Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:59:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The 2008/2009 NBA season thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 47 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The 2008/2009 NBA season thread  (Read 160399 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2008, 10:59:17 PM »

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2008, 05:57:46 PM »

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2008, 06:28:06 AM »

Man, I really feel for Clippers fans   hihi
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2008, 09:47:46 AM »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-081212

The Celtics' 122-88 thumping of the Wizards on Thursday added another historic notch to Boston's 2008-09 campaign. With 21 wins in their first 23 games, the Celtics eclipsed their franchise record for the best start to a season. Six more wins against New Orleans, Utah, Atlanta, Chicago, the Knicks, and Philadelphia -- five of them at home -- and they'll stand alone atop history, besting the 1969-70 Knicks and the 1966-67 Sixers, who each started 26-2. The 13-game win streak is Boston's longest since winning 14 straight late in the 1985-86 season.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2008, 01:08:56 PM »

Unhappy Steve Nash could be on break to Knicks next year

His all-time favorite coach, Mike D'Antoni, is in New York. His best friend, Raja Bell, was just banished to Charlotte.

These definitely aren't fun times for Steve Nash in Phoenix.

But who says they're going to continue next season?

Nash could be leaving the Suns after this season, if the team decides it wants to continue to move away from D'Antoni's style, and comes up with a sensible solution to replacing one of the greatest players in franchise history.

Nash, who faces the Knicks Monday when D'Antoni makes his return to Phoenix, has a final year remaining on his deal after this season. But according to the terms of his contract, if the Suns waive him by June 30, 2009, a little more than half of his $13.5 million for next season is guaranteed, and he would become unrestricted on July 1.

The possibility of Nash leaving Phoenix early resulted from a compromise during his signing with the Suns in 2004. Nash wanted a six-year deal when he left Dallas. But after Mavs owner Mark Cuban raised concerns about Nash's ability to stay healthy, the Suns took that as a red flag and decided they didn't want to go past five years. They settled on the team option, with just under $7 million guaranteed if Nash were to be waived.

So Nash, no longer an MVP-caliber player but certainly still among the league's top point guards as he approaches his 35th birthday in February, could be on the move in a matter of seven months.

In that scenario, New York looks like the logical destination because of his close relationship with D'Antoni. But the Knicks don't get their cap relief until the following summer, in 2010. But who's to say that Nash, who already has a Manhattan residence he uses in the offseason, wouldn't agree to take less at the outset, with the understanding he'd be taken care of later?

Nash was too upset to talk to Phoenix reporters about his future after Bell and Boris Diaw were sent to Charlotte on Wednesday for Jason Richardson. But clearly, he misses playing for D'Antoni.

Under Steve Kerr's direction and Terry Porter's coaching, the Suns are going with a more conventional halfcourt system that doesn't play to Nash's strengths. That, of course, doesn't mean they'll exercise the option at season's end and let him walk. Before doing that, they'd need to have a viable replacement.

"The way things are going in Phoenix now, it's unlikely that Steve would sign an extension," a person close to Nash said the other day. "They won't trade him because they would just get killed by their fans. But it will be interesting to see whether he'll be under contract for next season."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/2008/12/13/2008-12-13_unhappy_steve_nash_could_be_on_break_to_.html

Add Chris Bosh and LeBron James to the mix in 2010, and the Knicks could be quite the powerhouse.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2008, 01:36:04 PM »

Nash is over-rated to begin with, and his career is already winding down. In two years, he would be lucky to ride the coat-tails of younger talent in NY, but alot can happen before then. Whatever happened to trying to win on the team that you actually play for?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2008, 04:50:22 PM »

Nash is over-rated to begin with, and his career is already winding down. In two years, he would be lucky to ride the coat-tails of younger talent in NY, but alot can happen before then. Whatever happened to trying to win on the team that you actually play for?

Over rated? You have lost your mind

The system I give u helps his numbers but not just anybody can run that system

Steve Kerr is a joke and Terry Porter is a horrible coach.

They took an NBA title team and fucking destroyed it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2008, 04:56:25 PM »

Over rated? You have lost your mind

The system I give u helps his numbers but not just anybody can run that system

Steve Kerr is a joke and Terry Porter is a horrible coach.

They took an NBA title team and fucking destroyed it.

Not to mention they're wasting a shitload of money on a washed up Shaq.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2008, 05:01:52 PM »

Phoenix were retards man

They were a stupid bullshit suspension away from winning the NBA Title and for some reason they have the need to blow the entire team up.

Just crazy stuff.

Phoenix will never be a good defensive team, so you have to play to your strength which is running and gunning. They could've won a title with that style.

They sure as hell ain't gonna win one with this slow shit

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2008, 06:05:27 PM »

Phoenix were retards man

They were a stupid bullshit suspension away from winning the NBA Title and for some reason they have the need to blow the entire team up.

Just crazy stuff.

Phoenix will never be a good defensive team, so you have to play to your strength which is running and gunning. They could've won a title with that style.

They sure as hell ain't gonna win one with this slow shit

Yeah man, fucking Tim Donaghy.
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2008, 06:17:09 PM »

They were a stupid bullshit suspension away from winning the NBA Title
No.  But now there fans will unfortunately always have that EXCUSE.  There were still more games to be played man.  And run-and gun with no D wont win titles.  It only makes point guards look good and win undeserved MVPs.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2008, 06:18:50 PM »

3-2 lead going back home....... they win the next game

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2008, 06:21:47 PM »

They were a stupid bullshit suspension away from winning the NBA Title
No.  But now there fans will unfortunately always have that EXCUSE.  There were still more games to be played man.  And run-and gun with no D wont win titles.  It only makes point guards look good and win undeserved MVPs.

Yeah, Magic Johnson fucking sucked big balls.

Roll Eyes
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2008, 06:33:46 PM »

Those Lakers were a lot more than run and gun, and I was talking about todays NBA.  And back to Pheonix, even if there were no suspensions, there were still 2 games to win. They were down 3-2.  And had already dropped two at home in that series.  It wasnt a sure thing.  But now, like I said,  they have that excuse.  Helps them sleep at night.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2008, 01:35:39 AM »

Those Lakers were a lot more than run and gun, and I was talking about todays NBA.  And back to Pheonix, even if there were no suspensions, there were still 2 games to win. They were down 3-2.  And had already dropped two at home in that series.  It wasnt a sure thing.  But now, like I said,  they have that excuse.  Helps them sleep at night.

no no

they were UP 3-2 going home for games 6-7

crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2008, 08:09:56 PM »

The series was 2-2 after SAs game 4 win. The Suns went home for game 5 and lost. 3-2.  Game 6 was in SAN ANTONIO. Suns at full strength LOST that game ending their season.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2008, 08:48:44 PM »

The series was 2-2 after SAs game 4 win. The Suns went home for game 5 and lost. 3-2.  Game 6 was in SAN ANTONIO. Suns at full strength LOST that game ending their season.

Damn

my fault dude.

u are right.

I still think though, Phoenix would've won game 5 and went up 3-2 if not for the bullcrap suspensions and then anything could've happened.

crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2008, 09:27:22 PM »

Well, Phoenix COULD have won game 5, but who knows. Fact is, they didnt.  And they never got over the hump. So they dismantled the team.  But, its in our nature as sports fans to say what if.   What if Tim Thomas didnt get that damn rebound in game 6 vs. the Lakers in 06?  Im still pissed about that one.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2008, 09:35:19 PM »

HAHA, yeah or even Duncan hitting that shitty Three Pointer last year on Phoenix or if Nash hadn't busted his nose..... so much crazy shit.

U think u are sick

I am a die hard Dallas Mavericks fan

Imagine how I still feel thinking about that huge lead we blew against Miami in game 3.

I am still crushed.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #79 on: December 24, 2008, 09:25:01 PM »

Who's excited for tomorrow's game? Grin

And I don't mean Spurs/Suns.  Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 47 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: