Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:13:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227894 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ ASHBA: AXL ROSE Wanted Me To Be A Part Of GUNS N' ROSES Reunion
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ ASHBA: AXL ROSE Wanted Me To Be A Part Of GUNS N' ROSES Reunion  (Read 44310 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2016, 09:30:42 AM »

I hated that he wore a top hat and did those ridiculous hulk hogan ears before Jungle ....

But I don't have a stong opinion of him as a member because he was never on any GNR music. I simply don't see how he would be a good fit with this current formation. I think the current set up is the absolute perfect mix of members going forward.

As for DJ,  he comes off quite personable and him talking about his career does not bother me in any way.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Annie
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2016, 09:59:35 AM »

The reason I get so upset about the way DJ has put a spin on his departure was that I genuinely liked him in GNR.  I listened to some of the audio stream for Prayers for the Damned last night on YouTube.  It is extremely mediocre. Nothing special about it at all.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2016, 10:00:25 AM »

In all seriousness, I think the guy isnt a bad person. I just think he didn't contribute with anything I liked. He represents everything that's unnoriginal and vanilla in rock n' roll today.

I liked him. And lets be honest, the guy can write great music.

Ballad of death & Mi Amor for example, i can always enjoy them.
Lets be honest, both are terrible.

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2016, 10:02:16 AM »

if i die tomorrow was pretty good, afaik he wrote it

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2016, 10:04:20 AM »

Never really cared for him - let's be honest, in ten year's time the most he'll be is a pub quiz question, "Which guitar player joined Guns N' Roses in 2009 and left in 2014?"

That said, we really ought to make a bingo card for this forum.  My suggestions would be boxes for:

a) Annie howling with rage over DJ Asbha's nefarious PR (i.e. answering the only interview questions anyone has interest in asking him)
b) D-Gen using some utterly mystifying expression derived from American sports.  European fans scratch their heads in confusion.
c) HBK posts lots of laughing smilies
d) Emily waves her dictionary around

Haha! Cheesy

As for Ashba, it's not surprising he is giving interviews and talking, he does have an album coming out and a tour- GNR is a hot topic and guaranteed to get clicks.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Homefuck
Opening Act

« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2016, 10:27:58 AM »

Just listened to those "songs" for the first and last time. If you appreciate those songs there's a MOUNTAIN of musical pleasure that you can find in bad japanese action-games with bad japanese heavy metal-throwaway-stuff on the soundtracks. Good luck!
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2016, 12:02:49 PM »

He represents everything that's unnoriginal and vanilla in rock n' roll today.

Times change and there is no real rock n' roll anymore. Only smartphones and YouTube.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2016, 12:03:34 PM »

I hated that he wore a top hat and did those ridiculous hulk hogan ears before Jungle ....

But I don't have a stong opinion of him as a member because he was never on any GNR music. I simply don't see how he would be a good fit with this current formation. I think the current set up is the absolute perfect mix of members going forward.

As for DJ,  he comes off quite personable and him talking about his career does not bother me in any way.

He's essentially the Chi Dem era's Gilby Clarke. Maybe a notch below, since at least Gilby was on a covers album.  I found his over the top crowd pandering/Hogan ears to be a huge distraction, and uncharacteristic of Guns N' Roses....And I'm a Buckethead fan, which says a lot in regard to my threshold for "different".
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2016, 12:50:14 PM »

He represents everything that's unnoriginal and vanilla in rock n' roll today.

Times change and there is no real rock n' roll anymore. Only smartphones and YouTube.
This doesnt mean anything. What I meant is that we had original and creative guitar players before - Izzy, Slash, Robin, Bucket, Bumble - and he just wasn't one of them.

He's essentially the Chi Dem era's Gilby Clarke. Maybe a notch below, since at least Gilby was on a covers album.
Well, Ashba was on the DVD release, tho. In the other hand, Gilby was on the Illusions VHS and all the videos.

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2016, 01:57:03 PM »

This doesnt mean anything. What I meant is that we had original and creative guitar players before - Izzy, Slash, Robin, Bucket, Bumble - and he just wasn't one of them.

Ahh, I see your point. I don't know just having seen DJ playing live a couple of times and all those interviews may have clouded my judgment. There are a couple of times though when TIL went just amazingly.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2016, 03:40:18 PM »

Ahh, I see your point. I don't know just having seen DJ playing live a couple of times and all those interviews may have clouded my judgment. There are a couple of times though when TIL went just amazingly.
Fair enough. I can understand why people may like him, I really do. I'm just not one of them.

firecracker69
Opening Act

« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2016, 05:11:51 PM »

He was likely asked and therefore answered. I don't see the comments he made as disrespectful or lies. I see them as giving credit to his boss by saying Axl offered or wanted him to be a part. Playing a part could mean many things. It could mean guest appearances or CD songs only etc. I wouldn't expect Axl to just be like btw Slash and Duff are coming back so bye. These guys were with him through a lot and so it's honorable of Axl and the right thing to do.
I also think DJ as a fan was respectful to Slash. Clearly he's a fan of the band as well.
Annie
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2016, 05:28:52 PM »

DJ Ashba is a fan of DJ Aahba.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2016, 06:14:01 PM »

We. Get. It.

Please stay out of all Dj related topics.
Thank you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2016, 07:06:38 PM »

Wow-- there is some whack-jobs on here.

There doesn't have to be an agenda or a conspiracy everytime someone mentions Axl Rose. The guy was being interviewed FFS... and answered some questions. And what he said was impressive, and if true (which we have no reason to believe it isnt) then standing aside as a fan of the band who wanted to see it get back together is very gracious.

NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2016, 07:15:58 PM »

DJ Ashba is a fan of DJ Aahba.

Yes and you seem to be your own biggest fan. What's your point? Oh wait, forgot. As you were hanging out with you millionaire friends you looked into DJ's eyes and saw that he had no soul.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2016, 07:36:59 PM »

I always thought Ballad of Death would be a good song for Axl/GNR to put lyrics too.

Based on what DJ said, I wonder if GNR is currently in the market for a third guitarist to redo the stuff in the vault that Bucket and/or Robin wrote so that they can release CD II with Richard and Slash and #3??

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2016, 08:35:33 PM »

There doesn't have to be an agenda or a conspiracy everytime someone mentions Axl Rose. The guy was being interviewed FFS... and answered some questions. And what he said was impressive, and if true (which we have no reason to believe it isnt) then standing aside as a fan of the band who wanted to see it get back together is very gracious.

I agree with this.  Talk about getting shit twisted.  Sixx AM just releases a new album, of course he's going to do interviews and he has every right to talk about his history.  Nothing self serving about it.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2016, 08:40:02 PM »

I agree with this.  Talk about getting shit twisted.  Sixx AM just releases a new album, of course he's going to do interviews and he has every right to talk about his history.  Nothing self serving about it.

haha exactly... imagine the shit storm on here, if he actually sounded dirty about the band getting back together!  Wink

The poor guy can't win either way. 
StoneTempleRoses
Rocker

Axl Was Here

« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2016, 09:50:23 PM »

In all seriousness, I think the guy isnt a bad person. I just think he didn't contribute with anything I liked. He represents everything that's unnoriginal and vanilla in rock n' roll today.

Lets be honest, both are terrible.

There was a time when DJ wasn't those things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQjUQmAwMAo

It sucks that he showed so little in GN'R I loved him before he joined and I thought It was going to be awesome when he joined but I admit he didn't show anything very impressive with the band. He's much better doing his own solos than copying other peoples.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: