Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:14:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Someone explain this
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Someone explain this  (Read 15421 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2004, 09:36:16 AM »

I wanted to understand something, I see alot of the if the new albums never happen I'm still happy because I have the old stuff, and we have old albums etc., etc etc.. Yet all that anyone talks about is the new band..?

So my thing is if you have just a handfull of shows and a few new song that aren't as good as the old then why is there mostly talk about the second version of gnr and not the one we all know and love?

I see sites devoted to new gnr and some are so anti vr, I don't understand why if you are a gnr fan that you have such a dislike towards the other members.. Nobody says you have to like vr's new album, butt o hate the old members sounds so idiotic if you love gnr..

Just help me to understand why there is so much anti old gnr and so much pro new gnr..? If everyone is like whatever with the new album and you're all guns n roses fans then what's the problem?

People say well if you aren't into cd or the new band then why do you go to gnr forums.. ? I just wonder when did gnr forums become a staple for the new guys without an album? How have they payed their dues in regards to gnr?

I see forums that get so angry if you have negative shit to say about new gnr, why does everyone defend them to the death, they have'nt even given us anything yet and the linueup is always subject to change..

The point was if so many people are going to get on people's ass for being annoyed that cd isn't out and tell them it's no big deal and enjoy the old albums, then why does the old guys get so little mentiones and why do you worship the new guys so much more?

This is just a two year observation, it's just some things I would like people to address, I was just curious to see how people felt.. beer

I understand the band has changed, I just don't get the devotion of people from having so little being fans of a group that broke up..

I just need to understand it better, I enjoy vr alot, but it's because of seeing them, having countles interviews, having an album, videos, getting to know a band I pretty much have been listening to for years (matt scott, slash duff)..

I just can't understand the huge love for all players from other bands having such minimal material to go by and so much dislike towards the band that made gnr.. Yet people will cry their eyes out and go nuts over some shady interviews by ex members, but they will defend axl to the end and say it's ok if he releases nothing.. It's doesn't make sence..
observation changed better. cd has no ending. no risk, just fun

Little tired this morning, explain that a little better so I'm sure I get the info you posted..
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2004, 04:56:22 PM »

Listen, using the Beatles example. Did it really matter that Rubber Soul was less successful then a Hard days Night? There wasnt a more successful single off of Rubber Soul either. But now looking back, that album was a turning point.
And there must have been tons of old time fans who loved the pop-era Beatles and hated post-Rubber Soul Beatles.

Yesterday, Twist and Shout, Hard days Night.....

Sweet Child O?Mine, Welcome to The jungle, Paradise City...... confused

Yea but umm, that's not the point. The point is, is that using what the Beatles did helps illustrate what Axl seems to be doing. The idea of progression as opposed to remaining stagnate.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2004, 05:01:55 PM »

Listen, using the Beatles example. Did it really matter that Rubber Soul was less successful then a Hard days Night? There wasnt a more successful single off of Rubber Soul either. But now looking back, that album was a turning point.
And there must have been tons of old time fans who loved the pop-era Beatles and hated post-Rubber Soul Beatles.

Yesterday, Twist and Shout, Hard days Night.....

Sweet Child O?Mine, Welcome to The jungle, Paradise City...... confused

Yea but umm, that's not the point. The point is, is that using what the Beatles did helps illustrate what Axl seems to be doing. The idea of progression as opposed to remaining stagnate.

His progression is amazing not one album since 98 when the new band began...Talk about being stagnate... hihi
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2004, 07:06:45 PM »

chronic snooze disease Roll Eyes

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2004, 07:37:42 PM »

I love the old GNR and like VR also, but looking forward to the new GNR because Axl is a true artist and I think he`s gonna surprise us all. Growing as an artist and moving GNR forward is exciting.

Just wish he`d release the damn album already.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2004, 03:16:37 AM »

I wanted to understand something, I see alot of the if the new albums never happen I'm still happy because I have the old stuff, and we have old albums etc., etc etc.. Yet all that anyone talks about is the new band..?

So my thing is if you have just a handfull of shows and a few new song that aren't as good as the old then why is there mostly talk about the second version of gnr and not the one we all know and love?

I see sites devoted to new gnr and some are so anti vr, I don't understand why if you are a gnr fan that you have such a dislike towards the other members.. Nobody says you have to like vr's new album, butt o hate the old members sounds so idiotic if you love gnr..

Just help me to understand why there is so much anti old gnr and so much pro new gnr..? If everyone is like whatever with the new album and you're all guns n roses fans then what's the problem?

People say well if you aren't into cd or the new band then why do you go to gnr forums.. ? I just wonder when did gnr forums become a staple for the new guys without an album? How have they payed their dues in regards to gnr?

I see forums that get so angry if you have negative shit to say about new gnr, why does everyone defend them to the death, they have'nt even given us anything yet and the linueup is always subject to change..

The point was if so many people are going to get on people's ass for being annoyed that cd isn't out and tell them it's no big deal and enjoy the old albums, then why does the old guys get so little mentiones and why do you worship the new guys so much more?

This is just a two year observation, it's just some things I would like people to address, I was just curious to see how people felt.. beer

I understand the band has changed, I just don't get the devotion of people from having so little being fans of a group that broke up..

I just need to understand it better, I enjoy vr alot, but it's because of seeing them, having countles interviews, having an album, videos, getting to know a band I pretty much have been listening to for years (matt scott, slash duff)..

I just can't understand the huge love for all players from other bands having such minimal material to go by and so much dislike towards the band that made gnr.. Yet people will cry their eyes out and go nuts over some shady interviews by ex members, but they will defend axl to the end and say it's ok if he releases nothing.. It's doesn't make sence..

live n' let die dude,

im not anti old band, i just dont like the way there goin' on about things with the past, the new stuff is the best thing i've heard in ages n' the new band is just unfuckingbeleivable!!!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #66 on: December 25, 2004, 07:55:32 AM »

I feel we should support the currentline up of gnr mike liuga or whatever your name is.  if you dont want to then i dont get why you'd even be on a guns n roses fan forum  Roll Eyes

the old band is history, guns n roses is TODAY.  the rest of those guys left the band and from that we have a really cool new band that has great chemistry, awesome potential, and has recorded whats supposed to be GnR's Led Zepplin II.. if we ever see it

my hatred towards the old members come from them talking shit, sucking since they left gnr (snakepit SUCKS), and that lawsuit.  Axl owns.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #67 on: December 25, 2004, 08:07:10 AM »

awesome potential,

they have ok
 can't wait  to listen, it's very intrestin what they could cme up with

especially when you have chris and buckethead on it, haven't heard stuff from such a formation b4

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
yagami1gnr
Headliner

Sultans of swing

« Reply #68 on: December 25, 2004, 12:51:54 PM »

Actually, you and many people haven't accepted the new band. You people complain that many of the bunch that likes the new band are just "yes-man," but that isn't true. There are some people that really thinks that this new band is way better than the old, but it's their opinion.
You "VR people" think that we should love both bands, but you just come on here and complain:
-Like this band is finished.
-This guy(Robin) is not Rock and Roll. What does he have to do? Go to Colombia and have a huge amount of drugs, wear leather pants, smoke cigarrettes while playing guitar, be drunk as hell while playing.
-When this guy comes and posts that this band has magic and to see go watch the MSG concert,? you come and post that this is bullshit, that if you want to see magic go to see ritz, you see that guy is not knocking the old band, just supporting the new one, but you post to make trouble.
-That the album (if it comes) is going to be overproduced. Overproduced is just a word that means nothing. Axl is trying to be an "artist" not just a RnR singer. Artists deliver when they think that their art is ready not before.
-That I made Axl rich, so he owe me the album. Maybe you make rich the record company, not Axl, since for each album sold "Guns N' Roses - the entity" earns two dollars from which you have to divided to the entire old band. But , you still come and say that you made "only rich to Axl."
-That all the music is techno like "Oh My God." I don't think that all what GNR produced is techno, Also when some people where saying that OMG was/is a good song, only "DAVE" was saying that is better that all Contraband. And then one of you and says that OMG is "a electronic fart." Sorry but you could have said that you don't like the song because is not your style of music.
(We all know Dave)
-That Axl is a washed up artist. What did he do to be a washed up artist. Did he perform with Michael Jackson, Britney Spears and all those artists from today that suck so bad?

For all of this and more I know that many of you live on the past and not are going to accept this new band even if becomes a great album, or the guitars players create great riffs or solos because they are not RnR.

And "in my opinion" all the people, that think that Contraband is one of the great RnR records, they are wrong. Not because they deliver me something, I have to praise them. When you said that "Audioslave record (which IMHO is better)" is too radio friendly what you can say about Contraband. Not good solos, like Suckertain. It has few good songs only. And awful lyrics. Like this guy that post that the phrase "I'm going to rape my worm abortion tape so please deliver me the cow" is dangerous, well what can I say. I hope that Slash and co. can deliver me on their next album a better record, because they can.

Let the music speak when/if it comes. And trust me if CD is good I'm going to post why in my opinion is good; and, if it's bad, I'm also going to state why in my opinion is bad. Most importantly, I would NEVER going to tell you that you have to listen CD more times to appreciate it.

and like RATM "if ignorance is bliss, then knock that smile of my face."? peace? smoking? peace
« Last Edit: December 25, 2004, 12:57:00 PM by yagami1gnr » Logged
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #69 on: December 25, 2004, 01:33:47 PM »

Prepair to love the new guys, if Axl picked them, there dues have been paid and we're not
  talkin cash. Understanding an artist is tuff, I respect VR, there a machine but Axl Rose is a ture   
  artist/conductor. Sorry if that hurts anyone or dose'nt answer your questions. Not bash anyone.
  Those big questions will be answered soon. Enjoy your holidays and have faith.     

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Elrothiel
« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2004, 06:14:20 AM »

Alright, I give this a shot.

Back when things got real bleak for the classic GNR, and I knew the end was near, the stories I was hearing forever changed my own perceptions. I am a real big Beatles fan. But, I am not a fan of there early work. That is not the part that relates this to GNR. When things became clear the Axl wanted their sound to grow and evolve, I got real excited. I got excited because that is what the Beatles did, and did it collectively. The sound that came from them really moves and touches me in ways I cant really describe. Now, for GNR to risk everything and go into new realms, is the fucking shit. It takes balls. The UYI at the very least, shows that there is somthing so much more they could be doing. There was mass experimenting there, and I feel they might have been really onto something. Maybe they could have ushered in something completely new and innovated.

But it quickly became clear that only Axl was willing to take the next step. I still dig Slash. He is one of the greats. But I don't respect him as much as I would had he decided to evolve into someone greater. Jimi Hendrix for years played backup electric guitar. But Jimi was a genius and a beast and he thrived to go as far as he could with the music. Jimi had drive. That is what makes Hendrix so relevant today and respected. Axl has this drive. The Beatles had this drive. But GNR collectively didn't, and I fucking hate that Slash and Duff couldnt see the bigger picture. We sure as shit would have had some new GNR we could have been enjoying right now had Slash and Duff decided to step outside there box.

I respect Axl more for following this vision. And although VR was kind of fun, it didnt move me at all. It was run of the mill R&R. For that, it is cool. But that is all it is. And that is all Slash and Duff want to be. They are in a safe place, and they deserve a shit load of props for the music they helped create, and for still being in a popular band. But their music isnt changing shit. Its not here to kick you in the face and show you what music could be. Not like what Appetite first did. Its giving you what you already now. They played it safe. Axl never played it safe...never.

Sorry this is a late quotation of this, but I just gotta say, HELL FUCKIN YEA!!! I also both hate and love Slash and Duff. Hate for what assholes they've been and not wanting to move forward and to be like AC/DC and make all their albums the same (no disrespect to AC/DC, they're great, but face it, their albums DO all sound very similar...), and love for the music that happened when they were in the band. I bought Contraband because I wanted to see if it would be anything like a Gn'R album (even though I knew deep down it wouldn't be), and it was nothing like one! What the fuck happened to the amazing guitar solos!?? And what is with Duff only having minimal back up vocals!? They've just all regressed terribly, and there is nothing there that really grabs you and smashes your face into the wall like how any Gn'R song did. It would seem that Scott Weiland HAS moved on from what he used to be, but at the same time, he's going about it the wrong way. He has no vision. He's just trying to be Axl back in the time of Appetite. And there's nothing wrong with that if you like cheap imitations, but if he really wants to be like Axl, then he should fucking get himself a vision to work towards because ATM, he's nothing.
If VR started up back in 1985, without Axl, you can guarantee that they'd be in the same position as Faster Pussycat and Cinderella. Not of the same calibre as Gn'R. Lack of vision guarantees lack of fans.
That's why Contraband was such a disappointment.
I'm not even going to say anything about Sorum, except to state that he's an idiot with the same dependence on staying the same as Slash and Duff, and that he should be executed for what he said in Gn'R: Behind the Music. That thing he said "I thought I was joining a heavy metal band! What's with the piano?" Grrrrrrrrrrr *falls over twitching on floor while gritting teeth and imagining the death of Sorum*
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2004, 08:04:02 AM »

why am I going to buy "Chinese Democracy" and have not bought "Contraband"?
Because Axl Rose is more appealing to me as an artist. I would buy Chinese Democracy even if it's not published under the name GNR. Look at the band at 2002. it is just a totally crazy group of individuals, everybody coming with different music background and thats the reason Axl picked them up. He didn't say: Oh my good, look at that freak with the bucket on his hand. He will never be a member of my band. Axl picked up Buchethead because he knwos what means talent and he doesn't give a fuck if Robin looks like a fucking goth.

On the other hand you got Velvet Revolver. Rock and Roll. My rock and roll time is over (if i ever had one). i now search fpr more complex and different music. Axl seems to fit right in my music progress.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: