Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 12:36:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227932 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES ANNOUNCE NORTH AMERICAN TOUR AND PARTNERSHIP WITH MLB
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES ANNOUNCE NORTH AMERICAN TOUR AND PARTNERSHIP WITH MLB  (Read 101712 times)
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2006, 09:41:07 PM »

It's FINALLY here people!!! ?Celebrate and have a beer, or 2, or 3!!! ?Oh hell my wife works at a brewery, I have all I can drink on tap!!!!!

beer

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2006, 09:41:35 PM »

Gunes N' Roses unleash Chinese Democracy to the world on

December 26th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not a betting man but if I were, right now I'd throw down a  nice chunk of change on that date for the album release. ok

and you base that on.....?  I will take the bet that is won't be released that day. 

the 13 tuesdays left in  the year comment. Why even say 13 if they're gonna release it 8 weeks from now? I don't know Mayeb I'm wrong. Someone made a good point about the fact, why would they miss the holiday season to sell the album. Maybe I am jumping the gun. You guys are wrecking this hihi I just know that if I planned on releasing it 7 weeks, 8 weeks or 12 weeks from now I wouldn't say "there's 13 Tuesdays left in the year". Huh  Boxing Day sia  huge day for album sales as most store have buy 3 get 1 free type of deals on. A Boxing day release could really spike first week sales.
Bono, they have to keep people guessing. I'm sure they are going to do everything they can to try and prevent a massive leak, and keeping everyone out of the loop is a way to do that.

I would not be surprised if the album gets 'Unleashed' with very little prior notice. That in itself would create a huge buzz.

I would bet on a November release. They cant possibly blow off the Holiday shopping season. On Dec. 26th, people are just returning their crappy gifts. They wont care about CD. rofl

Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2006, 09:42:22 PM »

my guess is the tue of black friday
that is when it will be released

When is it?

I'm sticking with Nov 21st - remember you heard it here first!  Tongue
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2006, 09:42:27 PM »

Old rule of thumb is that you always release BAD news on Friday/Saturday so that it gets lost and forgotten about in the news cycle by Monday.

Maybe someone thinks this is bad news.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
King Sand
Patron Saint of Dust N' Bones
Rocker

... And there was nothing left but a grain of Sand

« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2006, 09:43:30 PM »

Finally, some really promising news!!!  Next up, the pre-buzz for the single! 

"Strange travel plans are dancing lessons from God." - Kurt Vonnegut
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2006, 09:43:36 PM »

I'm totally fucking speechless...so much has happened in the last week in the GN'R world...I think my brain is going to implode. ?Awesome news...thanks Axl & Merck ? ok ?beer

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Bono
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2006, 09:44:43 PM »

O.k. I thought about this. I DO think December 26th is the date. Boxing week is huge for retailers and a Boxing Week release would have a massive impact on first week sales in my opinion. Theres' likely more shopping done the week after Christmas than any week leading up to it. Also if Gn'R are gonna promote this the way other big acts do there will be about two months between first single and album. Thats' how U2 did it, That's how The Killers are doing it right now, I believe that's how RHCP just did it. The second single useually hits very shortly after the album has been released. Unless Gn'R has some better promo plan than all these other bands I don't see why they'd do it any differently. So a single in mid-late October, Album release on December 26th and second single in January. Just my Opinion. maybe I'm way fucking off though who knows.  beer
vicarious existence
Rocker

It's been 14 years of silence...

« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2006, 09:45:09 PM »

guys, check out www.gunsnroses.com right now... there's stuff there... artist direct?

IamRyanDean: Axl just walked out on stage, dropped his pants, pissed all over the front row and then left.  mumbled somethign about "how is that for a leak fuckers"
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2006, 09:46:19 PM »

This year baby.

The wait is over.

Now all I need is a presale password email from livenation.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 09:48:16 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2006, 09:46:33 PM »

I've been waiting YEARS for this announcement. If I had to guess on a legit release date, it'd be the week before Black Friday, so I'll say Nov. 14th. No way they'd wait until after Christmas. I'm extremely excited about the new web site, as well. GREAT!!!

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
sootn
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2006, 09:46:43 PM »

no way Dec 26th...... why not get the holiday says? stupid!
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2006, 09:46:50 PM »

guys, check out www.gunsnroses.com right now... there's stuff there... artist direct?

Yeah, that's where it's pointed for a while now

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2006, 09:46:54 PM »

It's been like that for ages.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
EFISH
« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2006, 09:47:41 PM »

I'm going to miss gnronline.com Cry Cry Cry crying crying

they shuld keep it as it is forever now, as a monument to the little info gnr gives its fans rofl

just kidding guys, this is a very POSITIVE DAY! this is fan-fucking-tastic!!!
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2006, 09:48:15 PM »

O.k. I thought about this. I DO think December 26th is the date. Boxing week is huge for retailers and a Boxing Week release would have a massive impact on first week sales in my opinion. Theres' likely more shopping done the week after Christmas than any week leading up to it. Also if Gn'R are gonna promote this the way other big acts do there will be about two months between first single and album. Thats' how U2 did it, That's how The Killers are doing it right now, I believe that's how RHCP just did it. The second single useually hits very shortly after the album has been released. Unless Gn'R has some better promo plan than all these other bands I don't see why they'd do it any differently. So a single in mid-late October, Album release on December 26th and second single in January. Just my Opinion. maybe I'm way fucking off though who knows.  beer
But Bono-Listen to this:

January is a completely horrific month for album sales; just awful. I've been following record sales for the past years and believe me when I say this; a late December release date would just be idiotic.
Mr Patience
Headliner

« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2006, 09:48:29 PM »

Great news!!....What a week.

Halifax N.S. 11/20/06
Saint John N.B. 11/21/06
Halifax N.S. 02/04/10
Las Vegas 05/28/14
Las Vegas 05/30/14
Las Vegas 05/31/14
Toronto 07/16/16
Montreal 08/19/17
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2006, 09:48:53 PM »

I'm going to miss gnronline.com Cry Cry Cry crying crying

Don't worry, it'll probably still be there as is. Smiley

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
vicarious existence
Rocker

It's been 14 years of silence...

« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2006, 09:49:55 PM »

It's been like that for ages.

Ah, sorry about that. I've had no reason to check it previously I guess  Grin

IamRyanDean: Axl just walked out on stage, dropped his pants, pissed all over the front row and then left.  mumbled somethign about "how is that for a leak fuckers"
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #98 on: September 28, 2006, 09:50:04 PM »

I'd like to believe the 26th December thing. But didn't Axl say fall or late fall?

Also, is anybody here going to miss the jokes and speculation about CD? It might have been annoying at the time, but I bet that when we have CD in our hands, we'll just laugh at it. hihi
phreakofnature
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: September 28, 2006, 09:50:08 PM »

O.k. I thought about this. I DO think December 26th is the date. Boxing week is huge for retailers and a Boxing Week release would have a massive impact on first week sales in my opinion. Theres' likely more shopping done the week after Christmas than any week leading up to it. Also if Gn'R are gonna promote this the way other big acts do there will be about two months between first single and album. Thats' how U2 did it, That's how The Killers are doing it right now, I believe that's how RHCP just did it. The second single useually hits very shortly after the album has been released. Unless Gn'R has some better promo plan than all these other bands I don't see why they'd do it any differently. So a single in mid-late October, Album release on December 26th and second single in January. Just my Opinion. maybe I'm way fucking off though who knows.? beer

boxing week lol. ?only you funny Canadians know what that is, and I am sure all 20 of you will buy the album no matter what day it comes out. ?Day after Christmas would be a disaster. Everyone will have already spent their extra spending money on Christmas gifts. ?Especially younger people.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: