Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:25:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot's Work With The MS Research Foundation
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot's Work With The MS Research Foundation  (Read 3160 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: May 06, 2007, 04:32:43 PM »

Laughter's his best medicine

Home News Tribune Online 05/6/07
By SUZANNE C. RUSSELL
STAFF WRITER

PERTH AMBOY ? Ralph Rosa can't help but laugh. The comedic one-liners from his family and friends, some at his expense, are practically unrelenting.

"That's what keeps me going," Rosa said.

But the laughter has a serious side.

"This is how Comedy for Cure was invented. They are all comedians," said Rosa.

Rosa, founder of the Multiple Sclerosis Research Foundation, and his board of directors ? which includes his brother, Anthony Rosa, and good friends Ron Thal and Troy Ciccone ? are all organizing the 7th Comedy For Cure, a fundraising comedy show to benefit research for multiple sclerosis, the disease Rosa was diagnosed with 10 years ago.

The show will be held May 20 at Seabra's Armory Restaurant, 200 Front St., Perth Amboy. Festivities which include a professional funny caricaturist, buffet and a show beginning at 3:30 p.m. Dress is semiformal.

This year the show will feature three comedians. JJ Ramirez, who has appeared at The World Famous Comic Strip, The Improv and Caroline's on Broadway and in the movie "The Latin Legends of Comedy" will be the opening act. Also appearing will be Mitchell Walters, who has appeared on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," and has written for "Spin City," "Frazier," and "Laverne & Shirley." Ventriloquist Pete Michaels, who has appeared on "Late Night with Conan O'Brien," Comedy Central's "The Daily Show" and "Late Night at the Apollo" will be the headliner.

Rosa said he's always wanted to have a ventriloquist perform.

"This is unique," he said.

Ciccone said they try to get comedians who will appeal to many people.

"You want comedians who make it work," he said.

Anthony Rosa, 32, who along with his mother Elizabeth Rosa helps care for Ralph Rosa, said he is hoping for a really good turnout this year.

"We're trying harder this year to get support from local vendors. It's such a great event. It's so much fun. People don't realize how much fun it is until they go," he said.

Ralph Rosa, 34, who has a progressive form of multiple sclerosis which has taken away the use of his arms and legs and makes it difficult for him to talk, said the show wouldn't be possible without the help of his board of directors.

Anthony Rosa said the show provides motivation for his brother to get up each day and gives him something to look forward to.

"He does it on his own. He sends 80 e-mails. When Ralph wants something done, he lets you know about it," he said. "He keeps us in order." Anthony Rosa said every year when the show comes around it puts a lot of stress on his brother, and stress is not good for someone with multiple sclerosis, a neurological disease in which the immune system attacks the myelin sheath that insulates the nerves in the brain and spinal cord, preventing the nerves from communicating with the brain.

"I'm so proud of him. It's a lot, a lot of work. This is his job," Anthony Rosa said.

Ralph Rosa met Thal, known as "Bumblefoot," a guitarist with the rock band Guns N' Roses, in the early 1990s when Thal gave him guitar lessons in Edison. The two later played together in a band and have remained friends ever since.

Thal said Rosa's an inspirational guy and a great friend. He questioned why things happen to such good people but said maybe it's because good people will do something like organize fund-raisers to find a cure for the disease and help others.

"That's what I mean by true friends always there. He's always there, no matter what," Rosa said.

Anthony Rosa said Thal has been a role model for his brother who formerly played in a band that had a record deal.

"My brother's living the dream through Ron," said Anthony Rosa adding his brother has watched Thal in Gun N' Roses videos.

Ciccone has been friends with Anthony for 10 years and met Ralph through his brother. The three had a company together.

Ciccone said he didn't know much about multiple sclerosis, but he was impressed by Rosa.

"Ralph's the kind of guy you want to be his friend or his brother. He's always upbeat. I love him to death," said Ciccone, who especially proud that every dime of profit from the fund raiser goes to research.

"I do believe there will be a cure," he said.

About $10,000 to $15,000 has been raised with each the foundation's previous comedy fund raisers.

"We'd love to make more," Ralph Rosa said. This year's goal is to raise $20,000.

The board members are particularly pleased that Spotswood High School social studies teacher Frank Yusko is planning to attend. Yusko also has multiple sclerosis and annually hosts a volleyball game at the school to raise money to fight the disease.

Ralph Rosa said his health has deteriorated in the last year. Talking is difficult, but he tries to make up for it with his e-mails.

"That's all you can do, just have faith and hope. I know this is curable. I don't know how close we are, cause every year I'm getting worse, but they are trying," said Rosa who would like to see a cure during his lifetime.

Tickets for the show are priced at $85 each. Those interested in coming but unable to afford the full ticket price are asked to contact the organization online at info@msrf.org.. Additional information may also be obtained from the Multiple Sclerosis Research Foundation Inc. at www.msrf.org.

Donations may be sent to the Multiple Sclerosis Research Foundation Inc., P.O. Box 1284, Perth Amboy, NJ 08862

Story and photo here: http://www.thnt.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070506/NEWS/705060474/1001

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 04:35:59 PM »

Cool story. There are so many people out there effected by this. Hope they raize a lot of cash.
amy

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 08:33:56 PM »

My Mom's got MS.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 09:30:42 PM »

My initials are MS.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 11:52:08 PM »

My Mom's got MS.

that sucks, sorry to hear that.

My initials are MS.

what a small world, look at how much you have in common with AF  hihi
Chief
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 12:21:10 AM »

nice story! thank you for posting!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 12:40:11 AM »

do you know what sucks is that this story has been posted for about 10 hours and has like 5 postas because everyone is concerned about who has had leaks for a little longer than they have.  I think thats pretty messed up in the large scheme of things

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 06:09:25 AM »

"My brother's living the dream through Ron," said Anthony Rosa adding his brother has watched Thal in Gun N' Roses videos.

What does that mean?

Fuck 'Em All.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 06:35:21 AM »

Ron is a great guy.

This is just another example of why.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RobinFinck
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 07:52:08 AM »

What does that mean?

Hes prob seen live broadcasts of Rock Am Ring, maybe theyve shown bootleg videos from the web, it doesnt mean that GNR have made a music video that this person has seen

Then again, the brother could know nothing about Ron Thals involvement with GNR, and just say that cause he thinks Ron must have been in a GNR video at somestage
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 09:27:42 AM »

My Mom's got MS.

that sucks, sorry to hear that.

Yeah, but I know a holistic doctor and a few other doctors and they're actually very close to finding a cure or something for it. I can't remeber what they said...

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
axi rose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 09:33:39 AM »

Thats awsome, gained a lot more respect for bumble!

November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2007, 10:03:41 AM »

do you know what sucks is that this story has been posted for about 10 hours and has like 5 postas because everyone is concerned about who has had leaks for a little longer than they have.  I think thats pretty messed up in the large scheme of things
Yes, you are right dude... Embarrassed

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2007, 12:58:24 AM »

Hes prob seen live broadcasts of Rock Am Ring, maybe theyve shown bootleg videos from the web, it doesnt mean that GNR have made a music video that this person has seen

Then again, the brother could know nothing about Ron Thals involvement with GNR, and just say that cause he thinks Ron must have been in a GNR video at somestage

Right. Got it. ok

Fuck 'Em All.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 01:45:17 AM »

Ronald Is Great, Idol Absolut.

ThaNks.

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●