Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 12:21:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227857 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  "Greatest Rock&Roll Album of All Time" Survivor - 1990's (Discussion Thread)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Greatest Rock&Roll Album of All Time" Survivor - 1990's (Discussion Thread)  (Read 2942 times)
Neemo
Legend

« on: February 28, 2006, 02:42:23 PM »

Here's where we can talk about the 1990's Album Survivor.

I can't beleive Blind Melon, U2, Alice in Chains, Pumpkins, Radiohead, and Ozzy among otheres didn't make it Shocked But Skid Row does Undecided I Mean i like SkidRow and all but I thought Hair Metal died in the 90's, and U2 was as big as GnR (ooooo, cheap shot hihi )

What can you do though, lotsa good music was around then. and not every can make the cut no

@ Mr.Lee - I hope you like this list a bit better Tongue

Oh yeah another thing to talk about, I think like 5 of top 10 albums are from 1991 and 8 or 9 are before 1995. Would you consider 1996 the beginning of the downswing of Rock?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 02:54:21 PM by Neemo » Logged

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 03:16:48 PM »

SKID ROW WERE ONLY HAIR METAL IN THE 80S. 90S THEY BECAME......BADASS METALHEADS!!! lol

html sucks
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 05:53:16 PM »

SKID ROW WERE ONLY HAIR METAL IN THE 80S. 90S THEY BECAME......BADASS METALHEADS!!! lol

Maybe so.. but they were no where near as good as any of the bands just named up top.

How does Rage get voted off so quickly?  Have you guys heard this album?  It should've moved on for the first 30 seconds of Bombtrack alone!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 06:00:10 PM »

Meh.  Skid Row are class.  Slave To The Grind rules!

Damn you pesky kids! rant

....and you Ignatius (Saying sorry just won't cut it Tongue)
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 07:52:25 PM »

Maybe so.. but they were no where near as good as any of the bands just named up top.

How does Rage get voted off so quickly? Have you guys heard this album? It should've moved on for the first 30 seconds of Bombtrack alone!

damn fuckin straight! WAKE UP people! rant
 Grin

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 11:21:39 PM »

How does Rage get voted off so quickly? Have you guys heard this album? It should've moved on for the first 30 seconds of Bombtrack alone!

Grin

no shit!! I just rediscovered that album after a few years off of my regular rotation and it's a masterpiece, which shouldn't be confused with Piece of Shit (aka Oasis hihi peace )

I love playing "Bombtrack" on guitar and bass it's a brilliant tune, that and "Killing in the Name Of", and "know your enemy", my god what have you voters done!!!! confused If Noal Gallagher ever tried to play that kinda stuff his head would surely explode from incomprehension Grin

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 10:40:07 AM »

Grin

no shit!! I just rediscovered that album after a few years off of my regular rotation and it's a masterpiece, which shouldn't be confused with Piece of Shit (aka Oasis hihi peace )

agreed agreed agreed! I do not like Oasis much...they're no RATM thats for damn sure!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 09:05:39 AM »

Skid Row's Slave is a classic. AFD of the 90s.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 10:18:48 PM »

Skid Row's Slave is a classic. AFD of the 90s.

Damn right. Slave to the Grind is easily my favorite 90s album. Monkey Business, Creepshow, In A Darkened Room, Psycho Love, Slave to the Grind, Wasted Time...  ok

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: