Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 05:19:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227839 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  new years eve show-new jersey
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: new years eve show-new jersey  (Read 22111 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2006, 07:43:12 AM »

I think when you see a new band alot of times you are going to be let down by the setlist eventually.. So many people see bands once or twice per album lets say so everything is usually new to most out there... For whatever reason I doubt they will play anything new until the next album is about out..... I'm just glad they are staying busy and having a blast..  Happy to everyone that had a blast... I would have been so tanked by the time they came out... Kind of like myself at msg with new gnr and jones beach with vr this spring..
Jonathan
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2006, 09:37:13 AM »

Yeah, I pretty much agree with you.

But they could have done the setlist better if they picked some other/more songs from "Contraband" and skipped some covers.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2006, 09:43:39 AM »

But they could have done the setlist better if they picked some other/more songs from "Contraband" and skipped some covers.

yeah they could have tossed in loving the alien or did some other covers but it seems like they just aren't going to switch until something comes out..  You know I could se afd gnr life a million times and never get tired of it.. Give me ritz 88 ten times over...

Hopefully the album will be sooner then later and they start introducing new material
Jonathan
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2006, 09:49:47 AM »

I agree.
EricaLyn087
Headliner

Showtime for strangers

« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2006, 02:15:05 PM »

A review from sludge.

Hey! Happy New Year's 2006, everyone! Hope you all had a good time partying it up!

So, I went to the Velvet Revolver New Year's Eve show at the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, New Jersey. As you all know, I was extremely excited - so since I know you guys have short timespans, I'll keep my review as short as possible!? ?

The doors opened at 8 -- the band didn't come on until the ball dropped at midnight. That's right -- I waited four hours. They had these dancers inbetween dancing to 80's rock songs (Crue, Warrant, Aerosmith, Great White, etc etc), and like the loyal Sludger I am, I rocked out to the songs.

So when the ball dropped, Velvet Revolver took the stage. I was right up front on Slash's side and as soon as "Sucker Train Blues" began, the crowd surged forward. I couldn't breathe so I had this kid I became friendly with get security to pull me out. I was the first one out and I was ushered over to the right, now probably four feet from the stage. I still had a great view, though.

The setlist was short! They played from 12-1:30ish... nothing special about the set at ALL. I still had an incredible time, though. Slash jumped up on these cabinet things, sat down and I reached out and touched his shoe and his leather-clad leg. I DIED. Duff McKagan also came over my way and saw me and smiled a couple of times. When Scott came over in that direction, I was so mesmerized. He's beautiful up close.

Slash is a really little guy!! I don't know what you guys are saying about him getting fat and all; he is the tiniest thing ever! He's clearly not photogenic these days because I was so close to him and wow, yeah.

Overall, on a scale from 1-10, 1 being the lowest:
Crowd ettiquite: -395020
Setlist: 7
Energy: 10

I still had a great time though and I feel like I wasn't even there... and I got some great pictures too!

Anyone else go? Happy 2006!!

I'm guessing the reviewer is female? Grin

That's MY review! Haha, and yes I am a girl.  Grin

"One time we played a concert in Antwerp, Belgium. At least I thought it was Antwerp, Belgium. Turns out it was a Stop 'n Shop in Wisconsin somewhere, but it was fun man." -- Slash
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2006, 02:47:37 PM »

yeah they could have tossed in loving the alien or did some other covers but it seems like they just aren't going to switch until something comes out..  You know I could se afd gnr life a million times and never get tired of it.. Give me ritz 88 ten times over...

Hopefully the album will be sooner then later and they start introducing new material

thats because seeing them over and over in 1988 is unrealistic and something you can only dream of. If you were seeing them all the time in 1988 you would problem start complaining about the setlist too and asking for new songs and disappointed that they didn't play Don't Cry at your show.

I really can't wait until they come back with new songs!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2006, 03:11:51 PM »

yeah they could have tossed in loving the alien or did some other covers but it seems like they just aren't going to switch until something comes out..? You know I could se afd gnr life a million times and never get tired of it.. Give me ritz 88 ten times over...

thats because seeing them over and over in 1988 is unrealistic and something you can only dream of. If you were seeing them all the time in 1988 you would problem start complaining about the setlist too and asking for new songs and disappointed that they didn't play Don't Cry at your show.

I really can't wait until they come back with new songs!

I guess but I must have listened to afd a billion times without getting tired of it, one of the few albums I can really say that about..  Also if I saw gnr on say the afd tour I can only expect so much during that one tour
makane
Legend

« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2006, 03:50:33 PM »

A review from sludge.

Hey! Happy New Year's 2006, everyone! Hope you all had a good time partying it up!

So, I went to the Velvet Revolver New Year's Eve show at the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, New Jersey. As you all know, I was extremely excited - so since I know you guys have short timespans, I'll keep my review as short as possible!? ?

The doors opened at 8 -- the band didn't come on until the ball dropped at midnight. That's right -- I waited four hours. They had these dancers inbetween dancing to 80's rock songs (Crue, Warrant, Aerosmith, Great White, etc etc), and like the loyal Sludger I am, I rocked out to the songs.

So when the ball dropped, Velvet Revolver took the stage. I was right up front on Slash's side and as soon as "Sucker Train Blues" began, the crowd surged forward. I couldn't breathe so I had this kid I became friendly with get security to pull me out. I was the first one out and I was ushered over to the right, now probably four feet from the stage. I still had a great view, though.

The setlist was short! They played from 12-1:30ish... nothing special about the set at ALL. I still had an incredible time, though. Slash jumped up on these cabinet things, sat down and I reached out and touched his shoe and his leather-clad leg. I DIED. Duff McKagan also came over my way and saw me and smiled a couple of times. When Scott came over in that direction, I was so mesmerized. He's beautiful up close.

Slash is a really little guy!! I don't know what you guys are saying about him getting fat and all; he is the tiniest thing ever! He's clearly not photogenic these days because I was so close to him and wow, yeah.

I still had a great time though and I feel like I wasn't even there... and I got some great pictures too!

That's MY review! Haha, and yes I am a girl.? Grin
I actually thought that was Daves review before "When Scott came over in that direction, I was so mesmerized. He's beautiful up close."
I checked his profile one more time and finally I saw it's from sludge  Cheesy

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
EricaLyn087
Headliner

Showtime for strangers

« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2006, 07:15:31 PM »

A review from sludge.

That's MY review! Haha, and yes I am a girl.? Grin
I actually thought that was Daves review before "When Scott came over in that direction, I was so mesmerized. He's beautiful up close."
I checked his profile one more time and finally I saw it's from sludge? Cheesy

Haha! Yeah, I was completely hypnotized by Scott. I mean... wow. You know when you're speechless and you sort of stand there? That happened to me. It also happened when Duff came over. I couldn't even lift my camera because I was just like, "WHOA." I got "used" to Slash being there for so long -- he stayed in the same place pretty much the whole time.

But Scott. Holy dear God.  drool

"One time we played a concert in Antwerp, Belgium. At least I thought it was Antwerp, Belgium. Turns out it was a Stop 'n Shop in Wisconsin somewhere, but it was fun man." -- Slash
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: