Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 04:54:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Mr Brownstone music sheets
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mr Brownstone music sheets  (Read 1350 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« on: August 12, 2006, 07:41:42 PM »

The plastic covering on this mag says "'Mr Brownstone' transcribed FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!"? I'm surprised they think that but then again this mag also thinks that Mr Brownstone is from UYI II.? Tongue

If you don't have a Les Paul, any guitar with humbuckers will do, and we found the Brit Hi-Gain setting on a Pod Mkll best.? We backed the mid off a little and boosted the treble and bass.? In the absence of a Les Paul, a Gibson 335 was used on the TG CD.

intro - Mute all the strings somewhere around the 6th fret, being carful to avoid natural harmonics coming out.? The run-down and up in bars 4 and 5 is a one-finger affair, so don't be too picky about playing it exactly as written.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 07:47:01 PM »

main riff - The marked slides and hammer-ons on the sixth string are varied thoughout the song.? Feel free to use whichever feels comfortable; alternatively they could be picked if you prefer.

verse - The notes can all be fairly short here to get a choppy, funky feel.? Again, the low hammer-ons can be slides if perferred.

chorus - You should play the last four bars with a loose, funky feel.? Keep your hand in constant motion, or your playing will sound wooden.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 07:49:17 PM »

bridge - There are curious semitone clashes with the bass line in the hammer-ons in this part... but somehow it still sounds OK!

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 07:52:22 PM »

solo (cont) - The double bend at the end of bar 4 should be executed with your third finger, which covers both strings before a slow upward bend.

outro - Other guitars are playing the first part of the riff down an octave, starting on the open sixth string.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: