Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 08:41:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Illusion (A Hard Rock Band that are not EMO)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Illusion (A Hard Rock Band that are not EMO)  (Read 2201 times)
anythinggoes
« on: May 08, 2006, 11:33:06 AM »

These are friends of mine im not part of the band see what you think. Fletch is a long time School friend of mine he is big into GNR and gutted he cant make Download and Ireland with me. Musical Influences for this band are as follows Iron Maiden Savatage Guns N Roses Malmsteen Metallica Dragon Force Judas Priest

http://www.myspace.com/musicofillusion

Emerging from the British music scene in 2005, Illusion, a band thats genre has proven hard to define, has been described as Metal for the 21st century. Their current album 'Labyrinth' delivers an eclectic mix of fast paced Metal in the title track Labyrinth with the contrasting song 'Skin Deep' providing a harrowing melodic expression of emotion. In essence Illusion has something innovative, exciting and ultimately new to show the world.
Friends since senior school, Andy, Fletch and Steve formed a band in 1996, initially taking centre stage to play the likes of Metallica, Iron Maiden and the much loved Guns N Roses. It was at this time Andy penned the music and lyrics for 'By your Side' a track that has grown to become a favourite within the group. With the pressure of career choices looming the band split to pursue University degrees, Andy a born engineer, Steve a design genius and Fletcher with his passion for the women happened upon Southampton to study the fairer sex and indulge in drug and drink fuelled binges.

It wasn't until November 2004 that Andy, the stronghold of the group rounded us up with his new set of songs and refined music, to form 'Illusion'. The addition of Locke in early 2005 to provide the percussion, has given the much need depth and timing to our established songs.

With our album Labyrinth currently being recorded we aim to show the world what music has been missing.

We look forward to your support
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 09:40:36 AM by anythinggoes » Logged
anythinggoes
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 04:59:37 AM »

Wanted to give this a bump as they have been playing some gigs now and are starting to sound pretty good non of this emo crap here i tell you see what you think
anythinggoes
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 09:40:15 AM »

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BQVEQ7FM

Above is a Link to one of thier shows recorded by Myself at The Shed in Leicster on the 21/10/2006. If your interested Give them a go to describe thier music can be hard if you think Iron Maiden youd be on the right lines they are not quite Metal but are a harder Rock Band

Also check out thier Myspace site http://www.myspace.com/musicofillusion for 3 Studio recorded songs from their EP.

?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 09:43:05 AM by anythinggoes » Logged
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 10:01:15 AM »

listened to labyrinth (i think)  not my cup o' tea
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 12:21:54 PM »

"A band that's genre has proven hard to define"

Ehhh. sounds like Power Metal(Maiden/Dio) To me. They're okay, I like the guitar work but the vocals don't really do anything for me.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: