Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 07:48:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ's Letter
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ's Letter  (Read 137570 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #700 on: August 18, 2015, 02:30:40 PM »

Seeing how they're still likely the main players on the (hopefully) forthcoming album, a Robin & Buckethead return to Guns would be my pie in the sky hope for their "replacements".   Like the saying goes, all's well that ends well.  Would be amazing if they were both available and, of course, willing.

That would be awesome.  Of course, so would my own pet unicorn.

Would any of us really be surprised by this chain of events :

- tour dates announced outside the U.S. sometime next year
- little to no communication who might be on stage (just show up that night and see, there is no one like Guns N' Roses!!)
- the 2 players turn out to be people largely unknown outside real inside baseball music types
- when asked about the album, we are told they are "focusing on the touring" right now
- no album ever comes out

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #701 on: August 18, 2015, 02:33:39 PM »

Seeing how they're still likely the main players on the (hopefully) forthcoming album, a Robin & Buckethead return to Guns would be my pie in the sky hope for their "replacements".   Like the saying goes, all's well that ends well.  Would be amazing if they were both available and, of course, willing.

That would be awesome.  Of course, so would my own pet unicorn.

Would any of us really be surprised by this chain of events :

- tour dates announced outside the U.S. sometime next year
- little to no communication who might be on stage (just show up that night and see, there is no one like Guns N' Roses!!)
- the 2 players turn out to be people largely unknown outside real inside baseball music types
- when asked about the album, we are told they are "focusing on the touring" right now
- no album ever comes out

::SIGH::

Probably......
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #702 on: August 18, 2015, 02:38:32 PM »

I think the only wiggle room on my list is people unwilling to say an album "never" comes out.

OK, fine.  Maybe you are right.  If we are going to operate under the premise that "never" means as long as Axl is alive.  OK, maybe so.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #703 on: August 18, 2015, 02:46:19 PM »

I think the only wiggle room on my list is people unwilling to say an album "never" comes out.

OK, fine.  Maybe you are right.  If we are going to operate under the premise that "never" means as long as Axl is alive.  OK, maybe so.

I dunno.  It's getting to the point where I can't even picture Guns making an album announcement, the way they did for Chinese Democracy.  It's been 7 years now, still with no official news.  That's more than half the time it took to record AND release Chinese Democracy.  I honestly have no idea whether the next album being released is even a reasonable expectation anymore.  I really don't. 

All I know is that it will be an utterly glorious day when we see the tracklisting for the follow up to Chinese.  Just fucking glorious, however unlikely.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #704 on: August 18, 2015, 02:49:18 PM »

Will it make your days better, or change anything for you, if we decide it's never coming out?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #705 on: August 18, 2015, 02:51:50 PM »

Will it make your days better, or change anything for you, if we decide it's never coming out?

/jarmo

Well, obviously not. Hell, I think I've been pretty damn optimistic regarding the next album compared to most GNR fans.  I'm just saying that it's been a long, long time now with still no official word on the matter, and I'm not sure where that leaves us.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #706 on: August 18, 2015, 02:53:26 PM »

Sorry, didn't mean you personally. I was talking in general terms.

Thanks for answering though.

I mean, i wonder if it would make a difference to some if they actually decided to stop "waiting".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #707 on: August 18, 2015, 02:54:53 PM »

Not really, no.

Past few years, I've been operating under that premise.  I guess, in truth, nothing changes.

If there is a silver lining (because you know me, I'm all about the positivity) is that maybe Axl wasn't just blowing smoke with his comments last year.  And it was in that process of "seriously looking at what they are doing in that regard" that it become obvious that something is coming out.  But what is coming out is way old shit that DJ or Ron really had no role in.

In other words, they bounced because they know what's coming, and they don't care about it.  Bad for them, but good for us.  

That's about the most positive spin I can put on the situation.  I don't think its inconceivable, though still a longshot.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #708 on: August 18, 2015, 02:58:13 PM »

Sorry, didn't mean you personally. I was talking in general terms.

Thanks for answering though.

I mean, i wonder if it would make a difference to some if they actually decided to stop "waiting".

/jarmo

I'm not "waiting" persay.  But Axl is still my favorite artist, and I would love to hear some of the long list of unreleased tracks that will likely make up whatever the next album is intended to be.   He eluded early last year that the next album was where their focus would be after Vegas...But we haven't heard anything on that front, a year and a half later.  

I'm hopeful that the upcoming announcement/news both Fernando & Frank have been eluding to is regarding the album, and will likely remain optimistic.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #709 on: August 18, 2015, 03:00:33 PM »

I'm hopeful that the upcoming announcement/news both Fernando & Frank have been eluding to is regarding the album, and will likely remain optimistic.

Or shit, just that it actually happens.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: