Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:18:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  X-Files: I want to Believe
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: X-Files: I want to Believe  (Read 5629 times)
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« on: May 12, 2008, 02:40:03 PM »

Didn't see a thread on the new x-files flick so thought I would start one.

The trailer just came out on http://media.movies.ign.com/media/379/379767/vids_1.html

Apparently its gonna be a stand-alone story not involving the main storyline over the course of the series. It looks like it could be entertaining. And after such a long time I am anticipating seeing the x-files again.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 08:44:00 PM »

I'm a huge X-Files fan! Can't wait to see this! I just watched all the shows from start to finish so it pretty fresh in my mind.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 10:19:28 PM »

Wish Mudler and Scully could stop looking so goddamned old right about now! It's depressing :l

Fortunately it's stand alone. There's what...200 people in the world who actually still renmember/ever had a clue in 1st place about WTF happened during last 4 seasons of the series.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 10:21:08 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 07:16:08 AM »

I've always been a fan of The X-Files but I hope this film is better than the first film they did.

P.S. I wish I would have waited to go see this film instead of wasting my time at Indy 4.   hihi

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 06:24:20 AM »

I can't wait for this movie!

What's everyone's favorite episode(s)?

My all time favorite would probably have to be "Home" from season 4, followed by "Dreamland I & II" from season 6.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 06:28:00 AM »

They better have sex in this movie... Duchovny must have the worst case of blue balls out there. hihi

Fuck 'Em All.
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 11:18:34 AM »

I can't wait for this movie!

What's everyone's favorite episode(s)?

My all time favorite would probably have to be "Home" from season 4, followed by "Dreamland I & II" from season 6.

Home is one sick ass episode!!!
I also like the one with "Cher" in it! The great mutanto! dont remember names though
hell, all classic horror epidodes in the X-Files rocks!

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 12:52:12 PM »

Is this going to be another movie for the Theaters or a new series for T.V.?
The X-files was really cool. I actually wrote a Twilight Zone story about David Ducovy meeting John Lennon in Central Park....... hihi
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 01:00:18 PM »

Meet David??.a famous actor in the nineties who portrayed a character on a hit series called X-files. A show about conspiracy theories of the FBI covering up the fact that there are aliens present on our planet. He stumbles?.he falls into his deep nightmare of know one believing his convictions and is further questioned by an appointed partner Scully.
Now after about nine years of his hard work on the series David decides he wants to move on. He breaks his contract and is only required to do a few more episodes. The series ends. David is now living a quite life with his wife in NY refraining from his public career for awhile. But something odd is about to change that for David.

One night David tells his wife he's going for a walk in Central Park and that he'll be back in an half an hour. He begins his walk in the park following a path that leads to a memorial place for the late pop singer John Lennon. He approaches the sight and notices there are flowers and graffiti from certain songs of the famous group he was in. He stops and looks around. He recalls his youth. And starts humming "A day in the Life"??..all of a sudden a man appears from behind him and says "You know Liverpool has a place called Strawberry fields too." David turns around and faces a man who's about in his sixties?..
"Good evening sir?said David" The man replied yes indeed. It's a splendid night for a walk. Have you've ever been to Penny Lane? Oh my??I'm late?..I have to go. Enjoy your night chap???and the man walks off into the night.

Now David starts back towards his house but comes to a complete stop. He feels a sudden chill. As if he just met someone he knew for a long time. He sits on a park bench. All of a sudden he feels like he just did an episode on the x-files. He can hear the director saying: Now David?.in this scene a man with an English accent will approach you and have a brief conversation with you. You get a glimpse of his face but are not sure how to place the face. But you know this man from somewhere???.David gets up??and he takes one step and whispers into the wind??"I just met John Lennon".

The strangest things may happen to anyone in any life time. Remember to keep a small window of belief open??for beyond that window lays the mysteries of ?.the Twilight Zone...
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 08:08:15 AM »

New X-Files film has its premiere

The new X-Files film has had its world premiere in Hollywood six years after the TV series finished.

The storyline surrounding I Want to Believe has been a closely guarded secret since filming finished in March.

David Duchovny, who plays Fox Mulder, says fans will find the plot familiar: "It concentrates more on Mulder and Scully's relationship."

The X-Files series ran between 1993 and 2002, with the first feature film, Fight The Future, released in 1998.

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson filmed I Want To Believe in Vancouver, Canada, last Christmas.

A trailer for the movie shows their two characters, Fox Mulder and Dana Scully, looking for a body frozen in a lake with dozens of other FBI agents.

Duchovny, 47, says the relationship between the pair remains tense sexually.

"The relationship of the love story between Mulder and Scully is interwoven with this thriller," he said.

"It ties into the characters as part of the mythology and my character as a believer and Gillian's character as a sceptic and we butt heads in the way we always have."

During filming, plot details for the new movie were kept under such tight wraps that, for a while, even David Duchovny didn't have a copy of the script.

But according to director, Chris Carter, it didn't affect the on screen chemistry between the two main characters.

He said: "It's always magical to see them, because it's almost as if time stops for them.

"When they look at each other, they share something that only they know. It's like they share a secret.

"There's a true warmth between them and we've all had our difficulties and we've all had our problems and it is a family. It can be a dysfunctional family.

"When I see them come back together it's always the same chemistry as Mulder and Scully."

Production problems

The film was due to be made after the TV series ended in 2001 but Chris Carter says it took a lot longer than expected.

"We came up with the story and they said great and we negotiated everybody's contracts and all was working, then all of a sudden it came to a grinding halt, because there were business problems with the television show and contracts going backwards," he said.

"That ended up taking years to resolve. That's simply why we are doing it now."

Since the end of the ninth series, David Duchovny's worked on another television series, Californication, while Gillian Anderson has appeared in Oscar-winning film, The Last King of Scotland.

Anderson says the years went by quickly, but the timing for a new X-Files movie was right.

She said: "Perhaps any earlier wouldn't have been the right time and it really felt like a reunion."

David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson and Chris Carter say they're all up for making a third instalment of The X-Files but the plans remain up in the air depending on the success of I Want To Believe.

The end of the movie has been left open just in case.

David Duchovny says the movie provides X-Files fans with a new case to get their teeth into.

He said: "I think that the closure at the end of the ninth year, I don't remember what it was, but it felt like an end.

"I knew we were ending the show so there was an end, but this is like a reinvigoration of my character and I think of the relationship between us."

Fuck 'Em All.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 10:05:09 AM »

I would really like to go see the movie this weekend.  Smiley

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
GeraldFord
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 05:36:35 PM »

Could never really get into the X Files. Maybe you have to get hooked? Saw a few here and there, never made much sense....
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 06:21:51 PM »

I watched it sometimes when it aired and liked it alot but I really got into the show when I worked graveyard a few years back. On my days off I could'nt sleep at night and TNT would show reruns at midnight-4am. I watched it and liked it. I'm gonna go see the movie tonight. Hopefully its good.  smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2008, 04:35:47 AM »

I was really hoping this movie would be good. I wanted it to be good. I was dissappointed. I want to believe is a sub-par film. There are parts I liked about it. But the movie lacked suspense. The storyline was decent and the acting was good but as I said it lacked the suspense this storyline deserved.  smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2008, 02:45:08 PM »

The movie's supposed to make 10 million this weekend, after making 4 million on Friday  Sad

Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2008, 03:21:41 PM »

The movie's supposed to make 10 million this weekend, after making 4 million on Friday  Sad

They dumped it after dark knight. The ad campaign was almost non-existant. The pics they released were bland. And they didnt give any tidbits to fans. It sucks it bombed because this will be the last of the x-files. Even though the film was sub-par, I would still like too see more x-files. The potential is there. Too bad 20th century fox just basiclly dumped the film. They should have put it out in the fall or spring where the potential to make more money is there. It was never going to be a blockbuster but it could have been a success released at a different time. Too much competition to put it out now.  smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2008, 05:06:30 PM »

They dumped it after dark knight. The ad campaign was almost non-existant. The pics they released were bland. And they didnt give any tidbits to fans. It sucks it bombed because this will be the last of the x-files. Even though the film was sub-par, I would still like too see more x-files. The potential is there. Too bad 20th century fox just basiclly dumped the film. They should have put it out in the fall or spring where the potential to make more money is there. It was never going to be a blockbuster but it could have been a success released at a different time. Too much competition to put it out now.  smoking

Yeah, I agree. The promotion was crap, so it flew under the radar for most movie goers. I was looking forward to them making a third one, even though I havent seen this one yet.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2008, 01:40:45 AM »

I was really hoping this movie would be good. I wanted it to be good. I was dissappointed. I want to believe is a sub-par film. There are parts I liked about it. But the movie lacked suspense. The storyline was decent and the acting was good but as I said it lacked the suspense this storyline deserved.  smoking

Pretty sub-par, very much lacking in suspense.  Was there suppose to be sexual tension, they bickered like an old married couple.  Xzibit wasn't even that bad ass.  And what the fuck happen to the kid?  About the only character I cared about.  I didn't even care when the one lady died, seemed kind of pointless, didn't seem like any of the characters really gave a flying fuck either--lol

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2008, 01:41:50 AM »

And the previews, do we really need another SAW movie?

cineater
Legend

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2008, 01:54:44 AM »

And I need to ask a question. 

If your a gay guy married to another gay guy, why would you want his head on a woman's body?  Did that make any sense to anybody?  Wasn't he was suppose to be dying of lung cancer, not wanting a sex change.  Wasn't that the connection to the priest, not that the sexual abuse wasn't enough.

I just wanted the fuck out of that movie--lol

On the other hand, the person I was with is a die hard fan and she loved the whole thing.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: