Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:22:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  NINTENDO REVOLUTION PAD
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: NINTENDO REVOLUTION PAD  (Read 10299 times)
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« on: September 16, 2005, 06:29:19 AM »

drool drool

http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651224p1.html

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 06:46:15 AM »

WATCH THIS VIDEO
and cry

http://bessamk.free.fr/tmp/Nintendo_Revolution_Controller.mov

liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 07:01:06 AM »

i lurve it....not seen the video as yet....but the pictures are class...i love the "tilt" option as well....nintendo might just start a revolution :hihi: the red one looks badass btw.

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 07:06:34 AM »

i lurve it....not seen the video as yet....but the pictures are class...i love the "tilt" option as well....nintendo might just start a revolution :hihi: the red one looks badass btw.

watch the video
it's another world.

i'm DEFINETLY GONNA ASK TO BE ON A REVO PROJECT here at ubi soft

i was aware of the controler, but not in all the details ( my boss was one of the first non-nintendo people) to be shown the controller and ubi soft is going totally with big N

happy today Smiley

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 08:37:32 AM »

i can't believe only one person is interested.... this is BIG news, this like bigger than the pope death. ;?___8?

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 09:40:46 AM »

i can't believe only one person is interested.... this is BIG news, this like bigger than the pope death. ;?___8?

U ain't one of those people that goes on about how many 'bits' a console has, and claims its good because of its ''power''?

It could be 60ft wide, transparant and cost the amount of a NASA rocket and i still wouldn't care

Its the games and their gameplay i care about, not the controller......

Nintendo have released bad games and worse consoles for a decade.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2005, 10:10:57 AM »

Thats great news It will be mine, Oh yes it will be mine  Grin
It's my idea or the guy with the long hair in the video looks like Adrian Smith?  nervous

No man can be my equal
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2005, 10:11:21 AM »

First impression:

It's crap.

Sorry, I know...you're excited Wat, but...well...it's not gonna wash with the masses. In addition, knowing what I know about wireless and motion sensor technology, it's not going to be "perfect". ?Add that too the fact that some of the things they are suggesting using the controller for are not only unweildy, but could lead to reduced "lifespan" of the controller (imagine swining the controller, as suggested, to enact a sword swing...and losing your grip on the controller, sending it, literally, flying across the room). ?And now increase the amount of "personal space" you're going to need to actually play games. ?All that adds up to what I think is a colossal mistake. Nintendo, IMHO, just took a mildly interesting console and turned it into another Virtual Boy. ?I'll need to see much more hands on info, and probably give it a spin myself before I decide, finally, whether to pick up Revolution but...from what I've seen of this...this will be the first Nintendo console I've NOT owned since the original NES.

Given what I've seen, PS3 is going to run away, AGAIN, with this generation's race....now, the question is how big will the gap be.

I'll be picking up my Xbox 360 on Nov 22nd. ?And my PS3 in the spring. Smiley

On another note, you work at Ubisoft?  Which branch?  Any connection to the SOE side of things (foreign management of the EQ subs, etc?).
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 10:13:16 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2005, 11:30:44 AM »

First impression:

It's crap.

Sorry, I know...you're excited Wat, but...well...it's not gonna wash with the masses. In addition, knowing what I know about wireless and motion sensor technology, it's not going to be "perfect". ?Add that too the fact that some of the things they are suggesting using the controller for are not only unweildy, but could lead to reduced "lifespan" of the controller (imagine swining the controller, as suggested, to enact a sword swing...and losing your grip on the controller, sending it, literally, flying across the room). ?And now increase the amount of "personal space" you're going to need to actually play games. ?All that adds up to what I think is a colossal mistake. Nintendo, IMHO, just took a mildly interesting console and turned it into another Virtual Boy. ?I'll need to see much more hands on info, and probably give it a spin myself before I decide, finally, whether to pick up Revolution but...from what I've seen of this...this will be the first Nintendo console I've NOT owned since the original NES.

Given what I've seen, PS3 is going to run away, AGAIN, with this generation's race....now, the question is how big will the gap be.

I'll be picking up my Xbox 360 on Nov 22nd. ?And my PS3 in the spring. Smiley

On another note, you work at Ubisoft?  Which branch?  Any connection to the SOE side of things (foreign management of the EQ subs, etc?).

im a game design expert at ubi soft. i work on all the projects right now (ghost recon 3, king kong , far cry ....)
SOE ? nope sorry Sad

about the controller, your points are valid.

* but you're talking about lack of "space in your room" ... the Ps3 will be 400$, if people have that money, they have space in the room.

* losing grip ? well . yeah. but that's life. and this is something that can be fixed thru quality process ( material, shape ..)

the idea looks cheap and very "gadget" , well if it was done by some random company, i would say, but Nintendo will do something solid.

well, the thing is that we cant really start bashing the idea until we test it. It really depends on how the devs use it.
but i'm sure glad Nintendo did something really new. i knew about the whole thing, but i never saw the final version (with the remote).

i see several positive points
* it's new, different and original > therefore attracting for gamers and NON gamers
* gamers will surely buy 2 systems , and one of them will be the revolution (as it"s cheaper)
* the remote control will be "common" enough for non gamers (adults, old people)
* moving your arms is more natural than pushing on buttons, this is again, great news for non-gamers
* there will gaming system on one side (ps3, x360) and the revolution on the other.

(PS3 might not be out in 06 tho .... )

so i'm overall happy with the turn it took. this could open to huge new way of game designing product.
some people were like " but how are we gonna play soccer games ?? " - well developers will just have to take a different approach.

i'm also happy that my boss Serge Hascoet said that

"We were among the first publishers to see the control design in action," said Serge Hascoet, Chief Creative Officer of Ubisoft. "We're excited about the new controller and are looking forward to taking advantage of its innovative aspects."

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2005, 11:35:43 AM »

Actually, it's not so much a "space in your room" thing (though, that's it, too, considering that MANY systems end up in college dorm rooms and kids bedrooms, where space is limited).? It's more "I need a 6 foot space all around me so I can play adequately without being restricted, or chancing bashing my friend/roomate/wife upside the head in a particularly rabid moment during Zelda" thing.

Smiley

And I agree...til I actually get a chance to take it for a test drive, I won't be sure.  But..from what I've seen..I've got LOTS of misgivings.

And the unit they showed looks cheesy, to boot. I'm sure (or I hope) that will change by actual production.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 11:37:16 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2005, 12:23:15 PM »

Not that impressed .

I thought King Kong was from EA ?

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2005, 12:43:24 PM »

More press on it:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9365885/

Together again,
purplehaze1988
Rocker

nur ihr konnt holland stoppen

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2005, 01:03:47 PM »

U ain't one of those people that goes on about how many 'bits' a console has, and claims its good because of its ''power''?

It could be 60ft wide, transparant and cost the amount of a NASA rocket and i still wouldn't care

finally someone who agrees with me. nintendo fan boys piss me off so much whe they talk about how great nintendo is because of its originality and "moving the industry forward". if you ask me nintendo is running out of ideas, and puts "uniqueness" ahead of quality.

of course, the big contradiction is the dozens of mario party games being released.

i dont hate nintendo, but to be honest this controller is just another touch-screen thing - something "original" but the novelty wears off after five minutes (and the even more shambolic GC-GBA connectivity). to be honest, all i can see this controller doing is inhibiting the console. why would a developer spend thousands/millions trying to comply with this stupid periphal when it can release something "normal" on another console which is actually gonna sell copies.

i will be hugely surprised if nintendo manage to see out the decade before getting into serious problems, especially now theyve lost the handheld market.

I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2005, 01:08:18 PM »

finally someone who agrees with me. nintendo fan boys piss me off so much whe they talk about how great nintendo is because of its originality and "moving the industry forward". if you ask me nintendo is running out of ideas, and puts "uniqueness" ahead of quality.

of course, the big contradiction is the dozens of mario party games being released.

i dont hate nintendo, but to be honest this controller is just another touch-screen thing - something "original" but the novelty wears off after five minutes (and the even more shambolic GC-GBA connectivity). to be honest, all i can see this controller doing is inhibiting the console. why would a developer spend thousands/millions trying to comply with this stupid periphal when it can release something "normal" on another console which is actually gonna sell copies.

i will be hugely surprised if nintendo manage to see out the decade before getting into serious problems, especially now theyve lost the handheld market.

See, I don't think Nintendo will ever be in SERIOUS trouble...because they always have the option of "pulling a Sega" and just becoming a content producer....and, should the Revolution fail to capture a significant portion of the market (significant in that it's at least equal to the current share of the 'cube), I think that's probably what they'll do.  If Sony hands them their lunch this time, I think it will be Nintendo's last dedicated console, in any event.

Let someone else risk the hardware costs and just make games.  And they DO make some good stuff.

Together again,
purplehaze1988
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2005, 01:35:38 PM »

yes they do make some good stuff but nothing any more outstanding than you see on any other console, and they only make mario, mario party and zelda games.

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2005, 02:41:22 PM »

you're kinda off here.
Nintendo is everything but power race.
here are basically the dev. axis of each brand

Microsoft - online gaming / media center
Sony - stupid non sense power race - i mean look at the psp .... -
Nintendo - gameplay and innovation (innovation does not have to mean "New never done things" - it means bringing to mainstream somthing kinda new ...)

nintendo bad games ? bad consoles ? .... im not even gonna respond to that ....

yes they do make some good stuff but nothing any more outstanding than you see on any other console, and they only make mario, mario party and zelda games.

alright.
have you played Kirby Canvas Curse on Nintendo Ds ?
nintendo is about fun. that's it.
fun = emotions = main objective in game design.

uniqueness and originality are what drives game designer to make new games. if sony ruled the world we would play 5 games, with a new edition every year ... oh wait .....

LOST THE HANDLED MARKET ?? are you kidding me ?
the psp is sellling to 30 years old + that dont care about games and just want something trendy and flashy.
i'm sure 90% pf the psp are staying home right now because the system was NOT thought as a portable ssystem (loading time anyone ?)

we have like 10 psps at my office, NO ONE USE them. we got all exited for like 2 weeks and now, no one cares.
DS games are best selling.
why  ? because the people who bought the DS are gamers (game lover or kids) so they buy games
the 30s years old working men that bought the psp dont have time for games.
thats why DS games are all in top 20 in japan
thats why nintendogs is best selling in the us
that is why the psp sells more movies than games on UMD.

but im not gonna argue about how nintendo is bad or good, or how madden 06 is great game design or not ... cause it's useless. im not gonna talk about game design here ...

and big editors ARE going nintendo

you know why ?
because the ps3 will cost 400
the xbox 360 around 400 also with all the accessories

1 - the nintendo will be both CHEAP and very CASUAL (meaning your mom will wanna play stupid silly fun game when she comes hiome from work)
meaning the nintendo games are GONNA sell.
2 - people that will buy the xbox or the ps3, and who love games, are still gonna buy the cheap nintendo just for fun, cause it's special.

but hey.
thats just my opinion

now i just wish, ubi soft sends me on a nintendo project, i'll keep you guys psoted Smiley

purplehaze1988
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2005, 03:31:04 PM »

dont get me wrong, like i said i dont hate nintendo and if i think revolution is better than ps3 and xbox360 then ill get one, its just ... i dunno. i used to be a big-time gamer but since the release of ps2 there have been literally NO games that have appealed to me on any console, except maybe gta vice city, and i was really excited about getting a GC but the lack of good games made me feel gutted, so i didnt buy one and went for ps2 cos i dont have a dvd player and at the time i was looking fwd to FFX and MGS2, both which disappointed me greatly. this is where nintendo lose out yet again. had GC been a dvd player as well then i would probably have purchased one, and with revolution they seem to be making the same mistake, trying to change the industry rather than satisfy people's wants/needs (although to a certain extent i agree with this, but i tihnk "nintendogs" is the wrong way to go about it, even if it did reach number 1 it still doesnt appeal to me and thats all i care about).

and i genuinely dont want nintendo to "do a sega". dreamcast was amazing, but re-releasing all the games for the various next gen consoles kinda destroyed it for me. im sure many nintendo fans would be devastated if mario ever appeared on a playstation.

p.s. how are you supposed to play the old nintendo games you can apparently download onto your revolution with that new controller

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2005, 03:35:36 PM »

you can plug standard controllers to play old games.
but you wont cause the new ones will be so damn entertaining:)

and the revolution will be retro gaming .

purplehaze1988
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2005, 04:02:56 PM »

well if you say so

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2005, 04:18:21 PM »

well if you say so

aahah
no, dont take it like that Wink
there is good in everything (exept in EA , we hate EA Smiley )

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: