Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:12:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES ANNOUNCE NORTH AMERICAN TOUR AND PARTNERSHIP WITH MLB
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES ANNOUNCE NORTH AMERICAN TOUR AND PARTNERSHIP WITH MLB  (Read 101161 times)
Filipe_Guns
Headliner

You have no idea.....

« Reply #260 on: September 29, 2006, 12:14:11 AM »

is not that Guns n' Roses will release the CD and become the number onte imediatly. Unfortunately, Guns won't beat this fuckin rappers...that's the fact...wake up, we're not in the 80's...

Filipe, "Greatest Hits" in 2004 debuted at #3 on the charts and I don't remember any hype around that album at all. In fact, the hype was NEGATIVE b/c the band itself was against the release of the album. CD is the most anticiapted album ever without a doubt. As someone else mentioned, die-hard fans will be buying probably 3 copies each at the MINIMUM. It will sell a ton of records the first week and I wouldn't be shocked if it beat out a rap album. But don't think it's going to sit around for a year completely unknown like Appetite did.

yeah, but you are talking about a album with classics songs, the best ever. But Chinese Democracy is gonna be a record of a almost "unknow" band, a band that is a joke for some and fake to others. But I'm sure they won't let us down, soon Guns n' Roses will rule the world like 92-93.

"thanks to the lameass security, I'm going home"
flickn
« Reply #261 on: September 29, 2006, 12:18:28 AM »

Here's a thought , what if non of the leak songs are on the CD album ,
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #262 on: September 29, 2006, 12:18:51 AM »

Quote from: Filipe_Guns
yeah, but you are talking about a album with classics songs, the best ever. But Chinese Democracy is gonna be a record of a almost "unknow" band, a band that is a joke for some and fake to others. But I'm sure they won't let us down, soon Guns n' Roses will rule the world like 92-93.

Filipe, when that first single comes out (I hope it's "Better" of the leaks unless there is something more kickass that we haven't heard yet), it will re-introduce Axl as a kickass frontman and it will help build a legitimate foundation for the other band members. I'm pretty sure that CD will sell 500,000+ copies its first week, and with the Black Friday boost...it might get near 1 million. We'll just have to wait and see, but I think you're underestimating the hype around the album.
Filipe_Guns
Headliner

You have no idea.....

« Reply #263 on: September 29, 2006, 12:23:12 AM »

Quote from: Filipe_Guns

Filipe, when that first single comes out (I hope it's "Better" of the leaks unless there is something more kickass that we haven't heard yet), it will re-introduce Axl as a kickass frontman and it will help build a legitimate foundation for the other band members. I'm pretty sure that CD will sell 500,000+ copies its first week, and with the Black Friday boost...it might get near 1 million. We'll just have to wait and see, but I think you're underestimating the hype around the album.

I hope so....
let's wait....

"thanks to the lameass security, I'm going home"
bDinan
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #264 on: September 29, 2006, 12:25:04 AM »

I highly doubt none of them will be. I wouldn't be shocked if they all aren't on it. Axl seems pretty high on "Better"...

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #265 on: September 29, 2006, 12:25:09 AM »

Maybe Axl is going back to the jerseys, this time only baseball ones ?Cheesy

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #266 on: September 29, 2006, 12:27:27 AM »

I highly doubt none of them will be. I wouldn't be shocked if they all aren't on it. Axl seems pretty high on "Better"...

As he should! It's a fuckin' kickass song with a ton of appeal in my opinion. Should be a huge hit.
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #267 on: September 29, 2006, 12:30:16 AM »

Maybe Axl is going back to the jerseys, this time only baseball ones ?Cheesy

Hope not...But who knows  hihi

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
netrix
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #268 on: September 29, 2006, 12:33:12 AM »

I was originally thinking mid-november for release date.
But now I am thinking late october. ? Specifically October 24.

Here are my reasons: ?
1) Show rescheduled leaving gap between Sept warm up shows and October shows. ?This gap could be used for interviews and other promotion. ?Also could be filming a video. ?Anyway, the gap in between Sept dates and Oct dates seems to planned for a reason.
2) ?Bumblefoot mention (according to a post) that there would be no change in setlist for Sept shows but could be changes in Oct shows. ?Why the Oct show unless there is some change in the status of CD, such as release or at least a single. ?
3) Partnership with MLB. ?Oct is a big month for MLB playoffs and the World Series. ?This would make a for good opportunity for promotion. ?And in mid-Nov, MLB season is over and any kind of promotion partnership would not make since after then.
4) Late Nov through Dec is out. ?Labels rarely ever release major albums during this time because of the holiday shopping season.

Just my thoughts.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #269 on: September 29, 2006, 12:35:34 AM »

Wow this is all frigging awsome news....I think weel get a release date and single etc on oct.20

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #270 on: September 29, 2006, 12:36:11 AM »

4) Late Nov through Dec is out. ?Labels rarely ever release major albums during this time because of the holiday shopping season.

Uh.....that is WHY major labels release big albums during that time. You think Jay-Z and Eminem would release albums on Nov. 21 and Dec. 5 if that was a traditionally slow time for sales? That is why we have a good chance of seeing a Guns release during that time.
Annie
« Reply #271 on: September 29, 2006, 12:42:15 AM »

I think it's cool that are having a partnership with MLB. I tried to win a raffle for a White Sox Championship ring. The White Sox were doing this raffle to commerate their World Series win last year. I bought a ticket with the hope that in the slim possibility that I would win I could give it to Axl because he likes bling and in my mind he is a true champion in the way that he has reinvented GNR. Anyway my ticket number was 20857 and the winning number was 20867. That was just too close!!!!!It was cruel!
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #272 on: September 29, 2006, 12:46:17 AM »

I was originally thinking mid-november for release date.
But now I am thinking late october. ? Specifically October 24.

Here are my reasons: ?
1) Show rescheduled leaving gap between Sept warm up shows and October shows. ?This gap could be used for interviews and other promotion. ?Also could be filming a video. ?Anyway, the gap in between Sept dates and Oct dates seems to planned for a reason.
2) ?Bumblefoot mention (according to a post) that there would be no change in setlist for Sept shows but could be changes in Oct shows. ?Why the Oct show unless there is some change in the status of CD, such as release or at least a single. ?
3) Partnership with MLB. ?Oct is a big month for MLB playoffs and the World Series. ?This would make a for good opportunity for promotion. ?And in mid-Nov, MLB season is over and any kind of promotion partnership would not make since after then.

Just my thoughts.

For all of your reasons I'd bet on 10/31.
If we're wrong, could be 11/21 or finally 12/26.
The other Tuesdays will be day-offs. These dates above are some gaps in the tour.
Guess we'll have to wait and see.

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
EccoTides
« Reply #273 on: September 29, 2006, 12:50:55 AM »

11/21 is my guess. Just before black Friday (gotta love the most freaking insane shopping day of the year).
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #274 on: September 29, 2006, 12:52:04 AM »

Can someone please explain what this MLB thing is and how is it actually going to promote GnR?? Undecided? Thanx

I worked at MLB.com this past summer as a freelance video editor, as a matter of fact I'll be there this weekend, working the final regular season weekend. Basically MLB.com is a website where you can go to see highlights of that day's ballgames, look up stats, order MLB merch, buy tickets, and, for a fee, listen to any game or watch any game being played. MLB.com has a reputation as being the best run, & best organized website for streaming video in the business. The last March madness College basketball tournament was streamed through MLB.com's web servers - so was the last Soccer World Cup. Having said that, even though it is run by Major League baseball, it doesn't necessarily mean there will be some sort of "partnership", or advertising, during the playoffs & World Series - many bands are partnered up with MLB.com - Def Leppard, Live, Cheap Trick, & Tom Petty are, & I don't recall seeing any mention of them while watching MLB games this summer - basically, what they do is sometimes come to the MLB.com studios, give interviews which are then seen on MLB.com, or they'll perform in Studio, again with the video being seen on MLB.com, or, in Def Leps case, we'll send a camera crew to the concert, then edit a "package" & show it on the MLB.com website. ?MLB.com is also partnered up with a website called "Rehearsal.com" which is a very, very cool website where bands allow themselves to be videotaped in their rehearsal studio, & shown on the site. Tom Petty & Dave Navarro's band were a few who come to mind who've been featured. ?One more thing, & i noticed this the first day I went to work there, & this MIGHT explain a little bit how this partnership came to be - Sanctuary(I don't know if it's their headquaters, or a satellite office) and MLB.com are in the same building in NYC. They are in the Chelsea Market building, on 9th Ave & 15th Street.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #275 on: September 29, 2006, 01:08:37 AM »

Let me get this straight. No fucking Philly shows?  no Cry

Oh my my. I'm so disappointed. I might have to venture a few states to see them.  hihi

Anyway, mid-November IMO is when we will see Chinese Democracy.

It WON'T be the day after Christmas...why would they want to wait until AFTER the biggest shopping period of the year to release the most expensive album ever? Or any album for that matter?
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #276 on: September 29, 2006, 01:09:42 AM »

Can someone please explain what this MLB thing is and how is it actually going to promote GnR?  Undecided  Thanx

I worked at MLB.com this past summer as a freelance video editor, as a matter of fact I'll be there this weekend, working the final regular season weekend. Basically MLB.com is a website where you can go to see highlights of that day's ballgames, look up stats, order MLB merch, buy tickets, and, for a fee, listen to any game or watch any game being played. MLB.com has a reputation as being the best run, & best organized website for streaming video in the business. The last March madness College basketball tournament was streamed through MLB.com's web servers - so was the last Soccer World Cup. Having said that, even though it is run by Major League baseball, it doesn't necessarily mean there will be some sort of "partnership", or advertising, during the playoffs & World Series - many bands are partnered up with MLB.com - Def Leppard, Live, Cheap Trick, & Tom Petty are, & I don't recall seeing any mention of them while watching MLB games this summer - basically, what they do is sometimes come to the MLB.com studios, give interviews which are then seen on MLB.com, or they'll perform in Studio, again with the video being seen on MLB.com, or, in Def Leps case, we'll send a camera crew to the concert, then edit a "package" & show it on the MLB.com website.  MLB.com is also partnered up with a website called "Rehearsal.com" which is a very, very cool website where bands allow themselves to be videotaped in their rehearsal studio, & shown on the site. Tom Petty & Dave Navarro's band were a few who come to mind who've been featured.  One more thing, & i noticed this the first day I went to work there, & this MIGHT explain a little bit how this partnership came to be - Sanctuary(I don't know if it's their headquaters, or a satellite office) and MLB.com are in the same building in NYC. They are in the Chelsea Market building, on 9th Ave & 15th Street.

Cool. Thanks for sharing your experience with us on that. That definitely clears things up quite a bit!
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #277 on: September 29, 2006, 01:11:52 AM »

release the most expensive album ever?

While certainly expensive, not nearly the almost 30 million dollars Michael Jackson supposedly spent on making HIStory in the mid 90's.
forgotaboutsteve
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #278 on: September 29, 2006, 01:15:07 AM »

"Guns N' Roses are also delighted to announce that they have partnered with Major League Baseball Advanced Media (MLB.COM) to provide their fans with premium ticketing opportunities and up to the minute information on the tour and the band's other activities via gunsnroses.com which will be launched as of tomorrow."

this sounds more like a partnership with the mlb web service/servers than anything else.  all i see is mlb.com, nothing about actual television broadcast.
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #279 on: September 29, 2006, 01:15:32 AM »

You guys are great... ?It's always great to come here for a laugh.

First of all, none of us are record execs, music marketers, and or anything to do with the record industry when it comes to publication or marketing. ?Saying that December 26th is the perfect release date is groundless (who was the person who said more shopping is done the week after Christmas than all the weeks leading up to Christmas... ?I'd like to get a source on that one).

Second, if you really want Chinese Democracy #1, it's simply a matter of the release date. ?Just look for a week without any releases from big artists and you have your number. ?Look at the movie industry. ?Simply releasing a movie in late August through September gives a producer a better shot of achieving the coveted #1 spot. ?But I hardly think that when it comes to Chinese Democracy people are going to buy something in its place. ?What matters more I suppose is the number of copies sold on its open week. ?If say, JayZ sells 700 000 copies and GNR sells 600 000 copies, does that mean it's not a success? ?Really, who cares if its number one or not. ?Perhaps some people are on here are hoping it makes #1 to justify the wait they've gone through. ?Not saying it's easy being a GNR fan, but whether the album is a success or not shouldn't really matter to you and I. ?I hope it is for the band's sake, but other than that, I see no reason for any vain need for it to be a smash.

The bottom line, based on the press release, the album will be out in the next couple of months, we have a massive GNR tour to look forward to, its time to enjoy the music my friends.

Cheers,

Andrew

P.S. ?My bet is November 14 ?Tongue

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06