Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:56:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Songs that you would like to hear Axl sing
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Songs that you would like to hear Axl sing  (Read 105541 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #660 on: February 16, 2014, 04:48:23 PM »

All these song titles brings up a question.... So far we've seen GN'R cover songs by bands that probably influenced them. Songs that were released some time ago.
So the question is, would you rather have Axl sing something more current than older material by bands like AC/DC, The Who, Rolling Stones and so on?

I've seen people post song titles, but often not mentioning why it would be a good fit for Axl to sing. It's always interesting to hear why you think it would be cool to hear him sing it... Smiley

Good question.

Personally, I tend to like when they do a cover of a classic song, or a song by a classic band.  Odds are, as a rock fan, you are already familiar with it.  And its cool to hear your favorite band's take on it.  Do they play it faithfully, put their own spin on it, etc?

There are examples from both era that I think fit this bill, and are covers I've grown to really appreciate.

Dead Flowers - the versions of this on the Skin N' Bones tour is excellent.  The most known version would obviously be the 7.16.93 Argentina concert, and it is tremendous.  I had always liked the Stones version, but I think I prefer GNR's bit more up tempo and furious version.

The Seeker - Thought this was a highlight of the last tour.  I like The Who's version.  I don't think GNR really put too different a stamp on it, but often found that song to be one of Axl's better vocal performances of that leg's shows.  The version from that 11.09.12 concert from Vegas makes my GNR playlists.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #661 on: February 16, 2014, 05:36:31 PM »

Ballad of Hollis Brown with Nazareth maybe.

Izzy actually 'discovered' Axl's axl-voice (lol) while he was singing hair of the dog in the shower Tongue

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #662 on: February 16, 2014, 06:41:48 PM »

Ballad of Hollis Brown with Nazareth maybe.

Izzy actually 'discovered' Axl's axl-voice (lol) while he was singing hair of the dog in the shower Tongue

Really?... never knew that.  Smiley Although I can definitely imagine it...  Wink
gnrpatience
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #663 on: February 28, 2014, 01:25:05 PM »

Definitely Coma!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: