Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:29:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track  (Read 281533 times)
jaknudsen
Rocker

I'm a mule!

« Reply #1600 on: November 03, 2008, 02:47:42 AM »

Norway's largest music oriented radio (P3) has put CD on their B-list: http://www2.nrk.no/spillelister40/sending.aspx?prog=667&tid=2008-10-30%2000:00:00Z

Maybe the A-list next week?  peace

looooooooove's sooooo straaange

2006-06-28 Oslo, NOR
2010-06-02 Oslo, NOR
2018-07-19 Oslo, NOR
2022-06-15 Stavanger, NOR
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #1601 on: November 03, 2008, 05:38:04 AM »

But what is this?

Guns N' Roses ? Chinese democracy
(W Axl Rose + Josh Freese)
From album: Murray Street
GEFFEN

Huh Murray Street? Josh Freese?

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #1602 on: November 03, 2008, 05:45:04 AM »

Well the Josh part is easy. Josh worked for Axl for about 3 years. Don't know about the murray street part.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1603 on: November 17, 2008, 12:16:56 PM »

Obviously, being the title track that's really going to introduce a lot of people to the album. This I am sure was the main reasoning for this decision. But I was also thinking over the weekend that we are still about a month away from the album coming out...just about enough time to release an even more powerful single like Better or Street of Dreams about a week before the release. What do you guys think about that?

Yeah, i think we could easily see another single as early as around Nov 10th or so.  I think it would be a good move as well as it will draw in even more people and those who might not be big fans of CD.

No way, that would be terrible. They need to let this single stretch as far as it goes. When it starts dropping off the charts and losing major airplay, then you push another single.

You don't release 2 singles within 3 weeks of eachother, terrible marketing.

Still think it's a terrible move?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1604 on: November 17, 2008, 12:18:44 PM »

Well the Josh part is easy. Josh worked for Axl for about 3 years. Don't know about the murray street part.

Yup, Josh was the original replacement for Matt Scrotum.   Think it was more like 2 years, but he supposed to have recorded 30 songs and then Brain had to basically replicate them.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1605 on: November 17, 2008, 02:14:14 PM »

Yup, Josh was the original replacement for Matt Scrotum.   Think it was more like 2 years, but he supposed to have recorded 30 songs and then Brain had to basically replicate them.

and josh also wrote the title song together with axl, that's why he's mentioned
BatVin
Opening Act

« Reply #1606 on: November 17, 2008, 02:52:31 PM »

Anyone here has tabs for final version of Chinese Democracy? I would love to see it in guitar pro Smiley
Kodak
Opening Act

« Reply #1607 on: December 08, 2008, 10:57:53 AM »

does anyone know what dizzy and stinson are singin during the last verse in the song ?

"you think you got it all locked up inside " verse that aint in the booklet.

anyways ,about 3/4 in to each line except for one . dizzy and tommy keep repeating something but im not sure what t is

anyone know ? Smiley

Saber idiomas es tener cultura . quel que chose que je pense todas las d?as
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #1608 on: December 08, 2008, 02:07:43 PM »

does anyone know what dizzy and stinson are singin during the last verse in the song ?

anyways ,about 3/4 in to each line except for one . dizzy and tommy keep repeating something but im not sure what t is

anyone know ? Smiley

That's an easy one. They sing: "It don't really matter".

Changing subject, there's something bizarre on 0:34. You can clearly hear some guy saying in portuguese: "filha da puta, v?i!", which means "son of a bitch, man!"
I think that's Fernando's voice.

Because of that I realized the beginning of the song (all those whispers) means some kind of conspiration, like starting a revolution against an oppressor. And just like the hole album you can see that as China's authoritarian government or some person/people. Axl is a genius!

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1609 on: December 08, 2008, 02:11:36 PM »

I gather the wispers are not only chinese.
Kodak
Opening Act

« Reply #1610 on: December 08, 2008, 09:22:11 PM »

anyone know ? Smiley

That's an easy one. They sing: "It don't really matter".

thanks man  beer   p.s. good theory

Kodak
Opening Act

« Reply #1611 on: December 10, 2008, 10:14:04 PM »

I had pracitce for the holiday variety show after school today.and the act after me is the chinese students at our high school from bejing talking about the chinese new year.Afterwards while standing around in the lobby , I approached them and asked them if they'd listen to the start of "Chinese Democracy " .their english isnt the greatest yet but they're comin along pretty good.

ANYWAYS .. alot of the words they couldnt translate to english , some things they'd laugh and repeat and I guess its a bunch of broken down sentences ..

one thing they could tell me though is i guess one of the very first things said is whats in the title

speak!speak!can you speak ? ..i thought that was neat ,just thought I'd share  Smiley

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1612 on: December 10, 2008, 10:20:21 PM »

Can't speak thanks to the brutal government.

Good line to be used.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1613 on: December 10, 2008, 10:37:21 PM »

HAHAHA thought this thread was goin in a different direction.

That is really cool though.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #1614 on: December 10, 2008, 10:45:34 PM »

Um, I don't get it. What's this thread about?  Roll Eyes

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1615 on: December 10, 2008, 10:48:22 PM »

chinese democracy - the song I guess

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
suntorytime
Rocker

Kiyoshiro Forever

« Reply #1616 on: December 11, 2008, 08:29:53 AM »

I had pracitce for the holiday variety show after school today.and the act after me is the chinese students at our high school from bejing talking about the chinese new year.Afterwards while standing around in the lobby , I approached them and asked them if they'd listen to the start of "Chinese Democracy " .their english isnt the greatest yet but they're comin along pretty good.

ANYWAYS .. alot of the words they couldnt translate to english , some things they'd laugh and repeat and I guess its a bunch of broken down sentences ..

one thing they could tell me though is i guess one of the very first things said is whats in the title

speak!speak!can you speak ? ..i thought that was neat ,just thought I'd share  Smiley

among them there's one japanese man saying something, 'blah, blah..........yeah, to tell the truth, blah blah......'
Kodak
Opening Act

« Reply #1617 on: December 12, 2008, 10:48:14 AM »

Um, I don't get it. What's this thread about?  Roll Eyes
did you take time to read my post ? lol

i asked chinese students at my high school if they knew what the chinese speaking at the start of chinese democracy was.

i thought it was neat myself and thought id share with the rest of you  Smiley

Kodak
Opening Act

« Reply #1618 on: December 12, 2008, 10:49:09 AM »

among them there's one japanese man saying something, 'blah, blah..........yeah, to tell the truth, blah blah......'

haha thats awesome,thanx for sharing.i think itd be neat to know what they were all saying

The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #1619 on: December 18, 2008, 09:55:48 AM »

I'm surprised that not a soul has discussed this song after the album dropped. This song is the album opener and deserves alot of credit. It's an energetic, kick-ass, irresistable rocker that gets my adrenaline pumping every time I listen to it. The intro is brilliant, the riff is genius the vocals on the verses are outstanding. Adding Axl's high voice harmonizing with the low one was a brilliant move. Oh, and one more thing: Robin and Bucket's solo on this one is probably one of the best on the whole album, possibly in the top three with TWAT and Sorry. Love the bluesy feel at the beginning of the solo. Finally, the lyrics are cool as fuck and the vocals on "even with your iron fist" are awesome. Overall, this is a song that deserves more credit than it gets. It's the perfect album opener, and one of the best rockers GN'R has put out in my opinion.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: