manson songs before axl did, sooo i dunno... however i believe that axl dishing about his psychological problems to some dude he just met who wasn't even all that famous at the time is somewhat unlikely. that part was probably exaggerated. but who knows.

robots.
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2005, 03:36:12 PM »

NEW ALBUM!!
SOON SOON SOON
LOOK:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1512539/20051028/marilyn_manson.jhtml?headlines=true

also good reads:
MTV article on why he is the only true artist today:
http://www.mtv.com/bands/m/manson_marilyn/news_feature_060603/
FUCKING BRILLIANT essay response to columbine:
http://web.archive.org/web/20021218002201/http://www.rollingstone.com/news/printer_friendly.asp?nid=8050&cf=54

i am so excited for this new album, i wonder what will be his influences this time? i mean he usually re-creates himself so i wonder what image and sound it will be....so pysched... the mans got  a really hot wife now Dita Von Teese, holy shit she is blazing

anyway guys check that stuff out and tell me what you think  ok

Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2005, 04:30:00 PM »

thanx a lot. that'll be cool

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Rasputin
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2005, 01:49:23 AM »

eh..

I fuckin HATE Manson...  he sucks ass!

and now maybe i havent seen/read the same interveiws as you, but the few ive seen he sounded like a fuckin idiot!

Please, dont EVER compare Manson with Trent!!
not ment to offend anyone, so please dont jump on me..  but ..  i hate him... 
not even scary..just ..stupid...
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2005, 12:19:23 PM »

eh..

I fuckin HATE Manson...? he sucks ass!

and now maybe i havent seen/read the same interveiws as you, but the few ive seen he sounded like a fuckin idiot!

not ment to offend anyone, so please dont jump on me..? but ..? i hate him...?

listen to Mechanical Animals ? it will change your mind, it definitely changed mine. i used to despise him but if u actually listen to the music u will understand how great he is....

also very smart too, this is from Bowling For Columbine-

Michael Moore: If you were to talk directly to the kids at Columbine what would you say to them if they were here right now?
Marilyn Manson: I wouldn't say a single word to them, I would listen to what they have to say and that's what no one did.

now u have to admit that is a smart answer...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 12:21:45 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2005, 12:45:10 PM »

eh..

I fuckin HATE Manson...? he sucks ass!

not ment to offend anyone, so please dont jump on me..? but ..? i hate him...?

listen to Mechanical Animals ? it will change your mind, it definitely changed mine. i used to despise him but if u actually listen to the music u will understand how great he is....

also very smart too, this is from Bowling For Columbine-

Michael Moore: If you were to talk directly to the kids at Columbine what would you say to them if they were here right now?
Marilyn Manson: I wouldn't say a single word to them, I would listen to what they have to say and that's what no one did.

now u have to admit that is a smart answer...

Manson for president!

Manson said about 3 months ago he was finished with music as he hated working for the evil record label - guess that state of mind lasted untill his next fix!

I think Manson needs to really work on this new album, he's been slipping into irrelevance for some time now, he needs something bold and shocking.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2005, 01:57:03 PM »

he needs to w8 until he knows he loves his own recvords not release for the hell of it

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2005, 02:21:32 PM »

he needs to w8 until he knows he loves his own recvords not release for the hell of it

true, but it has been two years and he has alot of material hes been working on all along so we'll see, im predicting an early '06 release

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2005, 06:25:48 AM »

It's in Manson's book. Claims to have met Axl at a U2 show in '92. Axl was telling Manson about his "Psychological problems." Manson told him about "Look at your Game Girl."

Yeah - but Manson was a nobody in '92 - how would he even have got close to Axl and why would Axl have talked to him?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2005, 07:24:50 AM »

Yeah - but Manson was a nobody in '92 - how would he even have got close to Axl and why would Axl have talked to him?

Manson was there with Trent...

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2005, 01:08:40 PM »

Manson was there with Trent...

and the plot thickens LOL..... i dunno i guess its believable........

Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2005, 01:27:37 PM »

I dont mind manson my fav song has gotta be this is the new shit

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2005, 02:31:39 PM »

that song is hilarious he basically pokes fun at mainstream music and how superficial it is. The song basically lays out the formula for a pop hit today, listing all the worn out topics, brilliant.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 03:00:56 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2005, 05:52:53 PM »

that song is hilarious he basically pokes fun at mainstream music and how superficial it is. The song basically lays out the formula for a pop hit today, listing all the worn out topics, brilliant.

thats the beauty of manson

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: