Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 02:00:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Original Song: Stars
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Original Song: Stars  (Read 1779 times)
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« on: August 01, 2004, 12:14:30 PM »

I finished the recording of a new song of mine.? I haven't thought of a name for it yet, so I just call it Stars for now.

You have to turn up the volume a little.? ?ok

Stars

As always, huge thanks to D, who's encouragement and help has meant a lot to me.? He's always been extremely open minded towards music, it's a great thing.? Thanks, bro!? Smiley
« Last Edit: August 02, 2004, 01:32:40 AM by loretian » Logged

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 01:51:23 PM »

not bad.  though, if it were my song i would make a few changes to it.  i would cut out the vocals and add a few different (maybe darker) layers to it.  then you would be fairly close to something similar to nine inch nails' instrumental work or tangerine dream.  the thing is you need to have enough layers and varying melodies to keep the interest of the listener, but without bogging down and complicating the track.  that's what i would do, but it's your song and i'm sure lots of other people will have different opinions than mine.  good luck.

If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004, 02:05:55 PM »

not bad.? though, if it were my song i would make a few changes to it.? i would cut out the vocals and add a few different (maybe darker) layers to it.? then you would be fairly close to something similar to nine inch nails' instrumental work or tangerine dream.? the thing is you need to have enough layers and varying melodies to keep the interest of the listener, but without bogging down and complicating the track.? that's what i would do, but it's your song and i'm sure lots of other people will have different opinions than mine.? good luck.

Thanks.  When you're writing music entirely by yourself, without the benefit of other band members, sometimes is hard to get an accurate grasp on how something actually sounds, versus what you're hearing in your head (if that makes any sense)

One of my biggest problems is not only coming up with melodies, but actually singing them, so I don't know how much more I can add to it.  I'll definitely consider it and see what I might be able to do.  I really don't want the song to sound that dark, but I'm considering what I could do..

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: