Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 01:21:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  01/02/06 Hard Rock Live Hollywood, FL
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 01/02/06 Hard Rock Live Hollywood, FL  (Read 3003 times)
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« on: January 03, 2006, 01:46:00 AM »

I dont remeber the exact setlist but the one from Atlantic City looks about right:
Sucker Train Blues
Do it For The Kids
Headspace
Superhuman
Crackerman
Illegal I Song
Fall To Pieces
Dirty Little Thing
Big Machine
It's So Easy
Sex Type Thing
Set Me Free
Wish You Were Here
You Got No Right
Mr. Brownstone
Slither

First let get the negatives out of the way, and they are minor:
1. 8:00 scheduled start time. Band comes on at 9:20. I knew one of the security guards and he said they were waiting for one of the college football games to end before coming out.
2. This was a small venue, around 5,000 and wasnt even close to being full.
3. I've been to 2 other shows at this venue and the acoustics are perfect here, yet it took about two songs before you could actually make out what Scott was singing.

O.K. enough of the trivial stuff, these guys kicked my ass. I knew what to expect from Slash, Duff, and Matt but had never seen Scott live or Dave Kushner. I still say that the CD is boring, in my opinion. These same songs live, however, where classics. Scott was in great form and was all over the stage throughout the show. Dave Kushner was running around and leaping over everything like the Slash of 14 years ago. I was amazed how well the GnR songs sounded with Scott singing them. These are of course the two best songs for his voice so who knows what something else would sound like but he nailed "It's So Easy" and "Mr. Brownstone". These two songs seemed to bring the loudest ovations from the crowd.

Hearing the STP songs with the new band was also quite a treat. We got two encores "Wish You Were Here", "You Got No Right" and then "Mr. Brownstone" and "Slither". I hadn't checked the previous set lists so "Wish You Were Here" was a nice surprise and was very similar to the old days of "Only Woman Bleed" Scott also had a little rant about being tired of seeing so little support for Rock n Roll in Rolling Stone magazine. During this rant he made the comment that "We are making a new record and it WILL be out in 2006, and there will be certain other great CD's to be released in '06"

Its hard to say how these guys are developing as a live band since this was the first time I saw them, but there was a time that I was supposed to see them in Orlando last year. A few days before this show they were on a televised award show performing and they bored me so much, I didnt go see them in Orlando. This is not that same band now. Maybe its because they have only played 3 shows in the last month and are fresh but if they can repeat what they did in Hollywood, FL on a nightly basis, not too many bands will be able to match them.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 02:45:32 AM by kujo » Logged

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
EricaLyn087
Headliner

Showtime for strangers

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 02:38:44 AM »

Great review! I think they're developing beautifully as a live band. It was my third time seeing them on New Year's Eve at Starland, and the first time I saw them was December 3, 2004. Trust me... they've gotten a lot stronger. Plus, more people know about them now and they're coming out to the shows so it's all good.

Hey, by OTHER CD's do they mean... Chinese Democracy?  Grin

Glad you had fun!!

"One time we played a concert in Antwerp, Belgium. At least I thought it was Antwerp, Belgium. Turns out it was a Stop 'n Shop in Wisconsin somewhere, but it was fun man." -- Slash
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 02:50:08 AM »

Hey, by OTHER CD's do they mean... Chinese Democracy?? Grin

Glad you had fun!!

I was trying to read something into it also hihi

By that point in his rant he was pausing alot so it came out like "and there will be......certain........other......great Cd's to be released in '06" After 5 years on these boards its easy to read into every little statement.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
smishkey
Rocker

Let's go Mets!

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 04:41:38 PM »

I was there too.  I thought last night was a vast improvement over the last time I saw them(May '05 in WPB).  I was disappointed at the almost 1.5 hour wait, and the small crowd.  I didn't see a soul in the upper decks.(I was in section 201).
  They seemed really tight and into it.  "Dirty Little Thing" was absolutely smokin'!!!! And "Crackerman" kicked major ass. 
  My brother in law saw Matt coming out of one door and going into another, near the doors to the Paradise area.  Someone stopped him and shook his hand, my bro in law had no idea who he was.Dumbass.
  Like someone else said above, I too think the album is boring, but I'll always support these guys.  Their live show is always worth it.

"They're lead singer-haters"  Scott, 4-23-08 on Howard
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 07:11:01 AM »

I gotta disagree with you guys about the album, I thinks its one of the best rock albums in recent times. Give it a serious amount of listens and so much comes out of it, and if you already have fair do's.

I gotta agree with ya on the amazing live show, I've seen em a few times and its simply unmatched by anyone today. We all know about Slash, Duff n Matt but Dave's got his opwn thing goin' on and Scott is the most engaging, talented frontman Ive ever seen. beer
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: