Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:33:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  VR Roskilde Festival
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR Roskilde Festival  (Read 8425 times)
DemocracyRose
« on: July 01, 2005, 06:02:05 PM »

Bad reviews from R.F

The biggest newspaper in Denmark Ekstra Bladet, gives them 1 star out of 6... Tongue

Other newspapers in Denmark gives them 3/6 and 4/6... Undecided
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 09:44:57 PM »

haha
what do you expect with the dated trash they rush out with a washed up junkie as their spokesman

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 10:35:05 PM »

haha
what do you expect with the dated trash they rush out with a washed up junkie as their spokesman

Why don't you just go back to the GN'R section on this board???

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2005, 11:07:38 PM »

why do you insist on every post in this forum being non-critical and blindly positive, while you are go and do the opposite in the gn'r section?

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2005, 11:41:28 PM »

why do you insist on every post in this forum being non-critical and blindly positive, while you are go and do the opposite in the gn'r section?

I don't do the opposite, I just don't post there much.
And when I do, I generally post positive replies.

Posts don't have to always be positive, but adding stuff like what you write "what do you expect with the dated trash they rush out with a washed up junkie as their spokesman" is pointless to me.

I've never ripped on Axl like you've ripped on VR.

Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2005, 07:30:12 AM »

haha

Would you care to explain your comment a bit more?

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2005, 10:13:53 AM »

haha

well, their music seems, if not stuck in the 80's, then out of place for today's rock/music scene, their frontman is an attention-seeking former junkie who acts like a total idiot on stage, they rushed out CB and it obviously suffered as a consequence, what did you think they were gonna get?

W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2005, 10:50:38 AM »

I know August 15th, poor VR & Weiland. Besides selling millions of records, releasing hit singles,  touring the world, & playing Allstar events, it's like what have they done really? confused

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2005, 11:51:04 AM »

I know August 15th, poor VR & Weiland. Besides selling millions of records, releasing hit singles,? touring the world, & playing Allstar events, it's like what have they done really? confused

well seeing as you are an obvious axl basher, nothing i can say will make any sense to you.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2005, 12:04:31 PM »

yeah their music sounds so 80's ,damn aug you are clueless... 90's grunge singer sounds so 80's.. rofl You are a total basher dude you didn't see the show like I didn't yet you will agree with the one person's interpitation,,Sounds more like a sheep then a rock fan hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2005, 12:07:46 PM »

Read the topic, think, and then maybe reply.

Now, if you were at Roskilde and you'd like to post a review, please go ahead....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2005, 12:07:51 PM »

yeah their music sounds so 80's ,damn aug you are clueless... 90's grunge singer sounds so 80's.. rofl You are a total basher dude you didn't see the show like I didn't yet you will agree with the one person's interpitation,,Sounds more like a sheep then a rock fan hihi

i have mentioned their grunge sound before in a post about them. and i even said "if not 80's, then dated". i know grunge when i hear it, and VR is more like grunge influenced blues metal, which really isn't working out too good in my ears.

Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2005, 12:25:17 PM »

well, their music seems, if not stuck in the 80's, then out of place for today's rock/music scene, their frontman is an attention-seeking former junkie who acts like a total idiot on stage, they rushed out CB and it obviously suffered as a consequence, what did you think they were gonna get?

So, if something doesn't fit today's music scene it's a bad thing? Take a look at todays music scene. The frontman, as you forgot to mention, a _former_ junkie. Unlike Axl??

The record was rushed out? Could be... Suffered as a consequence? How do you know? Acts like a total idiot on stage? Wearing tight shorts on stage, some could say, is too. Some, I won't.

But like /J said... This is not the place for this... And if you ask me, no place is for this sort of pointless shit.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 12:26:50 PM by Skeba » Logged

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2005, 12:27:06 PM »

So, if something doesn't fit today's music scene it's a bad thing? Take a look at todays music scene. The frontman, as you forgot to mention, a _former_ junkie. Unlike Axl??

The record was rushed out? Could be... Suffered as a consequence? How do you know? Acts like a total idiot on stage? Wearing tight shorts on stage, some could say, is too. Some, I won't.

axl was never a junkie, not even close. he had too much self control for that, while others didn't.

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2005, 07:31:32 PM »

I don't know about this Roskilde review, but I saw them 2 nights in Sydney when they toured Australia and both shows were great. They were exactly how a rock band should look and sound ok

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2005, 12:53:54 PM »

Read the topic, think, and then maybe reply.

Now, if you were at Roskilde and you'd like to post a review, please go ahead....

/jarmo

I was there so here comes a little personal review!

Vr played at the orange stage which is the biggest of 8 stages, it was actually the opening consert on that stage this year. I'm guessing there were around 70.000 people there so it was pretty big!

The stage also had a new pa system this year and it was quite obvious that they used the first song, STB, to set the sound which they did pretty well imo, it could have been better sure, but you can not blame vr for that, it's simply out of their control...

the set was'nt the longest maybe, but with easy, brownstone, sex type, cracker i think, and a cover of pink floyds wish you where here which they did really fucking awsome... there were also alot of jamming between songs and in songs, at least compared to the vr show i saw last year and some of the more recent boots....

in the middle of the set scott sat on some guys shoulder and got carried through the crowd almost all the way to the soundboard where i was standing, he was litterarely 1,5 meters away from me. it was really cool and he had total crowd control! slash fucking ran all over the place playing great and it looked like they were really in to that show.

VR was defenetly my highlight at roskilde 05, with sabbath on a strong second, and audioslave on a great third!

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2005, 03:05:01 AM »

haha

What's up August/15th 18th douchebag?Huh

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2005, 03:06:14 AM »

haha

And you are who??

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2005, 03:09:01 AM »

I don't know about this Roskilde review, but I saw them 2 nights in Sydney when they toured Australia and both shows were great. They were exactly how a rock band should look and sound ok

4 shows and not a wasted cent......Except the Avalon show that I don't really remember.? Tighter and tighter...

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2005, 03:15:27 AM »

VR was defenetly my highlight at roskilde 05, with sabbath on a strong second, and audioslave on a great third!

Sabbath is my second favorite band of all time and last night they fucking took OZZFEST and beat it to the ground.. I have seen them like 7 times now since they got back togteher in 97 and they nailed it big time last night........Ozzy was on too which I havent seen in a few years... Into The Void, After Forever, Symptom of The Universe, The Wizard hmmmm a classic off the first too hmmm Just a little bit too strong........

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: