Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 03:29:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The Official NHL 2007/2008 Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official NHL 2007/2008 Thread  (Read 89795 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« on: July 01, 2007, 07:49:02 PM »

Well I thought id start a new one since all these moves are done in preperation for next year...I was gonna wait until the schedule was announced but ah well....some huge singings to start you off with

Bruins sign Shawn Thornton

The Boston Bruins signed free agent right wing Shawn Thornton to a multi-year contract on Sunday.

Dvorak back in Florida with two-year deal

The Florida Panthers agreed to terms on a two- year contract with right wing Radek Dvorak on Sunday.Dvorak, 30, spent last season with the St. Louis Blues and appeared in all 82 games, totaling 10 goals and 27 assists.

Perrin inks two-year deal with Thrashers

Forward Eric Perrin is shifting teams in the Southeast Division.The 31-year old forward has inked a two-year, $1.5 million contract with the Atlanta Thrashers.

Leafs ink Jason Blake to five-year deal

Looking to add some speed and grit, the Toronto Maple Leafs have signed winger Jason Blake to a 5-year deal worth $20 million.The Minnesota native appeared in all 82 games last season with the New York Islanders, setting career highs in goals (40) and points (69).

Oilers deal Smith, Lupul to Flyers

The Edmonton Oilers made a major splash on day one of the NHL's free-agent signing period - but they did it with a blockbuster trade.The Oilers acquired defenceman Joni Pitkanen and forward Geoff Sanderson from the Philadelphia Flyers on Sunday for blue-liner Jason Smith and forward Joffrey Lupul.

Rangers ink Gomez and Drury

The New York Rangers have made a major impact in the free agent market, signing forwards Scott Gomez and Chris Drury.Gomez signed a seven year, $51.5 million contract, while Drury inked a five-year, $35.25 million contract.

Capitals ink Kozlov to two-year deal

The Washington Capitals have added some scoring up front, signing forward Viktor Kozlov to a two-year, $5 million contract.Kozlov played in 81 games with the New York Islanders last season netting 25 goals and adding 26 assists.

Stars sign Zubov to extension

The Dallas Stars have signed defenceman Sergei Zubov to a one-year contract extension worth $5.35 in 2008-09. Zubov's current contract was set to expire at the conclusion of the 2007-08 season.

Hannan inks four-year deal with Avs

Scott Hannan's name has been taken off the list of available free agents, as the veteran blueliner has signed a 4-year, $18 million contract with the Colorado Avalanche.

I've gotta say Philly & Rangers are starting to look like Cup faviourites  so far

« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 09:26:46 PM by Malcolm » Logged

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 07:57:22 PM »

We got Drury too? That must have just happened.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 09:04:19 PM »

Good ol' sabres  no
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 11:11:04 PM »

Smyth inks five-year deal with Avs

The Colorado Avalanche have signed Ryan Smyth to a five-year deal worth $31.25 million.
ontract breaks down as follows:

Year 1: $8 million ($4 million salary/$4 million signing bonus)

Year 2: $7.25 million

Year 3: $6.5 million

Year 4: $5.25 million

Year 5: $4.0 million

Contract has a no-movement clause.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 11:15:56 PM by Malcolm » Logged

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 11:22:38 PM »

The Colorado Avalanche have signed Ryan Smyth to a five-year deal worth $31.25 million.

Is that what they call the no trade clause in the nhl?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 11:37:14 PM »

Is that what they call the no trade clause in the nhl?

I dont understand your comment? is it serious or a joke?

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 01:09:50 AM »

^ He's serious
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 06:00:59 AM »

Yep i am serious. I just figured thats what it meant. Baseball has no trade clauses. So i just figured thats what no movement means for the NHL.
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 09:51:29 AM »

Pens picked up Petr Sykora and Darryl Sydor.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007, 10:26:18 AM »

Yep i am serious. I just figured thats what it meant. Baseball has no trade clauses. So i just figured thats what no movement means for the NHL.

K sry...ya No Momement and No Trade Clauses are the same thing yep

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 10:32:04 AM »

Kariya inks three-year deal with Blues

The St. Louis Blues signed left winger Paul Kariya to a three-year, $18 million deal on Sunday.The Vancouver native appeared in 82 games for the Nashville Predators this past season, recording 24 goals and 76 points.

Penguins sign Sykora and Sydor

The Pittsburgh Penguins have signed winger Petr Sykora and defenceman Darryl Sydor to two-year deals.Sydor will earn $2.5 million per season.  Sykora's financial details have not been released.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007, 10:39:23 AM »

paul holmgren has done a phenominal job since taking over as GM of the flyers. incredible trades, and he signed the top FA on the market. after the worst season in franchise history, i think he has transformed them into a playoff team.

and how did the rangers pull those two deals off? that's impressive. you gotta be psyched if you're a fan.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2007, 02:55:16 PM »

Blue Jackets sign defenceman Brookbank

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - The Columbus Blue Jackets agreed to a one-year contract Monday with defenceman Sheldon Brookbank.

Krajicek signs deal with Canucks

The Vancouver Canucks have signed defenceman Lukas Krajicek to a two-year deal.CKNW first reported the $2.2 million-deal for Krajicek, who appeared in 78 games for the Canucks last season, scoring three goals and 16 points.

Report: Preissing heading to Kings

Tom Preissing is headed to the Los Angeles Kings, reports the Ottawa Sun.The contract is said to be for four-years and worth $11 million reported the newspaper on Monday.The deal has yet to be finalized.

Blackhawks sign Robert Lang

The Chicago Blackhawks have signed centre Robert Lang to a two-year deal.  Financial terms were not disclosed.
The 36-year-old appeared in 81 games for the Detroit Red Wings in 2006-07, collecting 19 goals, 52 points and 66 penalty minutes in his second full season in Motown.

Canadiens sign Roman Hamrlik

Forget cold weather and high taxes: Roman Hamrlik loves playing hockey in Canada.The Czech defenceman signed a US$22-million, four-year contract as an unrestricted free agent on Monday with the Montreal Canadiens - his third team in the Great White North after stints in Edmonton and, most recently, Calgary.

Capitals sign Michael Nylander

The Washington Capitals today signed veteran centre Michael Nylander to a four-year deal worth $19.5 million.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 09:25:21 PM by Malcolm » Logged

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2007, 07:13:46 PM »

Well i figured the rangers were letting Nylander go. I guess its certain now.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2007, 07:43:37 PM »

I thought he went to edmonton? (nylander that is) well ok, back to the capitals i guess
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2007, 07:57:00 PM »

Predators sign Bonk and de Vries

The Nashville Predators signed forward Radek Bonk and defenceman Greg de Vries on Sunday to two-year deals.  Financial terms were not disclosed.

Kings pick up Nagy, Handzus and Calder

The Los Angeles Kings signed four free agents Monday including centre Michal Handzus and defenceman Tom Preissing, who agreed to four-year contracts.

The 30-year-old Handzus, who has played eight NHL seasons, will earn US$16 million over four years. The 28-year-old Preissing, a three-year NHL veteran, will be paid $2.75 million per season.The Kings also signed 28-year-old left wing Kyle Calder to a $5.5-million, two-year contract, and 28-year-old left wing Ladislav Nagy to a one-year deal worth $3.75 million.

''I think today we're a better hockey team,'' Kings general manager Dean Lombardi said on a conference call. ''We got some good hockey players. I might look at one other thing. We certainly have the flexibility of going forward after this year.''The Kings came up empty Sunday on the first day of the free-agent signing period, but Lombardi said Monday made up for it.

Canadiens pick up Bryan Smolinski

Sources tell TSN that the Montreal Canadiens have signed veteran centre Bryan Smolinski to one-year deal worth $2 million.  The agreement also includes a no-trade clause.

Ducks sign Bertuzzi to two-year pact

Todd Bertuzzi is re-uniting with Anaheim Ducks general manager Brian Burke, signing a two-year, $8-million deal with the Ducks

Flames Sign Nolan To 2 Year Deal

The Calgary Flames have signed veteran forward Owen Nolan. Sources tell TSN the 35-year-old has agreed to a one-year contract that could pay him up to $2 million including bonuses.

Flames, Regehr agree on 5-year deal

It looks like the Calgary Flames are about to lock up a key component of their defence corps.  The Flames have agreed to terms with defenceman Robyn Regehr on a five-year contract extension, worth $20-million.

Coyotes buy out centre Scatchard

GLENDALE, ARIZONA - The Phoenix Coyotes have bought out the remaining two years on the contract of centre Dave Scatchard.Scatchard registered 31 points and 156 penalty minutes in 93 games over two seasons with the Coyotes.  He missed the final 32 games of the 2006-07 season with a concussion. 

Thrashers beef up blue line with Klee

The Atlanta Thrashers agreed to terms with defenceman Ken Klee on a multi-year deal.  Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 09:33:14 PM by Malcolm » Logged

RebelRose89
Rocker

It's Showtime!

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 06:00:21 AM »

Good ol' sabres? no

stop, the pain is just too much!

They had better stop the bleeding and beef up the blue line with Souray... not to mention resign Zubrus.
But knowing Darcy - something close to nothing will happen  no

Go Sabres - Go Bills - Go White Sox
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2007, 06:08:04 AM »

Good ol' sabres  no

stop, the pain is just too much!

They had better stop the bleeding and beef up the blue line with Souray... not to mention resign Zubrus.
But knowing Darcy - something close to nothing will happen  no

I'm still pretty shocked they let Drury and Briere walk.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2007, 01:45:03 PM »

Preds sign Mason to two-year extension

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (CP) - The Nashville Predators have signed goaltender Chris Mason to a US$6-million, two-year contract extension.Mason would have been an unrestricted free agent after next season. He will earn $3 million a year in the new deal after making $1.25 million next season.

Canucks ink Isbister, Ritchie, Schneider

The Vancouver Canucks announced a trio of moves on Tuesday.The club signed free agent forwards Byron Ritchie and Brad Isbister, details of the contracts were not released. The Canucks also signed goaltender Cory Schneider on Tuesday, terms were not released.

Zubrus inks 6-year deal with Devils

The New Jersey Devils have signed centre Dainius Zubrus to a 6-year contract.Acquired at the trade deadline in February in a deal with Washington, Zubrus had four goals and four assists in 19 regular season games with Buffalo. He added eight assists in 15 playoff games, helping lead the Sabres to the Eastern Conference Final.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 03:37:22 PM by Malcolm » Logged

RebelRose89
Rocker

It's Showtime!

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2007, 04:00:20 PM »

well there goes another Sabre...fuck no (Zubrus to the Devils)

Jiri Novotny signs a 2 yr. Deal with the Blue Jackets
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 04:02:36 PM by RebelRose89 » Logged

Go Sabres - Go Bills - Go White Sox
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: