Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 07:28:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227839 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Xbox or PS2?
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Xbox or PS2?  (Read 9952 times)
SLCPUNK
« on: March 27, 2006, 10:44:38 PM »

Which one is better in your opinion?

Gonna buy one tonight.

Need feedback, thanks..........
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 10:50:34 PM »

Hm.

Why buy something outdated?

I would suggest waiting for either a XBOX360 or PS3. (Maybe even the Revolution)

If your just playing for fun... I'd get the PS2. More games.

gnrevolution.com
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 10:51:22 PM »

If u are gonna play Online Definitely 100 percent Xbox.

Xbox is the best cause with PS2 u have to buy memory cards which sucks but the Xbox ?has like a 40 Gig hardrive or somewhere in that range and u just save the games and dont have to worry bout feeling up the hard drive cause its impossible.

U can also download music into the Xbox and listen to it while u play.

Xbox Live also is by far the greatest online experience if u are into gaming online.

Xbox has better graphics, PS2 has a few more titles I suppose but if i had to choose one definitely Xbox.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 10:55:34 PM »

Hm.

Why buy something outdated?

My wife wants to buy one right now, tonight (who am I to say no).

But I have no idea about either one of them

Buying "outdated" isn't a big deal since our last video game was PS1.  Tongue

If u are gonna play Online Definitely 100 percent Xbox.

Xbox is the best cause with PS2 u have to buy memory cards which sucks but the Xbox  has like a 40 Gig hardrive or somewhere in that range and u just save the games and dont have to worry bout feeling up the hard drive cause its impossible.

U can also download music into the Xbox and listen to it while u play.

Xbox Live also is by far the greatest online experience if u are into gaming online.

Xbox has better graphics, PS2 has a few more titles I suppose but if i had to choose one definitely Xbox.

Xbox sounds like it may be better.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 10:59:38 PM »

memory cards get expensive as hell dude, cause once they feel up u gotta either delete stuff or go buy new ones and u have kids who i assume are also gonna be playing it and Xbox is better all the way around just cause of the memory card issue.

some didnt like Xbox cause of the controller which use to be bulky as hell, but they sell the nice comfortable smaller controllers now.

Also a cool thing about Xbox is, say u have Xbox Live and u buy a game that has a bug in it or it has some kind of flaw.

Xbox releases patches and all u have to do is download the patch and the game is fixed and the bug is removed.

For instance I was a huge Golf player online and every month Xbox would invent new courses and u could pay like 5 bucks and download brand new courses if u wanted which made the replay value go even higher.

With PS2 if a game is flawed or something isnt quite right with it, u just have to live with it.

SuperMike
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 11:01:06 PM »

I think PS2 has better games.

Edit:

If you're a freak for sport games them get XBox, both are cool in their own ways.

No video game consoles are outdated for me.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 11:03:04 PM by SuperMike » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 11:02:20 PM »

memory cards get expensive as hell dude, cause once they feel up u gotta either delete stuff or go buy new ones and u have kids who i assume are also gonna be playing it and Xbox is better all the way around just cause of the memory card issue.

some didnt like Xbox cause of the controller which use to be bulky as hell, but they sell the nice comfortable smaller controllers now.

Also a cool thing about Xbox is, say u have Xbox Live and u buy a game that has a bug in it or it has some kind of flaw.

Xbox releases patches and all u have to do is download the patch and the game is fixed and the bug is removed.

For instance I was a huge Golf player online and every month Xbox would invent new courses and u could pay like 5 bucks and download brand new courses if u wanted which made the replay value go even higher.

With PS2 if a game is flawed or something isnt quite right with it, u just have to live with it.

You are gonna laugh but this will stay in the bedroom for the adults.............haha

I doubt we will be saving tons of games. It will probably be just her playing and not me too much.

I like the update patch thing too.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 11:02:57 PM »

I think PS2 has better games.

How much do games cost vs xbox?
SuperMike
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 11:05:16 PM »

You can get older PS2 ones for like 20 bucks.

My favorite type of games are action/adventure.

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 11:09:40 PM »

They're pretty much the same.  Are you gonna get the 360?
gunner333
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 11:14:41 PM »

slcpunk,trust me.buy a ps2.its amazing.i bought one a couple years ago.and i still enjoy playing it.ps2 have a large variate of games.you can choose any game you want.they also have some exclusives...games that you cant buy on x-box. ps2 is alot cheaper too.its alot better then an x-box.buy ps2 dude.trust me on this one.
MCT
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 11:15:27 PM »

Trust him.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2006, 11:26:02 PM »

I would say go for an Xbox .almost evry game on the ps2 that is good you can get on an xbox. plus you'll get better graphics.

Plus with the built in hard drive you can do so very cool hacks . ok

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Sterlingdog
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2006, 11:30:49 PM »

My husband has had a PS2 for years and has been happy with it.  My sister's kids play XBOX all day.  I haven't seen a big difference, but I'm not a game nut.

I don't know if this is true, but I heard the other day that the newest version of XBOX will not play the older games. 
SLCPUNK
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2006, 11:34:14 PM »

Hmm...It all sounds good.

I am no game nut by any means. This will probably be for me wife, who is not too picky either.

Looks like we won't get it tonight, but in the next day or so.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2006, 11:57:26 PM »

Virtually every game that comes out is available for the PS2 and XBox.? both systems have exclusive titles, but no titles ring a bell that are noteworthy for the PS2.? Halo is a very popular X-Box only title, but I've never played it and I doubt it's a game your family would enjoy (It's a multi-player shoot em up, reminiscent of doom.)? Like D said, the X-Box owns in terms of multi-player and online play; no one can argue otherwise.? Graphically the XBox is superior and there is no difference in price on games between the systems.? I own both systems and prefer the X-Box over the PS2.? However, I do feel that the PS2 is more controller friendly and more games do exist for the PS2, but not enough to give it a huge edge.? Most video games are straight garbabge and the PS2 just happens to have a lot more garbage games because of that.? However, you said that you have a PS1 and the PS2 will allow you to play all of your PS1 games on that system.? Also, Microsoft is no longer going to provide titles for the XBOX (but 3rd parties surely will) while Sony has an excellent reputation for sticking with their systems well after they've released the newer system.? Generally the XBox is viewed as an adult system while the PS2 is more in line with teenagers to young adults.? Regardless of what system you get, you'll be satisfied as they both essentially do the same thing.? IMO, for what it's worth, I'd go with the XBox but to each their own.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2006, 12:56:54 AM »

PS2 for the massive game library. Xbox has hardly anything worth playing. Plus do you really wanna support Bill Gates?

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2006, 01:53:15 AM »

Well since your just buying causual..

I would highly suggest a PS2. Biggest library, support, ect. Memory cards are not at all a huge deal.

Xbox is also exellent. Halo 2 cannot be beat.

Which ever one you buy you will be satisfied with.

Xbox = great sports titles, Halo 2, best online interface (for $$!)

PS2 = GTA, Metal Gear Solid 3, great 3rd party support.

gnrevolution.com
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2006, 02:04:09 AM »

If you get a modded XBox you can watch videos and listen mp3's etc.

Ps2 is my favorite tho, but I might be getting a modded xBox soon.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2006, 02:56:25 AM »

Xbox. If u can afford it, the Xbox 360.

Fuck 'Em All.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2006, 03:03:14 AM »

Xbox. If u can afford it, the Xbox 360.

What is the price difference?

badapple81
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2006, 03:52:03 AM »

Well in Australia the 360 is like $600 (AU) and the XBOX you can pick up for like $200 (AU).

The 360 is of course much better as it's new technology so the graphics are more advanced. I guess they will stop making games for the Xbox soon too. I'm guessing the 360 price will drop in a few months as it's a brand new thing now. I'd go for that simply because it will last longer in terms of being able to buy the latest games for it. You'll only be able to buy old games for the xbox soon.

I had both the xbox and PS2 at different times and I'd probably go for the xbox, I thought the graphics were that tad bit better, and of course you don't have to mess around with memory cards which are so 90s  hihi
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2006, 04:08:49 AM »

I'd go for the Xbox. All the really good games on PS2 are available for Xbox too, but then there's stuff like Halo 1 and 2 that you can't get on PS2. Plus the controller is better for Xbox, in my opinion.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2006, 05:56:14 AM »

What is the price difference?

Xbox 360 is $400 from Newegg.com and the Xbox is $170/$180 from Newegg.com.

Newegg is a excellent site for buying computer stuff and consoles. I recommend waiting for the 360.

Fuck 'Em All.
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2006, 11:53:18 AM »

We have an X-box and about 100 games.  My kids *think* I'm going to buy them a 360, but they are very wrong.  hihi

On top of the cost of the 360, I think you need to buy something so that the old games will work in the 360, don't ya?

Why don't you just....
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2006, 01:03:55 PM »

On top of the cost of the 360, I think you need to buy something so that the old games will work in the 360, don't ya?

I have a solution: use the Xbox you already have! Cheesy

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
mallrat
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2006, 01:28:38 PM »

Not that I know of.Their are some games that aren't playable from the first Xbox though.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2006, 01:31:59 PM »

Always online the XBOX.

For games u want PS2. I'd wait for PS3 though. With PS2, you have speciality games such as Devil May Cry which you cant get with XBOX. However XBOX had Halo which rocks but Devil May Cry kicks Halo's ass anyday

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2006, 02:18:30 PM »

Xbox 360 is the new console that just came out, my brother has one and it is simply unbelievable.

Ive owned both a PS2 and I sold it to buy an Xbox.

Both are great systems, Its not like one is a piece of shit and the other one dwarfs it by comparison but I know with the PS2 i got sick of the memory card issue. that shit drove me crazy, plus PS2 online sucks.

Xbox u have to have broadband to be on live therefore 9 out of 10 times the games run smooth as hell online.

PS2 u can have a 56k modem and  playing with those dudes is the most aggravating shit ever.

Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2006, 02:24:36 PM »

Most people dis the Xbox since they believe that any product Microsoft puts out is crap (Partly true). However, IMO the Xbox is as good as the PS2, if not better. As for the Xbox 360, nothing comes close. Certainly not until Sony puts out PS3 that is...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 02:27:31 PM by Genesis » Logged

Fuck 'Em All.
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2006, 03:18:39 PM »

I have a solution: use the Xbox you already have! Cheesy

Great idea - I need more shit around the TV.  Tongue  Eh, what do I care, it's in the game room, not the family room so it's not in my way.  The 360 does have unbelievable graphics, but still the X-box is way better than my damn atari that I had growing up.  Grin

Why don't you just....
gunner333
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2006, 05:13:51 PM »

buy ps2.its cheaper and better.ps2 canadain is 139.x-box canadain is 199.ps2 has god of war one of the greatest games ever made for ps2.god of war is only exclusive for ps2.and they have resident evil 4.exclusive for ps2.and that won spike tv's video game of the year award.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2006, 09:35:04 PM »

buy ps2.its cheaper and better.ps2 canadain is 139.x-box canadain is 199.ps2 has god of war one of the greatest games ever made for ps2.god of war is only exclusive for ps2.and they have resident evil 4.exclusive for ps2.and that won spike tv's video game of the year award.

Actually Resident Evil 4 was exclusive for the GameCube for a year and a port was made for the PS2. So... Resident Evil 4 exists on the GC and PS2.  God of War is a good game but so is Halo and it exists only for the Xbox just like Mario and Zelda only exist on nintendo consoles.  Exclusive titles only hold any importance when you actually want to play that title.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2006, 09:39:09 PM »

Between these two, I'd go with the PS2 because you have alot more games to choose from.

I think the PS3 will be very cool though. ok

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Megaguns
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2006, 09:42:53 PM »

XBOX all the way! I used to have a ps2 and i thought it was the shit until i got an xbox,
we are talking about microsoft vs sony here. Microsoft is always gonna win..... What ever happened to that sega dreamcast? i thought it wasnt that bad.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2006, 11:08:54 PM »

Does everyone remember when Nintendo ruled the world?

Fuck these days u couldnt give me a GameCube for free.

Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2006, 11:11:00 PM »

Ah, the days of Mario.

Fuck 'Em All.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2006, 11:31:00 PM »

Fuck these days u couldnt give me a GameCube for free.

I remember  Cry

gnrevolution.com
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2006, 11:38:33 PM »

Ah, the days of Mario.

Yeah.......I remember! yes I can remeber when the hype about Mario Bros. 2 was going to be releaed and counting down the days. And the finally playing it for the first time. And then over and over and over and over....lol.  rofl Talk about crazy! Grin hihi

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2006, 11:44:18 PM »

The hype for Mario 3 was pretty crazy. I remember I got it for Christmas; I was so happy.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2006, 01:12:30 AM »

I actually still have one.  And an atari.  Not hooked up at the moment, though.
mallrat
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2006, 01:30:41 AM »

we have an old nintindo and atare that are hockup in the office..Those things are still fun as hell to play .

also have some of the other system packed back isome where in the house.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: