Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:40:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2013 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2013 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion  (Read 179664 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2013, 07:15:53 PM »

That's gonna hurt until we get him back in early May.
Jon Heyman keeps pushing the issue of the Yanks going after Alfonso Soriano for some OF help.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2013, 10:52:43 AM »

Jon Heyman keeps pushing the issue of the Yanks going after Alfonso Soriano for some OF help.

Not worth the 34 million the Yanks would be on the hook for over 2013 and 2014..especially considering their goal of being under 189 mill next year.

Unless, of course, the cubs want to eat 30 of that 34 million AND take some low A ball prospects, too. I can't see that happening.

It's 6 weeks of the regular season.   Get an aging vet, maybe someone who hasn't caught on a team, offer them a million or so, and let them service LF for 25 to 30 games.  It won't be pretty...but it'll be cheap and easy to cut loose come mid may.

Heck, Johnny Damon wants to play for league minimum and is perfectly OK with going home after they're done with him. 

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2013, 04:26:36 PM »

They apparently want to find the answer in house and not sign anyone. Not sure if that's gonna work.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2013, 01:26:33 PM »

They apparently want to find the answer in house and not sign anyone. Not sure if that's gonna work.

Yeah...I'm not sure Juan Rivera or Matt Diaz is the answer out there...

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2013, 04:52:23 PM »

And they've ruled out Damon.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2013, 04:20:14 PM »

Yeah...I'm not sure Juan Rivera or Matt Diaz is the answer out there...

where's Bubba Crosby??
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2013, 05:27:59 PM »

The Yankees have broken from normal protocol and have apparently offered Robinson Cano a significant offer to try and keep him from free agency.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2013, 03:56:56 PM »

The Yankees have broken from normal protocol and have apparently offered Robinson Cano a significant offer to try and keep him from free agency.

Any ideas on the numbers Tim?

If they're gonna get something done, better get it done now.

If he gets to free agency he's gone, there's no way the Yankees will indulge the goofiness the Dodgers/Angels are likely to unleash if it gets that far.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2013, 09:39:41 PM »

If he gets to free agency he's gone, there's no way the Yankees will indulge the goofiness the Dodgers/Angels are likely to unleash if it gets that far.

No i haven't heard any specifics. It seems unlikely something gets done before the start of the season though unless the yankees just wow Scott Boras. I think its gonna be very difficult to keep him out of free agency knowing how Boras likes to do that to drive up the price. I wouldn't expect Cano to be any different unless he's really serious that its not about the money and tells Boras to fuck off like A-Rod did.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2013, 05:40:56 PM »

No i haven't heard any specifics. It seems unlikely something gets done before the start of the season though unless the yankees just wow Scott Boras. I think its gonna be very difficult to keep him out of free agency knowing how Boras likes to do that to drive up the price. I wouldn't expect Cano to be any different unless he's really serious that its not about the money and tells Boras to fuck off like A-Rod did.

As Lance Berkman and Zack Greinke have said of late, it's "always about the money" - I don't expect it to be any different in Cano's case.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2013, 08:47:54 AM »

He's not going to tell Boras to fuck off.  This is Cano's money contract, and he's going to look for something close to what A-Rod got....10 years, 23+ million per AAV, full no trade, etc, etc.  And the thing is, he'll get somewhere close to that on the open market so the Yanks have 2 choices: Pay up or watch him walk.

Whereas before, the Yanks were often bidding against themselves....they won't be for Cano.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2013, 04:44:43 PM »

He's not going to tell Boras to fuck off.  This is Cano's money contract, and he's going to look for something close to what A-Rod got....10 years, 23+ million per AAV, full no trade, etc, etc.  And the thing is, he'll get somewhere close to that on the open market so the Yanks have 2 choices: Pay up or watch him walk.

Whereas before, the Yanks were often bidding against themselves....they won't be for Cano.

I say pay up. This is one guy you don't want to lose.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2013, 04:49:08 PM »

Apparently Brian Cashman has broken his ankle skydiving with the Golden Knights of the US Army to raise awareness for the Wounded Warrior Project. That hurts but at least he did it while doing something for a good cause
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2013, 12:53:36 AM »

I say pay up. This is one guy you don't want to lose.

If he's looking for anything in the neighborhood of what pilf mentioned the Yanks will let him walk and will tell him not to let the door hit him on the way out.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2013, 08:12:58 AM »

Has anyone been watching or even cared about the WBC? I thought I might watch but it's airing times are during my sleep hours.

It sure has been nice getting home from work in the afternoons though and watching some spring training games on MLB Network.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2013, 04:17:39 PM »

I personally haven't bothered to watch any of the WBC at all.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2013, 04:25:26 PM »

I think it's because when the games are on t.v. is a big reason of my noninterest. Plus, with spring training games going right now, I seem just to rather watch those games when I can.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2013, 05:41:46 PM »

Has anyone been watching or even cared about the WBC? I thought I might watch but it's airing times are during my sleep hours.

It sure has been nice getting home from work in the afternoons though and watching some spring training games on MLB Network.
I watched a little of the Dominican Republic vs. the Yankees today.  Figured I had to check out the DR after their offensive display from yesterday.  That team is stacked.  It's almost unfair playing against these MLB teams who are trotting out young guys or career minor leaguers by the 4th inning.  Yanks were no hit today through like 7 innings, FWIW.  And Texeira is out of the WBC now, injuries beginning to mount for the Yankees.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2013, 06:30:12 PM »

Yeah Tex is out 8-10 weeks.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2013, 08:23:51 PM »

Same here, not 1 out.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: