Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 11:23:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227933 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES ANNOUNCE NORTH AMERICAN TOUR AND PARTNERSHIP WITH MLB
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES ANNOUNCE NORTH AMERICAN TOUR AND PARTNERSHIP WITH MLB  (Read 101730 times)
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #220 on: September 28, 2006, 11:27:21 PM »

I don't know who told you that Friday is the worst day of the week.... just cuz someone says that doesn't make it true.

GNR2006-

At least in the American market the news cycle is typically thought to be 24-48 hours, hence most businesses/politicians and other entities release bad news on Friday/Saturday so it is forgotten about by Monday when the world resumes.

By releasing it on a Friday, it will illicit very little media attention because by Monday it will be old news. I am just a little surprised this wasn't done at the beginning of a week to give it a solid business week of exposure while it was still at its freshest point.

Oh well, at least it is something. Surely better than what we have had in the past.

This is more true with mainstream media etc... this press release was sent to the forums etc. I guess some digital media places will pick up on it eventually, and it's eventually gonna trickle down.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #221 on: September 28, 2006, 11:27:49 PM »

Looks like the day we've waited so long for is finally here.

Who knew?

This is a day that will live in infamy..
wat makes it so special?.. r u talking about the website updating thing?
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #222 on: September 28, 2006, 11:29:08 PM »

Looks like the day we've waited so long for is finally here.

Who knew?

This is a day that will live in infamy..
wat makes it so special?.. r u talking about the website updating thing?

Your fucking joking right Iceman?

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #223 on: September 28, 2006, 11:29:41 PM »

I think its pretty obvious that gunsnroses.com is gonna launch with a shitload of news man. I wouldn't be surprised to go on there tomorrow and see the release date in the chinese font.  smoking

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Steel_Angel
« Reply #224 on: September 28, 2006, 11:31:25 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised to go on there tomorrow and see the release date in the chinese font.? smoking
dude... i would probably skip school.. haha that would rock, and no buddha, i am pissed. no tx dates.. but im not bitching Tongue hihi
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #225 on: September 28, 2006, 11:35:03 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised to go on there tomorrow and see the release date in the chinese font.? smoking
dude... i would probably skip school.. haha that would rock, and no buddha, i am pissed. no tx dates.. but im not bitching Tongue hihi

Dude come on down...uh, left to one of the LA shows... First beer on me...and celebrate with Cali's finest greens.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #226 on: September 28, 2006, 11:38:10 PM »

i think partnering with mlb is a very wise idea, especially if theres a new single invloved....it will reach a pretty broad crowd in terms of age demos...def. better than mtv.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
bDinan
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #227 on: September 28, 2006, 11:40:37 PM »

I wonder if GNR will tie in with the MLB playoffs or world series in some way?
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #228 on: September 28, 2006, 11:42:56 PM »

I wonder if GNR will tie in with the MLB playoffs or world series in some way?

i think thats the idea...promote a nov. release during a highprofile event in late october yes

---Nick Nasty--

Steel_Angel
« Reply #229 on: September 28, 2006, 11:43:32 PM »

Dude come on down...uh, left to one of the LA shows... First beer on me...and celebrate with Cali's finest greens.
ah sounds g00d. i hope i hope. hihi
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #230 on: September 28, 2006, 11:43:38 PM »

I just hope gunsnroses.com isn't a repeat of gnronline 2002 style. ?Just showing the press release and tour dates with no pictures, updates, or anyting else we want to know. ?But I'm looking at the positives GN'R are officially back, with a website, a new tour, and hopefully the BEST album we'll ever hear.
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #231 on: September 28, 2006, 11:44:01 PM »

Can someone please explain what this MLB thing is and how is it actually going to promote GnR?  Undecided  Thanx
flickn
« Reply #232 on: September 28, 2006, 11:45:21 PM »

every time a pitcher comes to the mound the stadiumn could play a gnr song....it works well with metallica

DAVID WELLS plays metallica everytime he enters the mound
bDinan
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #233 on: September 28, 2006, 11:45:45 PM »

Can someone please explain what this MLB thing is and how is it actually going to promote GnR?? Undecided? Thanx

Usually there are video packages heavily used in promotion... commercials, promotional videos. I can see a new GnR single being used in the background to promote the playoffs. I hope its not just using old song(s)... that would be weak.
bDinan
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #234 on: September 28, 2006, 11:46:17 PM »

every time a pitcher comes to the mound the stadiumn could play a gnr song....it works well with metallica

Pitchers select their own music.  peace
EFISH
« Reply #235 on: September 28, 2006, 11:47:17 PM »

Maybe Mike Piazza will use IRS Huh Huh   hihi hihi hihi hihi
flickn
« Reply #236 on: September 28, 2006, 11:48:53 PM »

Pitchers select their own music.? peace

the concept is the same , and if the mlb license it then thats their way or the highway so to say...plus ball parks play music in between innings as well
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #237 on: September 28, 2006, 11:50:07 PM »

Usually there are video packages heavily used in promotion... commercials, promotional videos. I can see a new GnR single being used in the background to promote the playoffs. I hope its not just using old song(s)... that would be weak.

right...tom petty did a deal with the NBA this summer to promote 'highway companion' and they played the single 'big weekend'  in the promos

---Nick Nasty--

Vaclave
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #238 on: September 28, 2006, 11:50:34 PM »

Does this mean they will be playing new songs (I know they have played a few) from ChiDem on the 1st Leg of the tour and drop the AFD Set? ?I doubt ?but I hope I am wrong. I would not go to see them play another bands music. ?I passed on 2002 and would do so again. ?I want to hear and see them play their own music!!! ?Hope for a second leg and it passes through Pittsburgh!!!
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #239 on: September 28, 2006, 11:51:15 PM »

I know alot of us have been speculating possibly a November 21st release date, but it just dawned on me that rumor is Jay-Z is releasing his comeback album "Kingdom Come" that day as well. ?While they don't compete in the same genre, that album is almost assured to move an insane amount of copies.

Is it important for Guns to pick a date that will garner them a #1 album or does it not even matter at this point? I want the album, but I also don't want it being swept away by something that finishes #1 the week its released.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: