Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 12:03:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your GN'R highlights?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your GN'R highlights?  (Read 327028 times)
Rosettta7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #400 on: June 06, 2006, 02:06:39 AM »

This is so much fun, thinking about GNR  highlights.  There are so many, it's hard to choose.  I've skated to GNR and I was lucky enough to see two totally awesome shows in NY last month.  But tonight I watched the Sweet Child video and I was watching Axl dance to the guitar solo.  When I watch that video it always makes me want to dance too, the music just takes over.  And so my highlight is tinged with sadness.  We will never see that again, it has all changed now.  But hopefully there will be some new videos and cd's out soon, and we can have new GNR music.  Meanwhile, the way I listen to the old stuff is still powerful, but it has changed, because I have seen the new GNR.  It doesn't lessen my absolute love for the old stuff, yet I still hope to have something new to look at and listen to soon.  I think all of us who have seen GNR recently probably feel the same way:  totally excited because it is so damn good, and yet you know it's not the same.  It's a strange feeling.  Nevertheless, the shows in NY were so good it was almost better than you know what!
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #401 on: June 08, 2006, 08:40:50 AM »

1992 - Watching and hearing for the first time Guns N' Roses - Knockin' On Heaven's Door during the Freddie tribute. I thought that it was so damn good that it was not real.

1999 - I started playing the guitar and the first song that I could play was Knockin' On Heaven's Door.

2006 (at the moment) - Believe it or not but I am listinig in the office the same song on the PC.

Everything else is just obsession from the greatest rock n' roll band. You know, how's it... Tongue 

"...It don't really matter..."
kbt24
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #402 on: June 08, 2006, 01:36:51 PM »

Just being really close to axl in NYC. Best moment of my life (and I'm married - hahahahha)
Love The Man
Opening Act

All I ever wanted was for you to know that I care

« Reply #403 on: June 09, 2006, 02:52:14 PM »

Happiest moment of my life (one I always return to):
Stadium show Cologne 1992, me in the pit, Axl standing in front of the right videoscreen, lookin around, smiling, me hearing and feeling the music and looking up into the fading blue sky, and THE WORLD WAS GUNS?N?ROSES !!!!!!!!!!!!
Pure bliss, utter happiness, one with the Universe !!

Runner-up: day Nobody?s child came out and a mate of mine called me into his office and said-listen to this new track(Civil War). I did, on the headphones, and it just melted me, a confirmation that I had been right, yes, this would follow Appetite, something true and deep and beautiful !

Third place: Watching the world premiere of Paradise City on MTV, just thinking about it takes me right back into my very own pensieve... Smiley

God, memory lane has opened and I could go on and on - watching Live in Tokyo on a very bad video; Free Fallin? MTV VMAs with Tom Petty looking at Axl like he?s wondrin what the guy is on... rofl; Axl in the limo; the downpour show in W?rzburg where Slash asked:Is this a daily occurance?; hearing Don?t Cry for the first time - demo version , ah, it?s been almost two decades of love and life and RockandRoll .....

Future highlight: Day CD comes out...!!! Grin
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 03:29:08 PM by Love The Man » Logged

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
14 Years Estranged
Opening Act

« Reply #404 on: June 09, 2006, 07:03:45 PM »

The 2006 Rock In Rio Lisbon Tour!!! Tongue

ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #405 on: June 13, 2006, 08:02:50 AM »

Although i have listed my highlights before, they all got blown away when i did my heavens door bit in london last week.
Evolution
« Reply #406 on: June 13, 2006, 06:30:28 PM »

Seeing Robin pluck the "do dodo dododo" intro, then Axl screaming "DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE?" at Hammersmith on June 7th  Smiley
T_Rex
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #407 on: June 14, 2006, 12:20:15 AM »

June 13, 1994

Meeting Slash and Izzy outside the Bellevue Hotel, then seeing GNR perform live w/ Skid Row @ The Spectrum in Philly
That was one of the greatest days of my life! smoking

Old at heart but I'm only 28
And I'm much too young
To let love break my heart
Young at heart but it's getting much too late
To find ourselves so far apart
gnr gal
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #408 on: June 15, 2006, 10:01:20 AM »

Cool  JUST SEEN G'N'R FOR VERY FIRST TIME IN DUBLIN JUNE 11.
WAS AMAZING.  WE ALL FOUND OURSELVES SLIGHTLY SWAYING ALONG AS AXL GAVE IT HIS ALL ON STAGE.  NOTHIN TO DO WITH THE  beer
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #409 on: June 16, 2006, 08:30:08 AM »

Cool? JUST SEEN G'N'R FOR VERY FIRST TIME IN DUBLIN JUNE 11.
WAS AMAZING.? WE ALL FOUND OURSELVES SLIGHTLY SWAYING ALONG AS AXL GAVE IT HIS ALL ON STAGE.? NOTHIN TO DO WITH THE? beer
i think you mean dublin june 9th or donnington june 11th  ok

Dublin has now become my GNR HIGHLIGHT.the show was amazin and i was near the front,closer than iv been before.the whole experience of gettin up in the mornin and makin my way to another country to see GNR,beautiful sunny day,plenty of Guinness and meetin up with some members here before the show was truly a great experience.

thanx to GNR for the whole thing  ok   beer

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #410 on: June 16, 2006, 09:33:42 AM »

Recent additions to my list of GN'R highlights:

The last weekend in May 2006 in Lisbon, Portugal.

June 7-11, 2006 London, Dublin, Donington.....

Some amazing times, got to see GN'R multiple times and meet a bunch of people before and after the shows. I met so many that I'm not gonna try to list you all. I'll just forget somebody.  Embarrassed

Thanks to everybody who I met in Lisbon, London, Dublin and Donington.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #411 on: June 16, 2006, 11:26:35 AM »

Recent additions to my list of GN'R highlights:

The last weekend in May 2006 in Lisbon, Portugal.

June 7-11, 2006 London, Dublin, Donington.....

Some amazing times, got to see GN'R multiple times and meet a bunch of people before and after the shows. I met so many that I'm not gonna try to list you all. I'll just forget somebody.  Embarrassed

Thanks to everybody who I met in Lisbon, London, Dublin and Donington.  ok

/jarmo

Guess I have to add mine as well...

The gigs in Madrid and Lisbon would be highlights...

Also meeting the band at the Lisbon airport.

Meeting all these cool people in Madrid and Lisbon, board members and non board members.

And ofcourse the Hard Rock Cafe pre-show party... Knock-knock-knockin on heaveeeeeeeeen's doooooor...  hihi

Well, London, here I come... again...

Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #412 on: June 16, 2006, 11:40:48 AM »

Just realized I didnt update this either.

Well the first show in NY when the lights drop and Robin starts the extended intro to WTTJ. Absolute chills all over. Also hearing the opening riff of "Better" that first night. At the time nobody knew what would be played and that was the only new song I really wanted to hear. I turned into a little kid again at that moment jumping around and cheering like an idiot.

Also have to mention getting right in front of Axl about 2 rows deep the second night than getting gradually shoved to my right over the night just to be barely within reach of Robin when he dove into the crowd.

Than of course the final night when Izzy came out. When I got to see the band in the 90's he was already gone, so that was my first Izzy experience.

I also have to give credit to all the GnR fans who showed up over the 4 nights. I was only meeting up with someone on one night, yet everynight after waiting to get into the venue I had a bunch of new friends. ok

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
mr self destruct
Headliner

That's not stardust on my feet

« Reply #413 on: July 14, 2006, 05:30:37 AM »

My Gn'R highlight happened when I went to see them on 6th of July when they played in Helsinki.

It was the second night in a row for me to see Guns n' Roses, as they had played there on 5th day also and I had had a seat ticket for that night. But for the 6th show I had a floor ticket. I went to Hartwall Areena quite early, around 6:30pm, and soon they opened the doors. I bought ear plugs and did my business in the bathroom quickly, then went to the line that had formed to the entrance of the floor. Around 7pm they let us in and I managed to get pretty good place in second row from the right side of the stage.

I waited patiently. Melrose didn't impress me. And then waited some more. At last sometime around 11pm they turned the lights off and the intro started. The show was amazing. My feeling for the gig was way better than my feeling the night before. I think that was because I was so close to the band and I was surrounded by people who enjoyed the gig just as much as I did or at least it felt like that.

The show went on and finally it came time for encore. I truly hoped that they would play more than just one song. I have to say I was a bit disappointed the night before when the encore was just Paradise city because I was so hoping that they would play Chinese Democracy, IRS or something else. But the 6th day show was better in many way. They had already played IRS and encore was more than one song, to be exact it was Madagascar, Robin's 2nd solo and Paradise city.

At this point I have to say I love all the new songs I have heard, but from them, Madagascar the least. When the song started I was happy but not going crazy or anything. I had noticed during the gig that Axl seldom made eye contact with the front rows.  This time with Madagascar it was different. Singing the song he came to right side of the stage, he was standing right in front of me and he looked into the crowd. I was holding my both my hands up and singing along with the song, I think I was the only one who even knew the lyrics from people near me. Soon Axl noticed me and looked me straight into the eye as he and I both sang:

"...mired in denial, and so afraid"

That was one magical moment for me. It's hard to describe what I felt, it was like one of those very rare 'me and my idol'-moments I suppose, when you have looked up to a person for so long and then you share something on a personal level in a way. I just can say it was GREAT. And it was not like he was just looking at me and singing, he also seemed to mean what he was saying. One could really say he was singing about a time when he really was afraid, by the way he turned his head a bit, the way he looked at me and how he closed his eyes for maybe a second or less right after the word 'afraid', before he stormed to the another end of the stage singing "If we ever find it true..."

It was a great experience and it also gave a special meaning to a song I had not felt so strong 'till that moment. If that wouldn't have happened I would've gone home that night and I would've been satisfied to the gigs and all, but I'm glad it did happen because it gave those two days a nice ending, and feeling of something special and extraordinary.

Thanks Axl, Robin and the rest of the band! You rocked in Helsinki, I hope I will see You again.  peace

Every time I see them makes me wish I had a gun.
Monco1976
« Reply #414 on: July 16, 2006, 09:01:41 AM »

Definitely the show in '92 in Rotterdam/Netherlands.
My first concert ever.
crash_diet
Rocker

"...too stupid to leave with nothing to loose..."

« Reply #415 on: July 18, 2006, 11:34:56 AM »

My first concert ever.

well, i have that show on CDs and it s really great!!! i think Axl said something like "you are the best audience of the whole tour, you are louder than 130000 brazilians at Rio"!!!
do you remember that??

my highlights :

1)back in 1993 when i met the old band in their hotel in Athens and saw the first concert of GnR in Greece....
2)10th of July when i saw the new band in Greece when they really ROCKED! fantastic show
3)the same day, when during the show, Christos was on videoscreens , headbanging like crazy!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Tongue hihi hihi hihi yeap it s the truth they DID show Christos' face on videoscreens  rofl rofl rofl rofl

This i love -------> Prostitute
...a shot of vitamin C and a bottle of booze...
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #416 on: July 18, 2006, 12:54:23 PM »

My first concert ever.

well, i have that show on CDs and it s really great!!! i think Axl said something like "you are the best audience of the whole tour, you are louder than 130000 brazilians at Rio"!!!
do you remember that??

my highlights :

1)back in 1993 when i met the old band in their hotel in Athens and saw the first concert of GnR in Greece....
2)10th of July when i saw the new band in Greece when they really ROCKED! fantastic show
3)the same day, when during the show, Christos was on videoscreens , headbanging like crazy!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Tongue hihi hihi hihi yeap it s the truth they DID show Christos' face on videoscreens  rofl rofl rofl rofl

Grin

Yeah, lots of people told me about it... They told me that I was shown on the screens MANY times... And when I was headbanging it was during the last part of SCOM, me and SCOM, we have some history on that last part...  hihi

And I also got interviewed by MAD TV for the Greek GN'R Fan Club and they asked me questions about the new record and the band, like I know when the new record will come out  rofl... I told them that Axl mentioned late Fall and that the band is amazing, but they saw it themselves later that night...

And Axl mentioning that he has noticed MY Greece Loves GN'R signs over the years and that it's appreciated... WOW... Like the gig itself wasn't enough to get me crazy...  Grin

10th of July is definitely my biggest highlight as a Gunner, until the next one...  Wink
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 12:56:15 PM by Christos AG » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #417 on: July 18, 2006, 01:58:48 PM »

10th of July is definitely my biggest highlight as a Gunner, until the next one...? Wink

Liar! Meeting me in Lisbon is the highlight of your whole life! Until next week....  yes

This summer has been filled with highlights... Amazing shows.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #418 on: July 18, 2006, 06:26:11 PM »

10th of July is definitely my biggest highlight as a Gunner, until the next one...  Wink

Liar! Meeting me in Lisbon is the highlight of your whole life! Until next week....  yes

This summer has been filled with highlights... Amazing shows.

/jarmo

hihi

I wasn't the one who was SO happy to see you at the gig...  Wink

And let's not remember your offer, which I kindly passed...  rofl

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #419 on: July 20, 2006, 05:39:49 AM »

You two...you know better.  rant

Your GNR highlight will be July 29th. Now shut up before I get jealous  Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: