Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:04:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES ANNOUNCE NORTH AMERICAN TOUR AND PARTNERSHIP WITH MLB
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES ANNOUNCE NORTH AMERICAN TOUR AND PARTNERSHIP WITH MLB  (Read 101160 times)
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #200 on: September 28, 2006, 10:58:32 PM »

I feel like i'm in information overload. ?1st we get nothing, now i'm focusing on pre-sales , websites, announcemnets, MLB.com . ?BTW - these are good problems to have :-)

This isn't a complaint

Wake up. . . .time to die
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #201 on: September 28, 2006, 11:00:05 PM »

i hope the new site is a good one, without annoying blinking adverts and pop-ups like gunsnroses.com does now
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #202 on: September 28, 2006, 11:01:08 PM »

i hope the new site is a good one, without annoying blinking adverts and pop-ups like gunsnroses.com does now

so you would prefer gnronline.com over a brand new site with a whole bunch of shit on it ?  hihi

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #203 on: September 28, 2006, 11:02:11 PM »

so you would prefer gnronline.com over a brand new site with a whole bunch of shit on it ?? hihi

why? have you seen a website covered in human feces?
AxlsRoses
« Reply #204 on: September 28, 2006, 11:04:09 PM »

i bet this thread will be 100 pages by tomorrow night.... GO GN"R!!!!!!  rofl
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #205 on: September 28, 2006, 11:04:13 PM »

I don't know who told you that Friday is the worst day of the week.... just cuz someone says that doesn't make it true.

GNR2006-

At least in the American market the news cycle is typically thought to be 24-48 hours, hence most businesses/politicians and other entities release bad news on Friday/Saturday so it is forgotten about by Monday when the world resumes.

By releasing it on a Friday, it will illicit very little media attention because by Monday it will be old news. I am just a little surprised this wasn't done at the beginning of a week to give it a solid business week of exposure while it was still at its freshest point.

Oh well, at least it is something. Surely better than what we have had in the past.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #206 on: September 28, 2006, 11:04:19 PM »

If you had Firefox and Ad-Block you wouldn't have to worry about that. Sounds like you're using shitty Internet Explorer.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #207 on: September 28, 2006, 11:04:26 PM »

so you would prefer gnronline.com over a brand new site with a whole bunch of shit on it ?? hihi

why? have you seen a website covered in human feces?

clever ?rofl

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #208 on: September 28, 2006, 11:06:18 PM »

Firefox reloading plugin: http://reloadevery.mozdev.org/

not sure who asked
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #209 on: September 28, 2006, 11:06:46 PM »

I received an advertisement (via HOB) for the "Chinese Democracy" tour today, probably like a lot of people here.

It listed my city in particular.
EFISH
« Reply #210 on: September 28, 2006, 11:06:58 PM »

Firefox reloading plugin: http://reloadevery.mozdev.org/

not sure who asked

that would be me, rX Grin
and thanks a bunch bro!
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #211 on: September 28, 2006, 11:08:31 PM »

If you had Firefox and Ad-Block you wouldn't have to worry about that. Sounds like you're using shitty Internet Explorer.

I'm talking about how to the left of the ttle is an advert for the Airforce and below the new stroies is another US airforce advert. hopefully it will be somewhat like a regular band site like queenonline.com, with no extra crap like US Airforce adverts and links all over the place. gunsnroses.com is a mess right now with al the stuff they fit on that one page. Just saying, not complaining. This new site will e awesome.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #212 on: September 28, 2006, 11:10:03 PM »

Never felt these kind of emotions about this band, but the question is will they play the SAME OLD boring setlist?? Or make it half old/half new like they should!?!!? Can't wait to have some of our questions answers in the next few weeks, damn this is good shit!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 11:12:11 PM by grog mug » Logged
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #213 on: September 28, 2006, 11:15:00 PM »

I'm talking about how to the left of the ttle is an advert for the Airforce and below the new stroies is another US airforce advert. hopefully it will be somewhat like a regular band site like queenonline.com, with no extra crap like US Airforce adverts and links all over the place. gunsnroses.com is a mess right now with al the stuff they fit on that one page. Just saying, not complaining. This new site will e awesome.

And I'm talking about the fact that it's NOT a mess on my screen because I've got Ad-Block killing those banner ads.

Check it out man:

Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #214 on: September 28, 2006, 11:16:37 PM »

And I'm talking about the fact that it's NOT a mess on my screen because I've got Ad-Block killing those banner ads.

Check it out man:

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

i wish i had that, i got no probs with pop ups, but ads like that, that is cool
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #215 on: September 28, 2006, 11:18:57 PM »

What a great day for me as a GN'R fan.  Got floor seat tickets for my first ever GN'R show in Toronto, and now this.  It's very overwhelming.   Smiley

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #216 on: September 28, 2006, 11:20:38 PM »

Quote from: Robman2k9

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

i wish i had that, i got no probs with pop ups, but ads like that, that is cool

Yeah, it's pretty freakin' cool. With Ad-Block you can right-click and block image based ads. Flash banner ads are hard to kill, but there's this thing called "Filterset G." The guy who created it figured out the code behind Flash based ads and if you have Filterset G loaded into Ad-Block, it will automatically clean up crap on many websites like ESPN.com, CNN.com, etc. Apparently ArtistDirect is included in his code because I opened it in IE and there's a shitload of flash banner ads. LOL.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #217 on: September 28, 2006, 11:22:06 PM »

What is this salty deposit coming out of my eyes?

... OH MY GOD.....Im crying like a bitch over here!!

FUCK YEA!!!!!!!!!!

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #218 on: September 28, 2006, 11:25:48 PM »

Looks like the day we've waited so long for is finally here.

Who knew?

This is a day that will live in infamy..

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #219 on: September 28, 2006, 11:26:42 PM »

I don't know who told you that Friday is the worst day of the week.... just cuz someone says that doesn't make it true.

GNR2006-

At least in the American market the news cycle is typically thought to be 24-48 hours, hence most businesses/politicians and other entities release bad news on Friday/Saturday so it is forgotten about by Monday when the world resumes.

By releasing it on a Friday, it will illicit very little media attention because by Monday it will be old news. I am just a little surprised this wasn't done at the beginning of a week to give it a solid business week of exposure while it was still at its freshest point.

Oh well, at least it is something. Surely better than what we have had in the past.

you are right about fridays. i work in pr... it's common knowledge.

now you know me better
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: