Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 09:03:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227862 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Ring Question
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ring Question  (Read 4332 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2008, 10:18:16 AM »

First avoid mall jewlery stores... you will be ripped off. (higher price, lower quality)

Absolutely correct! Those guys are like vultures.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2008, 10:51:40 AM »

Go to a pawn shop, your dollar will stretch a lot farther. My wife actually encouraged me to do this since I'd get "more bang for my buck" ( pun intended)  rofl

You can't tell the difference between a new and used diamond!  ok
The regular person may not but a diamond seller or reputable Jewler can.  They can tell by the way the diamond is cut.  Obviously with the technology a diamond is cut differently then in the past.  I agree that you can get a diamond at a pawn shop cheaper but just make sure you get it appraised and insured. 

Good Luck with everything to Gunner...

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2008, 12:10:24 PM »

First avoid mall jewlery stores... you will be ripped off. (higher price, lower quality)

Absolutely correct! Those guys are like vultures.

Thirded.  Don't know about price, but quality goes down the shitter.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2008, 12:25:19 PM »

What would a good way to tell a reputable jeweler be? Go to a local independently owned store?

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2008, 01:29:03 PM »

Go to a pawn shop, your dollar will stretch a lot farther. My wife actually encouraged me to do this since I'd get "more bang for my buck" ( pun intended)  rofl

The regular person may not but a diamond seller or reputable Jewler can.  They can tell by the way the diamond is cut.  Obviously with the technology a diamond is cut differently then in the past.  I agree that you can get a diamond at a pawn shop cheaper but just make sure you get it appraised and insured. 

My wife cant tell, and that is what counts!

No, seriously, my brother-in -law is the manager there and he has some type of jewler license or certification so I did pretty good - he was not going to let me get his sister a shitty diamond!

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2008, 01:47:51 PM »

What would a good way to tell a reputable jeweler be? Go to a local independently owned store?

Independently owned stores tend to be your best bet, but I would ask people all over your area for recomendations.

The independent stores tend to get much less exposure than the mall stores, so to stay in business (for what tends to be generations) they have to survive off of their reputations. Unfortunatly the mall stores just live off of their name and basic foot traffic.

One more thing to stress... I know I already mentioned it, but I saw someone else bring it up. After you pick something out and buy it, go get it appraised and insured.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2008, 10:48:58 PM »

My wife cant tell, and that is what counts!

No, seriously, my brother-in -law is the manager there and he has some type of jewler license or certification so I did pretty good - he was not going to let me get his sister a shitty diamond!

I'm so paranoid I would get a new one anyway.

I would figure that my fiance/wife would go get it checked out just to ruin the marriage.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: