Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:47:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ ASHBA: AXL ROSE Wanted Me To Be A Part Of GUNS N' ROSES Reunion
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ ASHBA: AXL ROSE Wanted Me To Be A Part Of GUNS N' ROSES Reunion  (Read 44303 times)
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2016, 06:38:38 AM »

The kid Duff kicked to the curb was an influence on Duff....Duff's own words. I doubt DJ Assclown ....arghhhhh.

About a week and a half ago, I had the pleasure of hanging out with Tommy Stinson. For those of you who don't know, he is the guy who replaced me in Guns N' Roses. But also for those of you who don't know, Tommy is known to a lot of us music fans for his work in his first band, The Replacements.  

Our meeting last week was by no means the first time we have hung out. No, back in 1983, my band 10 Minute Warning opened for The Replacements right here in Seattle, at the long-defunct punk club Metropolis.

Tommy is a great fucking guy, and I always come away glad when our paths have crossed over the years.

So here is a nod to you my friend. Ladies and gentlemen, may I present, The Replacements:

"Kick Your Door Down" (Sorry Ma! Forgot To Take Out The Trash, 1980): This is the year that American punk rock really started to come into its own. This was also the year that The Replacements put Minneapolis on the map as far as the young rock mind went.

"Left Of The Dial" (Tim, 1985): "Left Of the Dial" is an old term used to inform listeners where college radio was located on the FM number dial read-out. The 'alternative' to everything else was located down there. The Replacements were of course, an alternative to everything else before that term was used simply as a hip marketing term.

"I'll Be You" (Don't Tell A Soul, 1989): This decade was remembered for Prince, Madonna, U2, and Duran Duran. What many of us knew then though was that The Replacements were just plain heroes to the rest of us.

http://www.seattleweekly.com/reverb/2010/10/replacements.php

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2016, 08:19:43 AM »

It wouldn't surprise me if he's flat out lying.

But...

... what if Axl wanted him to stay, but Slash (and maybe Duff) said 'no way, no 3rd guitar player' ?

In that case Ashba can say what he just said without lying, and make himself more important than he really is.

I was watching the Appetite for Democracy DVD the other day (for the first time, bought it when it came out), couldn't stomach more than an hour of it.  There were WAY too many guys on that stage that should never be let near GNR ever again !

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2016, 09:20:20 AM »

I was onboard with the first 'new' GNR... with Freese/Brain, Bucket, Fincke, Tommy, Tobias. I saw this lineup twice and loved them.

I was really disappointed when Brain left. He had incredible groove, still the best drummer this band has had, going back Adler. But Frank has been very solid. I was ok with Fortus... an upgrade over Tobias. When Bucket left, ok, that's too bad. Then when someone called Bumblefoot came in, the performances I was seeing online started to seem more and more like a cover band.

When DJ Ashba came.... and he seems like a nice enough young man.... but it was over for me. A parody of a farce. Looked like a reject from "The Motley Crue Story" or something equally stupid. His playing had no feel, no chemistry at all. Completely lost any reason to follow the band at all. So the idea of him being involved in the reunion would have been an absolute contradiction of the whole thing. Not sure if it's even true. Sounds a bit fishy.

I've seen enough.
wakeup
Headliner

« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2016, 09:48:58 AM »

Dj has had nothing but respect for old Guns, Axl, and every member he played with.  The other thing he has always been respectful is you and I the fans.  He took time to meet many of us and talk as did many of the members who have played in Guns with him.  For any of us fans to be desrespectful of him and turn on him is not the energy he way putting out to us the fans. He left on good terms and as much as he is in the media yea he will get asked about Guns. He is basically the media front man for his band and we will her questions asked its a major part of his playing past.  It's fucking GNR people are going to ask he does not have to bring it up but he keeps it positive also saying somethings that from him we should think are true.  He loved us as fans and he has proved that.  Now show him the respect he gave all of us.  Ok off the box now and to another thread peace
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2016, 10:11:56 AM »

Dj has had nothing but respect for old Guns, Axl, and every member he played with.  The other thing he has always been respectful is you and I the fans.  He took time to meet many of us and talk as did many of the members who have played in Guns with him.  For any of us fans to be desrespectful of him and turn on him is not the energy he way putting out to us the fans. He left on good terms and as much as he is in the media yea he will get asked about Guns. He is basically the media front man for his band and we will her questions asked its a major part of his playing past.  It's fucking GNR people are going to ask he does not have to bring it up but he keeps it positive also saying somethings that from him we should think are true.  He loved us as fans and he has proved that.  Now show him the respect he gave all of us.  Ok off the box now and to another thread peace

I am a GNR fan.  I am not and never was a Ashba fan.  I never asked his respect or love.  He'll never have mine.  He doesn't owe me anything.  I don't owe him anything. 

He can answer questions about GNR all day every day.  As long as he stays away !

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2016, 11:42:11 AM »

Never really cared for him - let's be honest, in ten year's time the most he'll be is a pub quiz question, "Which guitar player joined Guns N' Roses in 2009 and left in 2014?"

That said, we really ought to make a bingo card for this forum.  My suggestions would be boxes for:

a) Annie howling with rage over DJ Asbha's nefarious PR (i.e. answering the only interview questions anyone has interest in asking him)
b) D-Gen using some utterly mystifying expression derived from American sports.  European fans scratch their heads in confusion.
c) HBK posts lots of laughing smilies
d) Emily waves her dictionary around

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2016, 11:51:18 AM »

I am a GNR fan.  I am not and never was a Ashba fan.  I never asked his respect or love.  He'll never have mine.  He doesn't owe me anything.  I don't owe him anything. 

He can answer questions about GNR all day every day.  As long as he stays away !

Ok...given your user name, given what dj is now doing, and given your comments....you have to laugh and chuckle at the irony here, right?

I know its all circumstantial/coincidental...but it makes it no less funny.

Edit: given some f the music "news" sites propensity for plucking headlbes from the gnr boards, i now ece t a "tension between asbha and sixx:am lead singer: Nikki Sixx slags ashba in statement" any second.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 11:55:10 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2016, 11:53:14 AM »

DJ Ashba as part of the partial reunion? would that mean him instead of Richard or a three guitar player band (like 2001-2014)?

For this version of the band... can't see him having any role really.

If anything he must've been the rhythm guitarist, as Slash is doing all the solos (plus more) that Ashba did in the band.

Richard handles the Bucket stuff, Ashba couldn't do that.

Yeah, i'm with you. I just cant see a logical fit for him in this lineup.

I liked DJ well enough. He seems like a nice guy, and i think he handled his departure really well! But, at the end of the day, Slash rejoining didnt leave anything for dj to actually do....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2016, 12:33:07 PM »

Don't bet against him getting back in if it all goes tits up with Slash or the other guy,GnR must have had more guitarists than any band in history so I would not be surprised to see him back in the band at some point, be it temporarily or full time.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2016, 12:53:18 PM »

Wow. I am speechless. Does this guy have any shame? he should audition for a role as Frank Gallagher's long lost illegitimate son in SHAMELESS. talk about reinventing the past. just saying...
Somebody wants to boost record and ticket sales.

Reinventing the past?  Are you saying he is lying about Axl asking him to be a part of this?  Why would someone who has been nothing but respectful to the band the last 7 years start making up lies about them?

Don't believe everything DJ says...  GnR hasn't said one word about DJ, yet he keeps bringing up GnR time and time again.   There's youtube clips of him saying Sixx am is not a touring band, has said GnR was his main focus and he wasn't going anywhere.... now Slash is back, since DJ quit the band.

OK, but to make up a blatant lie like this is a potential friendship killer with the GNR guys, why would he do that?  I believe he was asked only because it makes zero sense and goes against his personality to make this up.

yes, good point

ashba: blah blah blah

gnr: that mother fucker! you all hated him anyway!

gnr fans: fuuuuck yooooou ashbaaaa! fuuuuuuck yooooou!

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2016, 01:15:31 PM »

I think he's telling the truth.

Axl: "Yeah, Slash came back, so now you need to get rid of your tophat and to be behind Dizzy in the stage with your guitar volume off. But hey, Id love to have you in the band!"

Ashba: "Yeah man, me too. I have tons of demos and songs waiting for you to record"

Axl: "Yeah, totally not doing that. But hey, I let you hear my stuff again"

Ashba: "Would I still have paycheck?"

Axl: "Why?"

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2016, 01:37:42 PM »

respect 2 dj, but he is bordering on being a 80's parody-guy. doesn't fit modern gnr as of now imo, just my 2 credatz peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
JustanUrchin
Headliner

« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2016, 06:26:21 PM »

The kid Duff kicked to the curb was an influence on Duff....Duff's own words. I doubt DJ Assclown ....arghhhhh.

About a week and a half ago, I had the pleasure of hanging out with Tommy Stinson. For those of you who don't know, he is the guy who replaced me in Guns N' Roses. But also for those of you who don't know, Tommy is known to a lot of us music fans for his work in his first band, The Replacements.  

Our meeting last week was by no means the first time we have hung out. No, back in 1983, my band 10 Minute Warning opened for The Replacements right here in Seattle, at the long-defunct punk club Metropolis.

Tommy is a great fucking guy, and I always come away glad when our paths have crossed over the years.

So here is a nod to you my friend. Ladies and gentlemen, may I present, The Replacements:

"Kick Your Door Down" (Sorry Ma! Forgot To Take Out The Trash, 1980): This is the year that American punk rock really started to come into its own. This was also the year that The Replacements put Minneapolis on the map as far as the young rock mind went.

"Left Of The Dial" (Tim, 1985): "Left Of the Dial" is an old term used to inform listeners where college radio was located on the FM number dial read-out. The 'alternative' to everything else was located down there. The Replacements were of course, an alternative to everything else before that term was used simply as a hip marketing term.

"I'll Be You" (Don't Tell A Soul, 1989): This decade was remembered for Prince, Madonna, U2, and Duran Duran. What many of us knew then though was that The Replacements were just plain heroes to the rest of us.

http://www.seattleweekly.com/reverb/2010/10/replacements.php

That's not quite how many remember the '80's, musically, anyhow.  I remember (as well as quite a few others) that decade as Metallica, Skid Row, Junkyard, AC/DC, and Gn'R.

Duff?s brothers were also his musical influences.  So was Cameo.  According to your logic, that makes his brothers and the Cameo backline his suitable replacement.  The Replacements were a college station band.  For those that dug them, great.  By your logic, if Axl quits the band and he has been influenced by Westerberg, then Duff should hire Westerberg as a logical fit to rock the Gn?R mic.

Ashba rocked the stage when last I saw the band.  Seems like a cool dude, too.  Stinson, for me, not so much on either count.  It?s beyond me why anyone is ragging on Ashba.  His profession is music.  People speak openly about their professions, both publicly and privately.  In America, anyhow.  I can?t speak for dictatorships.

Duff?s back in his band.  So is Slash.  Judging by stadium ticket sales, that?s a huge deal to Gn?R fans.  In fact, so much so, that Gn?R has added second stadium shows in NJ, Chicago and Foxborough.  That?s a far cry from half-empty arenas in the U.S. with Ashba-Stinson, et al.

8.30.88 Pocono Downs
6.11.91 Hershey
12.6.02 Philly riot
11.20.11 Mohegan Sun
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2016, 10:42:22 PM »

Ashba is a good player. Slash is a great player. He didn't write anything with Gn'R that we know of... and he never quite fit in to be honest.

I never liked him. He came off way too "tryhard" on the edgy factor. All the tatoos and his style in general didn't appeal to me. I just never liked him. Thank God he isn't included.

They made the correct decisions with the lineup. This lineup is as good as the Post Izzy UYI lineup.

Ashba is a bum.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2016, 02:29:47 AM »

Ok...given your user name, given what dj is now doing, and given your comments....you have to laugh and chuckle at the irony here, right?

I know its all circumstantial/coincidental...but it makes it no less funny.

Edit: given some f the music "news" sites propensity for plucking headlbes from the gnr boards, i now ece t a "tension between asbha and sixx:am lead singer: Nikki Sixx slags ashba in statement" any second.

uh, no ?  Ashba has nothing to do with classic Motley Crue ('81-'91) ...

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2016, 02:54:28 AM »

and he never quite fit in to be honest.

not quite, he was eyecandy to the ladies and nostalgia-guys. Tongue

dj was just a 'additional musician' in my eyes, like tracy and roberta. the shows was for entertainment, so
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 02:57:10 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2016, 03:15:27 AM »

I liked him. And lets be honest, the guy can write great music.

Ballad of death & Mi Amor for example, i can always enjoy them.

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2016, 06:43:09 AM »

Never really cared for him - let's be honest, in ten year's time the most he'll be is a pub quiz question, "Which guitar player joined Guns N' Roses in 2009 and left in 2014?"

That said, we really ought to make a bingo card for this forum.  My suggestions would be boxes for:

a) Annie howling with rage over DJ Asbha's nefarious PR (i.e. answering the only interview questions anyone has interest in asking him)
b) D-Gen using some utterly mystifying expression derived from American sports.  European fans scratch their heads in confusion.
c) HBK posts lots of laughing smilies
d) Emily waves her dictionary around

Hahahahaha

I was on another board and we were talking politics, and one of the guys asks "do you know any other analogies other than sports?"

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2016, 07:06:48 AM »

I liked DJ well enough. He seems like a nice guy, and i think he handled his departure really well! But, at the end of the day, Slash rejoining didnt leave anything for dj to actually do....

You would be surprised if you knew how many jobs there are with absolutely nothing to do. But you must report for work to get paid.

I always liked him and still do.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2016, 08:42:36 AM »

You would be surprised if you knew how many jobs there are with absolutely nothing to do. But you must report for work to get paid.

I always liked him and still do.
+1 ok And I'll get to see him in about 5 weeks time  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: