Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:23:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses playing Las Vegas April 8th and 9th!!!! / Fan meeting at NYNY 4/7
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses playing Las Vegas April 8th and 9th!!!! / Fan meeting at NYNY 4/7  (Read 161782 times)
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #780 on: April 08, 2016, 09:41:08 PM »

Yess i finally made it to Vegas, at the Tropicana now enjoy the show!  ok
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #781 on: April 08, 2016, 09:47:13 PM »

FYI

Limited amount of tickets for tonight's and tomorrow's show have been released (message from Guns N' Roses twitter).

http://www.axs.com/series/2515/guns-n-roses-tickets?skin=tmobile

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #782 on: April 08, 2016, 09:51:36 PM »

Both Vince Neil and Nic Cage are in Vegas, this was hilarious!

http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/08/nicolas-cage-vince-neil-fight-vegas/

Nic is obviously STUPID wasted.....and it's only 5:00pm.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #783 on: April 10, 2016, 08:09:25 PM »

Music  http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/10/guns-n-roses-las-vegas-reunion-10-wildest-moments

Inside Guns N' Roses epic Las Vegas reunion: 10 wildest moments
Axl's broken foot, plenty of pyro, and a flawless rendition of 'November Rain.'

by Mark Gray

(Marc Snetiker; Ethan Miller/Getty Images file)

Guns N' Roses

The time was 10:25 p.m. on Saturday night in Las Vegas and about 19,000 people were all having the same conversation: what time would Axl Rose actually show up for the concert? It wasn?t an insane question to ask: as the lead singer of Guns N? Roses, Rose hasn?t had the best track record for punctuality over the years. But at last night?s show at the T-Mobile Arena ? the second night Rose has performed on stage with original members, guitarist Slash and bassist Duff McKagan, in more than two decades ? the frontman was punctual, even as he performed after breaking his foot earlier this week.

So what was it like to be inside for one of the biggest rock and roll shows of 2016? Read on for the 10 best highlights.

1. Guns N? Roses were on time, depending on the day you went.
For Guns? first reunion show in Vegas on Friday, 19,000 fans waited hours for the legendary rock band to take the stage at the newly opened T-Mobile Arena. Save for a small private show in Los Angeles, the show was the first time in 23 years that original members Axl Rose, Slash, and Duff McKagan took the stage together. On Friday night, the band kept fans waiting for an hour, but on Saturday night, the show started basically on time. Rose simply opened the show by saying ?Good Evening.?

2. Axl broke his foot ? and still performed.
The news filtered fast: Rose broke his foot during a small tuneup show in Los Angeles. Despite Rose performing through the pain, the Las Vegas show on Saturday suffered. Rose, a man who can run across a stage like a man chased by a pack of wild dogs, remained in a stationary throne in the center of the stage, a contraption given to him by the Foo Fighter?s Dave Grohl. With Rose?s casted foot elevated, leaving him essentially immobile, he let Slash and Duff become the stars of the show ? a fact that couldn?t have been too comfortable for the frontman.

3. The setlist was on point.
There were a lot of skeptics when it came to the Guns N? Roses reunion tour, but the band didn?t mail it in. They tore through 23 songs in more than two hours from classic albums like Appetite for Destruction, Use Your Illusion 1, and Use Your Illusion II ? and they sounded well-oiled and tight.

4. Axl still commands a room.
He may be past his early-90s peak, but Rose is still a rock god. And the Vegas crowd hung on his every word: any time Rose demanded fans to ?scream for me? or ?jump,? they obeyed. It?s a rare talent that can command that kind of respect from 19,000 fans while ? and doing so with a cast.

5. They?ve tamed their wild ways?
In the late ?80s, Guns had a reputation as hard-partying bad-asses of L.A.?s Sunset Strip, but that wasn?t the case at this gig in Vegas ? they?ve tamed that let?s-get-crazy mentality. And the crowd has tamed, too. Shirtless girls on shoulders? There were none. Flagrant use of drugs? Nope. Bras and panties tossed on stage by fans? Dream on.

6. ?But they had plenty of pyro.
They may not have the energy of their heyday, but they made up for it with theatrics. As the boys blew through their cover of Wings? ?Live and Let Die,? fire spewed out behind them. Later, they performed a rendition of ?Rocket Queen? that featured pyro as a centerpiece of the presentation. ?Paradise City? was even more insane: there was so much fire shooting up behind the group, the temp in the room felt it rose 10 degrees.

7. There were go-go girls aplenty.
Quick question: name a relevant band that uses go-go dancers to entice the crowd in 2016? It might be tacky in this era, but Guns N? Roses have always marched to the beat of their own (very loud) drum. And the group paid tribute to the excesses of their era by having girls aplenty dancing on elevated platforms at the back of the stage.

8. There was minimal stage banter.
Axl, Duff, and Slash were all set up with microphones, but they didn?t talk to the audience. Over the two-hour show, Slash was basically a mute, letting his guitar skills and infamous hair and top hat do the talking. Duff sang one song, a cover of the Damned?s ?New Rose,? but he mainly stuck to backup singing. But Rose was sure to introduce each member of the band ? and Slash drew the largest cheers from the audience.

9. ?November Rain? was magical.
Rose used crutches as he made his way to piano? and then it happened: the first rumbling note of ?November Rain.? And Saturday night?s performance sounded so perfect and so flawless, you could easily picture Stephanie Seymour reprising that music video?s role by appearing on the stage in a wedding dress. Slash even played his guitar at a 90-degree angle, mimicking his moves from the clip. (Chilling fact: a cold April rain soaked fans outside the T-Mobile Arena post-show.)

10. Guns are still locked and loaded.
The show was far from perfect, but it was everything a G N? R fan, many of them dressed in the band?s attire, could have hoped for. It was loud. It was nostalgic. It was heavy on the hits. It featured (some) original members. Basically, the message Guns N? Roses told its ticket-buying fans was: don?t you cry tonight. None of them were either.

Setlist
1. ?It?s So Easy?
2.Mr. Brownstone
3. Chinese Democracy
4. Welcome to the Jungle
5. Double Talkin? Jive
6.Estranged
7. Live and Let Die
8. Rocket Queen
9.You Could Be Mine
10. Attitude
11. This Is Love
12. Come
13. Speak Softly Love
14. Sweet Child O? Mine
15. Better
16. Civil War
17. My Michelle
18. Jam
19. Layla
20. November Rain
21. Knockin? on Heaven?s Door
22. Nightrain

Encore
1. Don?t Cry
2. The Seeker
3. Paradise City

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #784 on: April 10, 2016, 08:16:57 PM »

My God that set-list looks amazing!   drool

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
coolranchdressing
Opening Act

« Reply #785 on: April 10, 2016, 09:48:03 PM »

awsome meeting all the fans at the meet up Smiley  (funny about the working girls comment...one kissed my wedding ring and was showing it off to her co-worker...at the time I didn't think they were working as they didn't "look" like working girls...lol)

And the two nights watching GNR was magical...I had a few "goose bump moments" and "religious/spiritual moments". I danced my butt off thru the entire set list...loved the fact they played "double talkin' jive" and "coma"..."nightrain" was a huge rush and "my michelle" on night two was really pumped up. At first I thought "uh-oh Ax is bound to a chair"...but infact he was ON POINT...wow...he sang like a fertile 20-something and then some. He is boss. And these shows hammered out the importance and pure TALENT of Slash...wow...I have even more respect for the man. The additional keyboardist added further hottness to the band and Duff looked strong and had a real presence.

I was honestly blown-away by thier talent and I must say Axl is god!
Annie
« Reply #786 on: April 13, 2016, 10:26:45 AM »

Sorry I missed the fan meeting.

Flights were delayed and I didn't get to my hotel until like 1am....

Hope you guys had fun!

/jarmo

I did as well. Got really drunk at the ICE BAR in the afternoon and couldn't make it all the way down there from the Mirage. I was staying at the Bellagio.
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #787 on: April 13, 2016, 10:43:52 AM »

My God that set-list looks amazing!   drool

Yeah, at least he could have gotten his shit right.

Hell has frozen over.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: