Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:12:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Marilyn Manson
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marilyn Manson  (Read 162849 times)
Rasputin
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2005, 01:21:07 AM »

listen to Mechanical Animals ? it will change your mind, it definitely changed mine. i used to despise him but if u actually listen to the music u will understand how great he is....

also very smart too, this is from Bowling For Columbine-

Michael Moore: If you were to talk directly to the kids at Columbine what would you say to them if they were here right now?
Marilyn Manson: I wouldn't say a single word to them, I would listen to what they have to say and that's what no one did.

now u have to admit that is a smart answer...
hm....actually it puts a bad taste in my mouth...(wait..? no it doesnt cause im typin it not sayin it....*sigh of releif*)
but that was a good answer..? but by no means do i respect him..
he's just far to hateful....? ?i think someone that hateful deserves no respect an i never could respect him.....

but..maybe ill give some of those songs a try...
Manson for president!

WHOA!! WHOA!!!? dont go there!!!!!? ? Shocked

well...  as long as its in America..  it really doesnt effect me....   Tongue

peace

« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 01:48:15 AM by Rasputin » Logged
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2005, 01:49:46 AM »

listen to Mechanical Animals ? it will change your mind, it definitely changed mine. i used to despise him but if u actually listen to the music u will understand how great he is....

also very smart too, this is from Bowling For Columbine-

Michael Moore: If you were to talk directly to the kids at Columbine what would you say to them if they were here right now?
Marilyn Manson: I wouldn't say a single word to them, I would listen to what they have to say and that's what no one did.

now u have to admit that is a smart answer...
hm....actually it puts a bad taste in my mouth...(wait..? no it doesnt cause im typin it not sayin it....*sigh of releif*)
but that was a good answer..? but by no means do i respect him..
he's just far to hateful....? ?i think someone that hateful deserves no respect an i never could respect him.....

but..maybe ill give some of those songs a try...
Manson for president!

WHOA!! WHOA!!!? dont go there!!!!!? ? Shocked

well i respect ur opinion man im just saying that if u actuallyl listened to his music or read his columbine essay u'd be surprised how wrong the general media is about him... hes a very intelligant man...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 01:56:04 AM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2005, 08:40:40 AM »

i used to be ignorant till i hurd his songs. he's very honest and has had a terrible life. It's the media that are fucked in the head not Manson. i honestly feel he's sane person.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Rasputin
« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2005, 08:41:24 PM »

i respect you peoples opinions...
im not ignorant and i DONT buy into anything the media says..
that is just the way i feel, i dont think he's insane at all....  i think he wants people to think hes insane
and i will check out the columbine essay, but  i just really dont like his music or so far him...

i will also check into MA a little and see if anything changes

an im sorry if i offened anyone..thats just the way i feel

peace
 smoking
Rasputin
« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2005, 10:00:45 PM »

ok, i just read the Columbine essay, and yeah, i gotta agree, that was good...

however, now ill say i dunno if its been twisted by the media or what but some hings ive HEARD he said and did..i still just cant respect him.... 

and thats just fuckin confusin cause i heard him on multiple occasions glorifying Hitler who murdered thousands!

but..yeah, apart from where he makes religion sound like ignorance, that was a good writing..

peace
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2005, 10:04:11 PM »

he was probably grorifying hitler due tothe fact he helped the nation by taking germany out of debt... He was a murderer and all but he was great even though he was evil . He was a great evil person haha

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2005, 11:53:00 PM »

when has he ever glorified hitler? Thats news to me, i doubt he did, if he did the media would have made a bigger deal about it haha.

but anyway i think he is an excellant songwriter and has three concept albums on his resume, one of them Mechanical Animals is quickly becoming one of my favorite albums ever, i heard it during the summer and liked it but it is just starting to click how deep that album is and i fucking love it. he also has great stage presence.

Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2005, 07:27:32 AM »

he's also an individual, not many people are

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2005, 09:03:33 PM »

u can say that again.......

Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2005, 04:11:37 PM »

he's also an individual, not many people are

GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2005, 06:48:34 PM »

LOL yea, i thought u would repeat it haha.

anyway wats ur favorite song?

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2005, 06:58:24 PM »

MECHANICAL ANIMALS RULES!

Amazing album and image.
Anything else i like on greatest hits.

html sucks
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2005, 10:20:57 PM »

Amazing album and image.

yep, fantastic. the sound is just so cool and its such a departure from anything he ever done, a real "fuck you" to all the people who accused him of just being a scary industrial goth shock rocker lol.

it really sucks that Twiggy Ramirez left he was the fucking man, and a very very integral part of Manson's sound. He left after HolyWood right?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 10:39:16 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2005, 01:22:30 AM »

There's a brand new lenghty inerview with Manson available at Heirophant:
http://www.mansonusa.com/
75% Of it is typical Manson; endless amount of vague babbling  that makes exactly fuck all sense and is there just so his 17 year old goth fans could pretend they are smart&bright unique snowflakes by claiming they actually "get" what he is saying and then analyze it in pretentious and longest fashion in various forums.Cheesy

In a nutshell,
-  Manson is actually going to make a brand new album.
-  Trent is still being evil to him:

Q:Have you considered re-releasing any of your older albums with remastered tracks, b-sides, and other goodies? Antichrist Superstar turns ten years old next year. Is there any possibility of fans getting to hear an improved mix of this milestone album in the future?

R:I?d like to say yes, but there?s a legal matter pending that I can?t say too much about. It?s very hard to believe this, but representatives from Nothing Records have indicated that they are not able to find, or have lost the master recordings to my first three records. It?s not something that you would ever let happen in musical history. I would imagine something like that could only be intentional. If not intentional, it would have to be done only through complete disregard. Now that Nothing Records doesn?t exist, I think there?s only one of two people responsible for that. Out of those two people, there?s only one that really has an opinion of me that is voiced very often.

I?m often painted as the bad guy in a relationship ? in most relationships. I will not deny that I am an asshole at times. I will not deny that I?m probably completely insane, and most people will agree with that. I don?t betray people that I care about. I don?t forsake people that are important to me and I would do anything for someone I love. I don?t know what kind of people do things like that. It?s erasing history. It?s erasing your life?s work. It?s killing a part of you. I don?t know how to react to it. I?d just like to wait and see what happens because it may be just a terrible mistake. I would hope so for those involved.

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #94 on: December 13, 2005, 09:49:01 AM »

LOL yea, i thought u would repeat it haha.

anyway wats ur favorite song?

mOBSCENE or ROCK IS DEAD. rock is dead is the first rock/metal song i heard in my life. i was 10 at the time and since then, i've been hooked to diff kinds of metal n rock. and mOBSCENE, well it kicks ass so much it's fucking OBSCENE!

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2005, 11:26:43 AM »

Amazing album and image.

yep, fantastic. the sound is just so cool and its such a departure from anything he ever done, a real "fuck you" to all the people who accused him of just being a scary industrial goth shock rocker lol.

it really sucks that Twiggy Ramirez left he was the fucking man, and a very very integral part of Manson's sound. He left after HolyWood right?

Yes i beleive he did. He was replaced with the dude from shotgun messiah. John 5 also left, dunno who replaced him but hes gone now aswell.

html sucks
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #96 on: December 13, 2005, 12:50:46 PM »

i used to be ignorant till i hurd his songs. he's very honest and has had a terrible life.

Eh?

He had a normal upbringing.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #97 on: December 13, 2005, 01:21:06 PM »

i used to be ignorant till i hurd his songs. he's very honest and has had a terrible life.

Eh?

He had a normal upbringing.

Yeah he did have a normal life. He had parents which let him do anything lol.

html sucks
Rasputin
« Reply #98 on: December 13, 2005, 10:32:13 PM »

ehhhh...
i understand why he does what he does, however, i still dont like alot of his views...
(aside from killing puppies, being minister at church of satan, WHY KILL THAT PUPPY!!  he did nothin to him!!  Cry )

and if i can, ill look for what i read about whatever he said about Hitler, maybe i misinterpreted it, but ill look...

peace
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #99 on: December 14, 2005, 04:08:51 PM »

from what i've read, he hasn't had a typical life (i dont believe the word normal unless its the line a ray of light refracts towards/away from) but he got raped at 4.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: