Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 01:44:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227932 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  WE FEED THE WORLD (we could feed 12 billion people with no problem)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: WE FEED THE WORLD (we could feed 12 billion people with no problem)  (Read 11201 times)
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2007, 09:57:56 PM »

rescueing all human beings isn't part of the right balance.

You're right. We should only rescue white people and the non-white people they share the western world with. Fuck those other people, they're screwing up our balance with nature. 
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2007, 02:32:24 AM »

nightfall ....... we're not roleplaying here. you're not a level 50 dark elf demonist from tol-in-gaurhoth.

wake up Smiley
damn, you really got to much time on your hands...time to find a girlfriend?

rescueing all human beings isn't part of the right balance.

You're right. We should only rescue white people and the non-white people they share the western world with. Fuck those other people, they're screwing up our balance with nature. 
No i mean it on both sides. But by giving some direct examples (medical care) i will prob get a whole sh*tload of ppl over me who can't understand/see my point of view...so i just try to stick with the subject.

1 men can only do so much, and if everyone did that little bit, things could change a bit...but never enough to rescue ALL, and like i said we shouldn't, this world isn't build for that many ppl.

You can buy fairtrade foods and other products, that's one step. You can ban Nestle (atleast the chocolat part) out of your life...that would save hundreds/thousands of children of enslaved work, which could also leed to their premature death.

Be more aware of what products you buy, if that means you can't buy "everything" you want coz the prices are higher..so what...you prob won't even miss it in the end.

Also stating that we could feed 12 billion ppl with no problem isn't true, alot of our overproduced products aren't suitable for other groups of humans, in all parts of the world ppl have different (adjusted) digestion...adjusted to the foods they can provide themselves with (this is not something "new" this has started since the beginning of the human race), so if you feed them with overproduced products from western countries they may develop illnesses...or even yet..they just won't eat it coz they don't know it.

to make it short..choose what you want to buy (fair trade/local products)...choose your government/president etc not only for your own gain, but also for their foreign affairs and last but not least live with the fact that we CAN'T save them all.

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2007, 02:41:15 AM »

nightfall ....... we're not roleplaying here. you're not a level 50 dark elf demonist from tol-in-gaurhoth.

wake up Smiley

Excellent...this is where WAT-EVER chimes in about how he dates models.  Wait for it...  hihi

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2007, 03:24:15 AM »

...easy to say when you're on the web Wink

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2007, 03:36:42 AM »

i'm sorry but, wrong.
It's not about giving free stuff. It's about balancing an unfair situations.
See it's like a math problem, if one side of the equation is at -X (minus x), adding N here, it pretty much blocing the perpetual -X that comes from the unfair so called free trade system.

How the hell can you look at the situation and cynically see that as "giving free stuff"? this is very cynical.
On a daily basis, secured by our locked up world wide economical policies, we smother them. We are maintaining the inequality. So this is not "handing out free stuff".

We are drowning their agriculture by over producing. In result they have to buy our food.

Either we continue making billions there, and give a lot back - as of right now, we don't give any, and even tho it would work -
or we stop making billions there.

No, you're the one who's wrong.

I stick to reality while you throw out should and woulds. That's not how it works.

You say we can do it, show me how.

to make it short..choose what you want to buy (fair trade/local products)...choose your government/president etc not only for your own gain, but also for their foreign affairs and last but not least live with the fact that we CAN'T save them all.

That won't work either, not with humanity. Never has.

Humans without a system is anarchy.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 03:39:04 AM by polluxlm » Logged

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2007, 05:27:03 PM »

wake up Smiley

Excellent...this is where WAT-EVER chimes in about how he dates models.? Wait for it...? hihi

my girlfriend at the moment is my Silmarillion book.

Nightfall : how was my comment related to the fact that i am single loser? Wink
again, think out of the box. you're reasoning as free-trade and capitalism are for ever here. no they're just our current systems. they can go down - and many political / economical modern mechanics are starting to question these.
go see the film. it's not about feeding McDonald's to biaphrans.

polluxm : how am i wrong because i use "should and woulds". that's how it should work.
i think i'm right on the analysis. the so called "giving free stuff" is false, because we're NOT at a balanced situation right now.
if i already stole everything in your house, giving some stuff back is not a "giving free stuff", it's giving back. that's all.
tell me how my previous post was wrong ...

we can do it, by changing our way of life.
im not asking each and single one of us to be complete, coherent and perfect, but a little of refusing this mass consumption society, at our own level is a 1s step.

then things can start at a more global level.

by listening to you , nothing works, that's easy.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 05:31:11 PM by WAT-EVER, i'm totally buggin » Logged

Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2007, 04:58:21 PM »

want to know how to make it work...... tag $15 a barrel onto oil companies that set up huge farms in developing nations and train teh workers hwo to use the equipment and such....... they would make about $7-9 a barrel after costs... not to mention the income that would eventually come out of the farms......

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: