Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:10:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Charlie Sheen
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Charlie Sheen  (Read 35334 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #100 on: April 03, 2011, 01:32:42 PM »

I have no problem with what happened - I wasn't expecting a huge extravagant show.

Maybe by the time I see him Friday he will figure it out a bit Wink

I originally even said I have no expectations for the show....so when people were wantingt his huge thing, sucks for them!

Seriously.  If I was going to a show like this, I'd have to be blitzed out of my mind.
I hope Charlie gets better.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #101 on: April 03, 2011, 01:42:55 PM »

I tend to not listen to too many media or fan reviews.

Look at GNR when you would hear these terrible reviews and know that it was just like small percentage with the loudest voices.

out of 5 thousand, let's say 1000 hated it and left,bitched etc.. its going to seem terrible when in reality maybe the other 4k thought it was great.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #102 on: April 03, 2011, 03:24:36 PM »

Well I have been watching the last couple of episodes of Two And A Half Men (so far). And I have to say, that Charlie does look rough and he seems to have lost weight in the face and body. If you compare the recent episodes to the earlier ones, you will noticed alot of difference in Charlies appearence.  Huh

It most probably is all of the drugs he's doing.  Undecided

I mean his brother in the show is actually bigger and more stockier than him in the last couple of shows. When before it was always the other way round, with Alan being the small, scrawny character.

No matter what happens in Charlies proffessional life, I hope he manages to put some weight back on.  Cry
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #103 on: April 04, 2011, 12:57:42 AM »

Really, though, why do any of us even fucking care?  Seriously.  It's his life.  I have a friend who went to the Detroit show and stayed for the whole thing.  She says they thought it was great and, well, what were people expecting, anyway?  They went with no expectations whatsoever.  Although, she did add that she had more laughs going out with friends afterwards.  It's Charlie Sheen.  It is what it is, for whatever reason...... 
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #104 on: April 04, 2011, 01:06:20 AM »

Thought this was kind of funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LtBSqGzi3o
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #105 on: April 04, 2011, 08:56:14 AM »

This is just nonsense. I wish he would stop making a fool of himself and do what he does best - Acting.

Fuck 'Em All.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #106 on: April 04, 2011, 09:26:42 AM »

^I couldn't agree more Roll Eyes.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #107 on: April 04, 2011, 03:34:54 PM »

This is just nonsense. I wish he would stop making a fool of himself and do what he does best - Acting.

Hate to break it to you but he's not that great of an actor. For the past 15 years he's been on Two and a Half Men and Spin City basically playing himself. He was good in Platoon.....25 years ago.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #108 on: April 04, 2011, 09:27:02 PM »

I agree, but I like what he does.

Fuck 'Em All.
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: April 04, 2011, 10:42:26 PM »

Thought this was kind of funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LtBSqGzi3o

Hilarious.  I liked it when he had all the cigarettes, and then turned into one lol 

I think Hot Shots Part 1 is one of the best comedies ever...I just recently saw it again.   
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #110 on: April 09, 2011, 12:00:15 AM »

Show tonight started off fantastic - great energy, good crowd. Slowly over the course of the 45 minute "segment" he calls the show, the crowd turned. People were being kicked out left and right - this drunk lady in front of us took about 30 minutes to be removed from the building after causing a disturbance. 10 minutes after that - show was over.

I was pleased at the fact that I had no expectations going in, but it would have been WORTHWHILE to do a Question/Answer section with the NYC crowd who loved him at first, rather than simply abruptly walk off the stage....
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2011, 02:09:47 PM »

Hate to break it to you but he's not that great of an actor. For the past 15 years he's been on Two and a Half Men and Spin City basically playing himself. He was good in Platoon.....25 years ago.

Charlie was good in a ton of movies before his sitcom days...Platoon as u mentioned was great...but also Wall Street!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2011, 04:58:56 PM »

Friday, 15 April 2011

Sheen, studio fight over 'Men' return talks

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Charlie Sheen and the makers of "Two and A Half Men" traded accusations on Thursday over whether the door was still open for the actor's return to the No. 1 television comedy

Warner Bros. Television strongly denied claims by Sheen that the studio was in talks to reinstate him, and made clear there was no chance of the fired star returning to the show.

But Sheen's lawyer insisted that there had been discussions this week about Sheen going back to his role as a womanizing bachelor.

Sheen, formerly the highest-paid actor on U.S. television, was booted out of the CBS series in March after he publicly insulted both the studio and series co-creator Chuck Lorre.

The actor, currently on a bizarre "Violent Torpedo of Truth" stage tour of North America, claimed this week he was in talks with his former bosses and that there was an 85 percent chance he would return.

"Those statements are false. As you know, there have been no discussions, there are no discussions and there will be no discussions, regarding his (Sheen's) returning to or having any involvement with the series," attorneys for Warner Bros. wrote in a letter to the actor's lawyer.

Sheen's lawyer, Marty Singer, told The Hollywood Reporter in response; "That's ridiculous. There absolutely have been discussions.

"As late as this Tuesday there have been discussions about Charlie coming back and everyone was involved," Singer said. He did not say who was involved in the talks.

Last month, there were unconfirmed reports that CBS chief Les Moonves wanted Sheen back.

But the Warner Bros. letter on Thursday appeared to rule out any hope of a reconciliation with Sheen, who has continued to trash his former bosses and some of his co-stars.

Sheen has been in and out of drug rehab in the last 12 months and was convicted last year of assaulting his then-wife. He filed a $100 million lawsuit against Warner Bros. in March for unfair dismissal.

Warner Bros. and CBS have yet to say whether they will bring back "Two and A Half Men" in a different format or with a different star for the 2011-2012 season starting in September.

They have until mid-May to make a decision before the main TV networks present their new season line-up to advertisers in New York.

http://kgmi.com/Sheen--studio-fight-over--Men--return-talks/9631135

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2011, 08:31:30 AM »

Ashton Kutcher inks deal to replace Charlie Sheen on 'Two and a Half Men'

The new star of "Two and a Half Men" doesn't date goddesses -- he's married to a Cougar.

Ashton Kutcher signed a deal last night to replace Charlie Sheen on television's top-rated sitcom, a source told The Post.

Kutcher, who previously starred on "That '70s Show," gave his fans a hint that it would happen earlier in the evening, tweeting, "What's the square root of 6.25?"
The answer is 2?.

He'll be earning less than Sheen's $2.5 million per episode, the source said.

The show's producer, Chuck Lorre, is "really happy" that Kutcher is set to come aboard, another source told the Hollywood Reporter.

The 33-year-old Kutcher, married to actress Demi Moore, 48, began negotiations after talks with actor Hugh Grant fell apart.

Sheen was fired from the show in March after spending two weeks making the rounds of media outlets talking trash about Lorre.

Sheen sued Lorre and the studio for $100 million for terminating his contract.

He later went on a month-long tour dubbed "My Violent Torpedo of Truth/Defeat Is Not an Option," in which he sometimes got booed so badly that he cut the show short.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/ashton_sheen_stealer_OvAQb5OLbEEE7fmyg1x6CO#ixzz1MEdH68AO

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #114 on: May 13, 2011, 09:37:04 AM »

Umm yeah I don't think I'll be watching the show anymore then. No Charlie, No 2 and a half Men.  Undecided
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #115 on: May 13, 2011, 09:43:42 AM »

Umm yeah I don't think I'll be watching the show anymore then. No Charlie, No 2 and a half Men.  Undecided

Too right, I can't even believe they are trying this, it's going to be a disaster...

This has been said many times, but the reason why the show was so popular was simply because Charlie was basically playing himself. All of those jokes, and random moments are down to the viewer knowing that the actor is even worse than the charactor.

Good bye Two And A Half Men, I certainly won't be watching any post Sheen episodes either.  Roll Eyes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #116 on: May 13, 2011, 08:02:05 PM »

Ashton Kutcher?? really?

Fuck he is terrible.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #117 on: May 13, 2011, 10:21:08 PM »

Ashton Kutcher?? really?

Fuck he is terrible.

Ha!  This news makes me happy.  Crash and burn.
Maybe Kutcher's mom Demi could make a cameo.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #118 on: May 14, 2011, 12:34:23 PM »

As much as I don't think this Kutcher thing will work, I'm not longing for Charlie Sheen. Talk about overexposure. This guy managed to milk his celebrity dry in like 2 weeks.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2011, 01:27:41 PM »

Charlie Sheen=irrelevant.  Don't tell me you guys actually watched that show!  It is the lowest form of entertainment, with bland obvious jokes that appeal only to the lowest common denominator of viewers.  It is to television as Daughtry or Nickelback is to rock music.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: