Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 04:55:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The 2008/2009 NBA season thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 47 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The 2008/2009 NBA season thread  (Read 160348 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2008, 08:27:18 PM »

Clippers finally got their first win against Dallas  rofl

Mark Cuban has gained some weight these past few years.

I guess since the NBA put a muzzle on him, he doesn't get his usual exercise.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2008, 01:26:15 AM »

How about Shaq going for 29-10 the other night?  I think the idea of giving him days off on back-to-backs is genius... It's pretty much a sure thing he's going to take a 2-3 week vacation in the middle of the season, why not try spacing out his regular season games instead?

I think the Suns game is the one I'm looking forward to the most this season... Amare Stoudemire is a beast now!
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2008, 04:33:37 AM »

Where are your seats at the ACC?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2008, 03:31:54 PM »

How about Shaq going for 29-10 the other night?  I think the idea of giving him days off on back-to-backs is genius... It's pretty much a sure thing he's going to take a 2-3 week vacation in the middle of the season, why not try spacing out his regular season games instead?

I think the Suns game is the one I'm looking forward to the most this season... Amare Stoudemire is a beast now!

Now?

Amare has been a beast for the last several years.

Remember a few years ago in the playoffs against SA? he averaged 35 and 10.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2008, 05:58:03 PM »

This season I believe will shift the dominant conference. The Eastern Block looks stronger than it's been over a decade so maybe the eastern conference teams achieve a better W-L record against the WC teams and overall a better W-L year end standings.

A few predictions:

the Suns will not win the Championship. I hope in 8 months time I don't go back to this thread to bite my tongue, but I don't see it happening.

They had their chance over the past few years but didnt take it. Nash is not getting any younger, same with Shack and Amare can't do it on his own. The Suns are a good team that will probably end 4th or 5th in the Western Conference.

Dallas (sorry D) is more or less on the same situation as the Suns. they will most likely get a 50-55% W-L year, if anything, but could lose in the Playoffs first round if they actually make it. The Mavs had the same roster for a few years now I don't see this year they've gotten any better.

San Antonio is 1-4 but you know this team takes their time to get into some kinda rythm, besides, Ginobilli is out till December. I say the could finish 5th or 6th in the WC but they will go far, as usual, in the playoffs.

Miami is 3-3 now which is a hell of a lot better than how they started last year but IMO, this is a transition year for them.- If anything, they will qualify 7th or 8th in the EC, to lose in the first round,.

The Lakers will be the dominant force in the West. Pau and Bynum combined, they could easily average 35 points, 22 rebounds and 5 blocks every night.

MVP will go to Kobe again. It doesnt really matter if he has an outstanding year, but NBA usually gives it two years in a row if you play on a winning team (look Nash, Magic, Jordan, Bird...)

« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 05:59:54 PM by Ignatius » Logged
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2008, 08:17:26 PM »

Now?

Amare has been a beast for the last several years.

Remember a few years ago in the playoffs against SA? he averaged 35 and 10.

You mean the series that the scumbag Tim Donaghy gave away?

The one that led to the boring ass Spurs sweep of the Cavs?
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2008, 04:17:58 AM »

Dirk N' Duncan are on their way out.

How about those Hawks eh?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2008, 08:47:01 AM »

Dirk N' Duncan are on their way out.

How about those Hawks eh?
Yeah, maybe the Hawks were for real after all in the post-season last year.  Coming into their own perhaps.  They've got some good young players on that team.  Big re-match against the C's tonight.  We'll see how that turns out.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2008, 12:36:04 PM »

Dallas really fucked up getting Jason Kidd. I have no idea why they traded a young superstar in the making like Devin Harris for an over the hill Hall of Famer.

stupid

Also, I think not getting Ron Artest was equally dumb.

Good news is, Kidd's 20+ million comes off the books next season and we will have plenty of room to add a huge FA in 2010.

Dirk still has about 5 really great years left.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2008, 07:05:24 PM »

Yeah I never liked that trade for Dallas either.  It was a desparate move that they HOPED would pay off with a long playoff run at a championship LAST season.  That didn't work out.  Harris has played well for New Jersey and Kidd isn't getting any younger, so I don't see the trade looking any better for them this year.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2008, 07:35:30 PM »

Dallas did get a steal though picking up Gerald Green for nothing.
He is really blossoming.

With Josh HOward out, to play LA that close was a good sign.

I still have no idea why Dallas don't run more postups for Kidd.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2008, 08:21:49 PM »

Dallas did get a steal though picking up Gerald Green for nothing.
He is really blossoming.

With Josh HOward out, to play LA that close was a good sign.

I still have no idea why Dallas don't run more postups for Kidd.
Is he really?  There's been a Gerald Green sighting?  I never thought I'd see the day.  Kid can jump right out of the gym but he was never able to put it together.  Maybe he's finally rounding into shape though.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2008, 09:04:52 PM »

yeah, he has played rather well the last few games, scoring almost 14 a game.

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2008, 09:21:51 PM »

only a few more hours before nba.com updates their site with Lakers 8 - 0, with AI having his worst game of the season  beer
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2008, 07:58:04 PM »

only a few more hours before nba.com updates their site with Lakers 8 - 0, with AI having his worst game of the season  beer

Cry

Better luck next time Cool

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2008, 08:00:39 PM »

Cry

Better luck next time Cool

At least you can be happy in November.  Grin
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2008, 09:36:56 PM »

Upper bowl in the prime balcony section... they are dead center, so I'm very happy with them!

OK, so we're about 10 games into the season, is it starting to look like the power has shifted to the East?  6 teams with less than 4 wins in the West... and only 2 in the east!
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2008, 10:08:55 PM »

Upper bowl in the prime balcony section... they are dead center, so I'm very happy with them!

OK, so we're about 10 games into the season, is it starting to look like the power has shifted to the East?  6 teams with less than 4 wins in the West... and only 2 in the east!

Dead Center is the way to go!  There aren't any bad seats in arenas anymore these days, so it doesn't matter if you're up high or wherever.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2008, 12:14:47 AM »

I think it's still early to say the power has shifted, but it certainly appears that the East has caught up with the West if not surpassed them.  Last year the Celtics and Pistons could compete with the top teams in the West but that was about it.  This year there seems to be a lot more depth in the East.  We'll see if that continues.

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2008, 01:32:12 AM »

12-1    smoking
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 47 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: