Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 12:01:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Apology
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Apology  (Read 5785 times)
badapple81
« on: June 27, 2004, 10:57:37 PM »

Unfortunately I thought about this and put things into perspective too late. Lesson = stop and think first, think and put things into perspective before posting.

Jarmo made a small mention on a thread that the Jungle will have to be cleaned up. I started a thread, intended on a discussion, turned into a debate, people getting 'pissed off' and people leaving.

1. I blew Jarmos comment out of proportion. There was no need for my thread.

2. I also had no place to start that thread. If at all, threads like that should have been made by the admin when and if they felt necessary, with their explainations, which would have avoided the misunderstandings and hostility if people read through and understood the issues.

3. I created hostility which wasnt existant beforehand (as far as I know), by creating the thread.

4. I intended the thread to be discussion on whether we were in fact taking it too far or not, perhaps we were.. perhaps we weren't. However the way I chose my words wasn't particulary an objective way to start a discussion, it pretty much got everybody on one side of the discussion and again created a lot of hostility.

5. Board members, well liked and with great contributions to the board, have left as a result of my actions in the above points  Sad

I sincerely apologise for all the points above. Those actions have really stuffed things up, and a lesson learned the hard away, at the expense of others future enjoyment of the board Sad

I look fwd to contributing to more of the general GN'R discussion as well as the off topic debates and threads, as a lot of us had probably drifted away from what the point of the board was in the first place.

I really hope you will accept my apology and be happy to continue me being a part of the board  Huh

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2004, 11:04:21 PM »

You didn?t do in thing wrong, so there is no reason to apologize for anything. And there isn?t much going on in the world of GN?R ,so their isn?t much to talk about in those sections.

beer

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
badapple81
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2004, 11:11:12 PM »

Well dude, true or not, I probably didn't go about this the right way, really it wasnt my place to do it at all.

True or not, that's probably best kept discussed in the other thread already there to avoid this becoming another - thats the last thing I want  nervous
kujo722
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2004, 11:29:53 PM »

I'll second the opinion that you didn't do anything wrong, although it was a class move to apologise. You had an opinion on a matter and wanted input on the issue from others.  Others turned it into a pissing contest, not you.

Dont let this hold you back from expressing yourself in the future.
WagMyDog
doesn't HATE big boobs
VIP

Tyr's hand...

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2004, 01:18:11 AM »

And I'll third that.

I really don't see what you're apologising for. I mean, it wasn't your fault that SLCP or Bildo left. Their decision, and I can respect that. If they wanna come back, and forget the whole thing, that's fine by me too. 'Cos honestly, they're not the people I would want to leave the Board...

(And I'd just like to point out that they might have left for completely different reasons. SLCP - I don't know why - and Bill because he was tired of no news on the GNR front ... )

But, whatever their reasons, they're the most at fault for their leaving the Board, not Jarmo, not the ever pissed-off ChrisMisfit, and least of all you.

And nobody's ever gonna kick you off the Board for expressing your opinion the way you did.

Stick around GunnerDownUnder.. you're obviously a class-act for shouldering all of this ...

No.
Chris Misfit
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2004, 04:18:57 AM »

I think you made a mistake for starting the thread. You could have went about it better, ie: Starting a thread in the admin section asking Jarmo or the Mods what the situation was before trying the "Jarmo wants to clean this place, let's all rally round and save our section."

But it's not important, and the reason people left, which I'm still unsure why, has nothing to do with you.
badapple81
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2004, 05:08:30 AM »

I think you made a mistake for starting the thread. You could have went about it better

Thats pretty much what I said and apologise for.

Therefore I do believe it is my fault partly, because I began the hostility by beginning the rally round, as you put it.

Anyway, guess we all move on from here  Huh  peace
Chris Misfit
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2004, 05:16:23 AM »

We should. But there's always a few who will make a big deal of it. I'm not sure what they hope to achieve.

Anyway, rock on!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2004, 08:32:18 AM »

I don't understand what your apologizing for since I had no problems with that thread.....  Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2004, 06:52:48 PM »

He apologizes because he thinks it?s his faul SLC and Bildo left.It?s not his fault at all.They left because they wanted.And they?ll (at least SLC) will come back.If SLC hadnt the intention to come back at least once he would have deleted his user, but he didnt he just named himself Retired.So probably in a few weeks time, calmed down, he will come again.Dont worry.

Baby Slash//

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2004, 10:36:04 PM »

I think admin n' all should be more greatful for all your posting. Why are you apologising for Evolution, that thread is in The Jungle which is off topic, if admin have a stab at you for doing such a thing then they should get rid of The Jungle!!

I know there are some dumb posting from time to time and i realize why you guys (admin) would get pissed off, but IMO after checking out some of the shit you guys reply to the board members here, i think you should be abit more respectfull to us if you have problems with us.

Sometimes i only have a quick 5 mins to log on n' check out whats going on and i might leave a little reply on some topics, maybe just havin' a laugh or say my opinion, but i wonder now, am i just a post booster like you's said in another thread and just a space waister, or do you respect the fact that me and a bunch of dickheads around the world come to your site everyday.

Hey Chris Misfit, it doesnt seem like your mucking around, i think your a rude motherfucker!!!! ok

On this thread we have Jarmo and Chris Misfit saying to two different opinions on the subject by GunnerDownUnder, arnt you both admin Huh, might be better if you sorted it out first, im still confused if he did wrong or not, according to you guys!!!

I dont know how you'll respond but i think you'll be putting me in my spot, keep it fair Wink

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
badapple81
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2004, 03:12:17 AM »

Don't worry about it dude, it's all history dude  Smiley
Chris Misfit
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2004, 03:29:15 AM »

think you should be abit more respectfull to us if you have problems with us.

Jarmo fucking posted it, before action was taken. What do you want us to do? Post letters? Call you all up? Send individual PMs to everyone on the board?

On this thread we have Jarmo and Chris Misfit saying to two different opinions on the subject by GunnerDownUnder, arnt you both admin

Yeah, we're both admin. That doesn't mean we think the same.

And all Jarmo said was he didn't have a problem with the thread. I didn't either, like I said, it's not important,  but it should have been posted here.
Is that o-fucking-k?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't believe I've ever seen you post here before, but you can fuck off somewhere else and start shit.

Chris Misfit
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2004, 03:30:23 AM »

We should. But there's always a few who will make a big deal of it. I'm not sure what they hope to achieve.

Anyway, rock on!

Wise words, Chris!
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2004, 04:17:46 AM »

what have i started Misfit Roll Eyes

your not very good at this Cheesy

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2004, 03:47:01 PM »

Why should the Jungle be cleaned up? It's the motherfucking jungle!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2004, 03:54:41 PM »

Why should the Jungle be cleaned up? It's the motherfucking jungle!

1 - We have rules
2 - Even if it's an off topic section, doesn't mean it should be filled with garbage like "the yes or no thread".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: