Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 10:43:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NHL 2011/2012 Season
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NHL 2011/2012 Season  (Read 100744 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 11:40:17 AM »

Headin to the Leafs n Jets game tonight in Toronto...Go Leafs go ok

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 04:59:02 PM »

People are fucking sick!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012
Updated: January 5, 2:01 PM ET
Video: Flyers fans attack Rangers fans
By Katie Strang
ESPNNewYork.com

NEW YORK -- The Philadelphia police department has released surveillance video of a brutal attack following Monday's Winter Classic game in an effort to identify the three suspects involved in the beating of two men wearing New York Rangers jerseys outside a South Philadelphia cheesesteak shack.

The graphic video shows three suspects wearing Philadelphia Flyers jerseys beating and kicking the two victims outside Geno's Steaks in South Philly at 7:15 p.m. ET.

More From ESPNNewYork.com

Rangers. Islanders. Devils. If you want hockey information, ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

One of the victims was an off-duty Woodbridge, N.J., police officer, according to Woodbridge Township spokesman John Hagerty. NBC New York identified him as Neal Auricchio, 30, who the station says also served as a Marine in Iraq.

"He got banged up pretty badly," his father, Neal Auricchio Sr., told NBC New York Wednesday. "Stitches in the one eye, and the other eye is pretty puffed up. He went for a CT scan today, and we're waiting for the results on that."

Hagerty confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com that Auricchio, who is currently on medical leave until cleared to return to work, has been released from the hospital.

"He's in fine condition," Hagerty told ESPNNewYork.com. "He's resting and doing well."

Hagerty said the "investigation by the Philadelphia Police Department is ongoing," and that the Woodbridge Police Department has offered its assistance in the matter.

A Flyers-geared hockey website also has provided some help in identifying at least one of the suspects.

According to the website, Broad Street Hockey, one of the suspects identified himself on the site's Facebook fan page and admitted he took part in the attack, but then backtracked.

A source told ESPNNewYork.com that he later denied his involvement to police but will be interviewed Thursday.

Police are seeking assistance in identifying the three men and are asking anyone with information to call the Philadelphia Police South Detective Division.

According to NBC New York, Auricchio earned a Purple Heart in Iraq and even returned for a second tour after being shot in the leg.

"We root, we play, we win, we lose, and we go on," Woodbridge mayor John McCormac, a friend of the family, said to NBC New York. "And regardless of the result of the game, this should not have happened to a good, decent young man who's truly a war hero."

Katie Strang covers the NHL for ESPNNewYork.com.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_/id/7426297/video-shows-philadelphia-flyers-fans-attacking-new-york-rangers-fans

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2012, 12:57:16 PM »

Wow to bad to hear bout that, theres always a few idiots when u get that many ppl together...in other news...LEafs are on a big 3 game winning streak, was at the game Thursday when they had a big 4-0 win over the Jets and then an even bigger 4-3 win over the Wings

sandman
Legend

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2012, 08:48:52 AM »

good news...

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/20120113_Arrest_in_Genos_Steaks_assault.html?cmpid=124488429

S. Jersey man charged in assault at Geno?s Steaks

A 32-year-old man has been arrested and charged in the beating of two New York Rangers fans outside Geno's Steaks after the Winter Classic hockey game on Jan. 2.

Dennis Veteri, of Glassboro, was released early today after posting 10 percent of $50,000 bail, according to court records. He is charged with 2 counts each of aggravated assault, conspiracy aggravated assault, simple assault and reckless endangerment, the records show. Police are looking for other alleged assailants in the beating, which was caught on video and posted online.

Two Rangers fans who were wearing team jerseys were injured in the attack outside the South Philadelphia landmark eatery. The assault resulted in the hospitalization of Neal Auricchio, an off-duty Woodbridge, N.J., police officer and Iraq war veteran who suffered a concussion and required numerous stitches. An edited, police-version of the video shows a Flyers fan in a Claude Giroux jersey throwing the first punch.

Veteri's Facebook page lists one of his interests as "Broad Street Bullies." Court records show that Veteri has been sentenced to probation for aggravated assault and drugs possession in Philadelphia in the past. He was arrested in 2006 in Vero Beach, Fla., for probation of a felony conviction. Records show he lived there at the time. Veteri was also also has a 2001 arrest out of Fort Lauderdale for battery.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2012, 03:58:59 PM »

Good i hope he gets the max sentence. Absolutely disgusting what he did.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2012, 10:03:04 AM »

Sam Gagner 8 point night!

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2012, 11:02:15 PM »

The Blackhawks should maybe ship someone to The Islanders for Nabokov - the goaltending situation has definitely become cause for concern.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2012, 09:46:53 PM »

Huge shutout win for my Rangers tonight in Boston our closest competitor. Rangers are looking more and more like they are gonna be the team to beat in the east. Lunqvist has become a beast in goal. You gotta consider him one of the elite goaltenders in the league now and i think the clear favorite for the vezina.
Rocket Killer
Rocker

Kill Rock & Roll

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2012, 04:25:46 PM »

Anyone see that Chicago game last Thursday?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hockey/rangers/ny-rangers-four-game-winning-streak-chopped-chicago-blackhawks-4-2-loss-madison-square-garden-article-1.1024230?localLinksEnabled=false

Baltimore, Maryland (11/13/2006)
Silver Spring, Maryland (02/23/2012)
Landover, Maryland (06/23/2016)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2012, 04:30:38 PM »

Yeah, bad game for the rangers. They are much better then that. The defense just wasn't there at the start of the game. It got better in the last two periods but they just got too far behind. Also, had Lundqvist been in goal no way Chicago scores 4 goals. I have no idea why Biron was in net. Rangers have two days off now and a game against the league worst Blue Jackets Sunday night. Should've played Lundy last night and played Biron Sunday.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2012, 07:23:49 AM »

The Blackhawks should maybe ship someone to The Islanders for Nabokov - the goaltending situation has definitely become cause for concern.

take back khabi  hihi

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2012, 06:02:50 PM »

hey timothy, whats your opinion on Nash to the rangers?

don't want the guy myself. far too big contract and too much to give up player wise IMO

^me before attending Rangers-Ducks in Ericsson Globe in October. one of my dreams come true  Grin though it shoulda been a better game and result
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2012, 08:59:46 PM »

CBJs Jeff Carter to LA for Jack Johnson and first round draft pick. Less likely with a Nash trade now?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2012, 11:04:38 PM »

Yeah, i'm not sure i mean on one hand we definitely could use the added offense he'll bring but as you said the player cost will be high. I'd hate to see us give up a few of our top defensive prospects to get him. This is one time i really would like us to stick to developing and keeping home grown talent. Its really starting to payoff. We have a great young defense that we should have for awhile and they are gonna get much better. We've got a coach i think that can take us all the way. We just have to get some more scoring. I just don't want us to sell away the future to get it now.
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2012, 01:05:17 PM »

i'm with you all the way! I don't even want to see Rangers dealing Dylan McIlrath. that guy's gonna be a beast in a blue shirt, not a blue jacket.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2012, 04:10:57 PM »

This is one time we have to give the young guys their chance to develop and shine. Its paying off with guys like Callahan, Girardi, Mcdonogh etc. I would love to see us win this year but this is a time where we have to not have the win NOW mentality. If we can get a scoring forward on the cheap side i'm cool with it. Just don't give away guys that are the future for a winning team now.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 04:12:55 PM by Timothy25 » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2012, 10:09:46 PM »

Crappy game for the Rangers tonight. You can't even in a shootout loose to the piece of garbage of a team that is the Islanders.
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2012, 10:18:55 PM »

Crappy game for the Rangers tonight. You can't even in a shootout loose to the piece of garbage of a team that is the Islanders.
the only times the rangers ever needed erik "mr soft" christensen was in the shoot outs.

though i'd almost rather lose than have him in the line up.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2012, 03:41:08 AM »

Had Lundqvist been in goal i think we win in regulation. Biron lets in so many soft goals its ridiculous. I understand Lundy needs days off but god Biron sucks.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2012, 09:54:47 AM »

I like the Carter trade because I think it lowers the price for Nash, who the Leafs will hopefully get

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: