Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 01:57:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  One Of Guns N’ Roses’ Biggest Hits Is Surging 36 Years After Its Release
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: One Of Guns N’ Roses’ Biggest Hits Is Surging 36 Years After Its Release  (Read 164 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: May 01, 2024, 12:13:05 PM »

Hugh McIntyre

Senior Contributor

May 1, 2024,10:30am EDT

Guns N’ Roses broke into mainstream consciousness in 1987 with their single “Welcome to the Jungle,” which introduced them to the world and made them superstars. 36 years after it was first released, that cut is on the rise on the Billboardcharts, and it’s not the only piece of music from the band that’s still incredibly popular.

“Welcome to the Jungle” is up on two Billboard rankings this week. It’s not common for many decades-old singles to appear on charts in the U.S., and even those that manage to do so rarely climb on more than one tally at a time without any major provocation.

This week, “Welcome to the Jungle” returns to the Hard Rock Digital Song Sales chart. On that ranking of the bestselling tracks in the U.S. that Billboard classifies as hard rock when it comes to genre, the Guns N’ Roses hit reappears at No. 5. It wasn’t present on the list last frame.

“Welcome to the Jungle” came very close to matching its previously-set peak on the Hard Rock Digital Song Sales chart this week. The catchy cut has climbed as high as No. 3, and if things had played out slightly differently this frame, Guns N’ Roses might have returned to that best showing.

On top of selling a healthy sum, “Welcome to the Jungle” is also still streaming well. The tune settles at No. 22 on the Hard Rock Streaming Songs chart this period. That’s up just one slot from last time around.

Guns N’ Roses claims a pair of wins on the Hard Rock Streaming Songs ranking this week. “Sweet Child O’ Mine,” which was an even larger smash on some Billboard charts–like the Hot 100–is performing even better. That cut remains stationary at No. 7 on the streaming-only roster.

The ongoing streaming and sales activity focused around songs like “Welcome to the Jungle” and “Sweet Child O’ Mine” is helping the band maintain a presence on several other Billboard lists. The group’s Greatest Hits project, which features both of those tunes–the first two on its tracklist, actually–is up slightly on both the Billboard 200 and Top Rock & Alternative Albums charts this week, lifting just one space.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2024/05/01/one-of-guns-n-roses-biggest-hits-is-surging-36-years-after-its-release/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
shaundix
Opening Act

« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 05:29:21 AM »

Doesn't provide any explanation though
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 01:47:50 PM »

Maybe some are just now discovering the song...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: