Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 12:25:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  something funny from Jeff Ament of Pearl Jam
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: something funny from Jeff Ament of Pearl Jam  (Read 6040 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2005, 05:31:11 PM »

You could turn it around and say those artist have to bash Axl and CD to make themselves feel better about their band and crappy last few albums right?? ok

I'm pretty sure Pearl Jam aren't writing albums to please the masses like you'd like them to. Besides, I'm not sure the fans or the band agree with your statements about the crappy albums.

They're not bashing Axl, I'm sure Jeff Ament couldn't care less.

You really shouldn't take these jokes so personal every time and attack the bands who make them.

/jarmo

A lot of pearl jam fans think their last few albums were not even close to being as good as their first few.  Sure some like it and that is fine, but their last few albums have been very weak. Not that album sales mean anything but their albums have sold less and less with each album if im not mistaken.

As for me taking these jokes personal, I dont, I just think its lame some people seem to like to take a shot at Axl or CD randomly.  As for me attacking them, all I said was Jeff really should not talk since his bands last few albums have been weak.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2005, 05:35:37 PM »

I'm pretty sure Pearl Jam aren't writing albums to please the masses like you'd like them to.

Exactly. ?PJ's long history of musical integrity is virtually unmatched in this day and age. ?Their activity
and approach is an absolute credit to their legacy and should never be passed off as pandering to the masses.

Of course he's not. ?Though CD is obviously anticipated, it's also become the butt of many an industry joke in relation to the length of time it's taken.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2005, 05:43:46 PM »

You could turn it around and say those artist have to bash Axl and CD to make themselves feel better about their band and crappy last few albums right?  ok

I'm pretty sure Pearl Jam aren't writing albums to please the masses like you'd like them to. Besides, I'm not sure the fans or the band agree with your statements about the crappy albums.

You really shouldn't take these jokes so personal every time and attack the bands who make them.

/jarmo

A lot of pearl jam fans think their last few albums were not even close to being as good as their first few.  Sure some like it and that is fine, but their last few albums have been very weak. Not that album sales mean anything but their albums have sold less and less with each album if im not mistaken.

As for me taking these jokes personal, I dont, I just think its lame some people seem to like to take a shot at Axl or CD randomly.  As for me attacking them, all I said was Jeff really should not talk since his bands last few albums have been weak.

Well you are clearly taking it personal because you feel the need to defend Axl.  And you are attacking him by saying that his last few albums were subpar.  Just let it go.  This thread was supposed to be a joke and something to laugh at.  I am sure if Axl heard what he said he would laugh too.  Get a sense of humor.
rainX
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2005, 05:49:37 PM »

I dunno if it's a case of him "waiting" for axl's album but more of a fact that within the industry the albums recording process has become a huge joke , ya know?

I think you might be onto something there Saul...

It?s only a joke to people like you. No one bitches when Trent or Maynard take forever to put out their albums for Tool and Nin.  CD is one of the most anticipated albums ever. Jeff can joke all he wants that the new PJ album will be out before CD but the new PJ album like their last few will be more of the same boring crap. Axl could learn one thing from PJ  and that is put every show on CD-r that you can buy after the show or online.

Seriously? Pearl Jam is one of the all time greatest bands in terms of fan appreciation and communication. Their fan club through the years, I mean it kicked fucking ass in terms of exclusive stuff, especially before you could get everything on the internet. You might not dig there last few albums, but "the same boring crap"Huh Have you listened to them and given them a chance man.  I think they are fucking good man, and at least they aren't conforming to standards and they are just playing the music that comes out of them. Knocking that is pretty chilidish man.

I'm the biggest Axl defender in the world, but I'm not gonna diss Jeff and his band just cuz' he made a joke that's actually funny.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2005, 05:50:05 PM »

I had one throw away line and you want to dwell on that. I also said I guess Jeff is waiting for CD just like us and that it would be funny if CD came out before the new PJ album, but why do ?you have to bitch about me saying that PJs last few albums were not that good. PJ has a new album and are coming out , why is it wrong to hope the new P J album will be better when it will prob be the same old boring crap as their last few albums? Damn. The only people taking it personal are the ones who are crying that I said PJs last few albums sucked. PJ should sing less about GW Bush and write songs about something else. I hate Bush too but I would be pissed if Axl wrote a few songs on CD bashing him.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 05:53:49 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
rainX
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2005, 05:53:12 PM »

I had one throw away line and you want to dwell on that. I also said I guess Jeff is waiting for CD just like us and that it would be funny if CD came out before the new PJ album, but why do  you have to bitch about me saying that PJs last few albums were not that good. PJ has a new album and are coming out , why is it wrong to hope the new P J album will be better? Damn. The only people taking it personal are the ones who are crying that I said PJs last few albums sucked.

there is a pretty big difference between "I hope the next album is better" and "their last albums were just boring crap"

The first statement is not what I perceived your post as. The latter was.

Smiley

And since when are we allowed "throw away lines" in our posts? I'd like to throw away that one from 1999 on my first account about saying i'm positive the record is coming out in 2000.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2005, 05:55:09 PM »

I had one throw away line and you want to dwell on that. I also said I guess Jeff is waiting for CD just like us and that it would be funny if CD came out before the new PJ album, but why do  you have to bitch about me saying that PJs last few albums were not that good. PJ has a new album and are coming out with another, why is it wrong to hope the new P J album will be better? Damn. The only people taking it personal are the ones who are crying that I said PJs last few albums sucked.

Get a grip son.  You did not once mention that you hope the new PJ album will be better.  I am not even a PJ fan but I respect the hell out of them and I appreciate the fact that Ament apparently has a sense of humor.  Did you at least smile when you read what Ament said?  I sure hope you did. 
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2005, 05:56:07 PM »

I had one throw away line and you want to dwell on that. I also said I guess Jeff is waiting for CD just like us and that it would be funny if CD came out before the new PJ album, but why do? you have to bitch about me saying that PJs last few albums were not that good. PJ has a new album and are coming out , why is it wrong to hope the new P J album will be better? Damn. The only people taking it personal are the ones who are crying that I said PJs last few albums sucked.

there is a pretty big difference between "I hope the next album is better" and "their last albums were just boring crap"

The first statement is not what I perceived your post as. The latter was.

Smiley

And since when are we allowed "throw away lines" in our posts? I'd like to throw away that one from 1999 on my first account about saying i'm positive the record is coming out in 2000.

My point is, I said PJs last few albums were crap, and i also said they are great live and put out all their live shows on cd-r and I hope axl does soemthing like that. ?The point is, I said i didnt like PJs last few albums then praise everything else they do, and people want to dwell on the fact that i didnt like their last few albums. Go figure. There is a lot axl can learn from PJ but the quality of their last few albums is not one of them.

And War, yes I did thus that is why? I made the joke, wouldnt it be funny if CD came out first.
The ironic thing is, people claim I am getting all worked up over this Jeff comment when the fact is more people are getting worked up about my Pearl Jam comment. Go figure
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 05:58:14 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

EvilSmurf
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2005, 07:02:53 PM »

My point is, I said PJs last few albums were crap, and i also said they are great live and put out all their live shows on cd-r and I hope axl does soemthing like that.  The point is, I said i didnt like PJs last few albums then praise everything else they do, and people want to dwell on the fact that i didnt like their last few albums. Go figure. There is a lot axl can learn from PJ but the quality of their last few albums is not one of them.

And War, yes I did thus that is why  I made the joke, wouldnt it be funny if CD came out first.
The ironic thing is, people claim I am getting all worked up over this Jeff comment when the fact is more people are getting worked up about my Pearl Jam comment. Go figure

You, sir, are an idiot.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2005, 07:18:23 PM »

You could turn it around and say those artist have to bash Axl and CD to make themselves feel better about their band and crappy last few albums right?? ok

/jarmo

A lot of pearl jam fans think their last few albums were not even close to being as good as their first few.? Sure some like it and that is fine, but their last few albums have been very weak. Not that album sales mean anything but their albums have sold less and less with each album if im not mistaken.

As for me taking these jokes personal, I dont, I just think its lame some people seem to like to take a shot at Axl or CD randomly.? As for me attacking them, all I said was Jeff really should not talk since his bands last few albums have been weak.

that's because pj isn't a mainstream band like years ago... They don't even do videos..

I seriously doubt you listened to all the albums you always say aren't as good as you claim.. When do you talk to all these pearl jam fans and survey their likes n dislikes about their recent music>??

you say pj fan's feel their newer albums have been weak, some could say the same with axl's songs, but of course you would never see that hihi
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2005, 07:36:53 PM »

/jarmo

A lot of pearl jam fans think their last few albums were not even close to being as good as their first few.? Sure some like it and that is fine, but their last few albums have been very weak. Not that album sales mean anything but their albums have sold less and less with each album if im not mistaken.

As for me taking these jokes personal, I dont, I just think its lame some people seem to like to take a shot at Axl or CD randomly.? As for me attacking them, all I said was Jeff really should not talk since his bands last few albums have been weak.

that's because pj isn't a mainstream band like years ago... They don't even do videos..

I seriously doubt you listened to all the albums you always say aren't as good as you claim.. When do you talk to all these pearl jam fans and survey their likes n dislikes about their recent music>??

you say pj fan's feel their newer albums have been weak, some could say the same with axl's songs, but of course you would never see that hihi

You can claim what ever you want, I have over 30 pearl jam cds from bad radio stuff to imports to a bunch of the bootleg cds they released, plus i have seen them live 5 times. Old pearl jam is great but ther newer stuff is just not that good.? You ask what pearl jam fans say the songs are weak, do you ever visit any music forums? A lot of people think Pearl Jams newer stuff is not as strong as their older stuff. As for Axl most people have not heard the new songs thus how you can even make the claim most people think axls songs are weaker. IF? you just go by the boards most think they good save silkworms.

Edited since teh usual suspects like to talk things out of context.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 12:02:48 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Pazzuzu
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2005, 08:53:10 PM »

Source: 96.5 the Buzz (Kansas City)

The new Pearl Jam record has been long delayed and now might be released early next year, when asked to confirm, Jeff Ament had this to say. . .? " I can't say for sure.? All is know is that'll definately come out before Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy comes out."

The difference is Chinese Democracy is more likely to have been worth the wait...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2005, 08:56:55 PM »

Dave, I like the last sentence of your post. You finally admit that alot of people dont like Riyadh. Which makes me wonder why you made such a big deal about my earlier comments about Riyadh.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2005, 09:55:12 PM »

Strange comment indeed, especially since it has been proven time and time again that most people do like Rhiad.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2005, 10:09:01 PM »

Dave, I like the last sentence of your post. You finally admit that alot of people dont like Riyadh. Which makes me wonder why you made such a big deal about my earlier comments about Riyadh.

You really do love to take things out of context dont you? You have already looked like a fool a few times but claming no gnr fans like riyadh.? I said some gnr fans dont like riyadh which is true. You on the other hand claim that MOST gnr fans dont like it. See the difference. So next time dont take things out of context since they always get? you in trouble. I edited my post since you want to try and save face from being proven wrong with you statement in that other thread.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 12:03:26 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2005, 11:58:05 PM »

yes, I find that interesting as well  Roll Eyes

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2005, 06:24:20 AM »

Jimmy, can you believe that he actually edited his post to remove the contradiction? Dave, I didn't take it out of context. You said the EXACT same thing that I said. I never said everybody hated it. I said MOST people dont like it. In this thread, you agreed with my asessment.

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2005, 06:48:06 AM »

I dunno if it's a case of him "waiting" for axl's album but more of a fact that within the industry the albums recording process has become a huge joke , ya know?

I think you might be onto something there Saul...

It?s only a joke to people like you. No one bitches when Trent or Maynard take forever to put out their albums for Tool and Nin.? CD is one of the most anticipated albums ever.

Did you know that NIN released 3 albums (one of them is double), 1 mini album, 3 remix albums and a lot of other stuff since GN'R put out the UYIs? And they'd been touring for years? And had some time to update NIN fans? So maybe it's not the same long process for Trent, not to mention Tool, who also put out a little bit more than Axl in the last decade.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2005, 06:49:46 AM »

Jimmy, can you believe that he actually edited his post to remove the contradiction? Dave, I didn't take it out of context. You said the EXACT same thing that I said. I never said everybody hated it. I said MOST people dont like it. In this thread, you agreed with my asessment.

what's the world coming to?
first dave-gnfnr2k starts a thread bashing Finck for being below par on the 2002 tour and now this?  hihi

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2005, 06:58:40 AM »

Yeah, its a sign of the apocalypse! crying Dave started a bash Finck thread? I wonder why? He was probably in love with Finck a few days before bashing him. Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: