Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 08:59:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Lost (SPOILER)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lost (SPOILER)  (Read 74288 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #360 on: May 17, 2007, 08:21:19 AM »

season finale next week already Shocked

damn it went by fast for me

"Greatest Hits" was a cool episode... good ending..

yeah Dominic Monaghan is a really decent actor....his other one too Fire and Water from Season 2....that is prolly my favorite episode of the series

crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #361 on: May 17, 2007, 02:42:26 PM »

I actually thought last night's episode was kind of boring. The most action was Desmond taking charlie out to the station to flip the switch but other than that it was mostly banter about their plans to keep the others at bay. Charlie's flashbacks were ok but they should have shown them sooner to make me like the guy a bit more. Most of the last three seasons, he was kind of annoying and I didn't care whether he was killed. But last night I actually felt sorry for him. Maybe some sympathy earlier on would have made me not want him killed off...

I can't wait for next week. It's the only thing I have to look forward to besides Sopranos. yes. I live a pathetic existence. But it sucks to have to wait until January of 08 to see the first new episode!!!!! I thought the hiatus this year was rough. What will I ponder? What will make me think as much as this show has? Kind of bummed but excited to see the season finale.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #362 on: May 17, 2007, 03:24:32 PM »

Overall, I thought the episode was pretty boring.? I wanted to fast forward through parts of it, but I stopped myself.? I like Charlie, but I wasn't worried he was going to die, at least not in this episode.

I suppose the people in the Looking Glass could prove to be interesting, but I can't say I was shocked that they were there.

Jack annoys me more every time I see him.? I wouldn't mind seeing him get killed off next week.?

I like Charlie too, but they've built his impending death up so much that at this point I'll feel let down if he lives.  It's time to die, brutha.

Yes, Jack is fucking annoying, as is Kate.  Many people seem to have that opinion.  I never thought those 2 should have been main characters.  Locke is great though, I'm almost certain he'll live.  Ben, meanwhile, may already be one of the best villains in TV history.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #363 on: May 18, 2007, 08:36:38 AM »

Anybody watch "Answers" last night?

just basically a run down of the past 3 seasons documentary type thing had  the producers and writers talking on it.

coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #364 on: May 18, 2007, 11:11:41 AM »

It didn't seem to be about answers as much as they were trying to convince us that they have/had a plan all along. Don't get me wrong, I love the show, but instead of answering the real questions (there are many still out there that have yet or never will be addressed) they were pushing how everything fit together just like they planned. From what I've read about the writing and from what I've seen, they may have had a rough idea for the first season but have on-the-fly come up with the rest. Nothing wrong with that, but don't try to say now this had a masterplan from the get go.

I think the best way they could have ended it was after they announced it will run for three more seasons, they should end it with next weeks final episode. Get them off the island and do whatever they plan. Now THAT would shock the hell out of everyone and go down in history as one of the greatest suprise endings ever.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #365 on: May 18, 2007, 11:18:04 AM »

shows too big for that though although it would be crazy hihi

they flat out said that they didnt know where some stories would take them

the black smoke for instance they were like we dunno what it is yet hihi

crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #366 on: May 18, 2007, 03:27:18 PM »

Ok. They getting off the island next week is a real possibility as I have read some theory boards and some spoilers boardss and they think they are all in a virtual reality type of setting. But someone said that at the end they get rescued and the future shows will be flashbacks of more of the island - more of Ben, explaining mysteries, etc... someone said at the end of the next week's episode, Jack is supposed to be speaking to someone and saying we have to go back to the island and the person he is speaking to is Kate.

Also, the directors told us they were going to tell us what happens to them in the future so I'm thinking this might be a possibility. Like what happens after they get off the island. So, that is additional shows too. Locke wants to stay on the island which makes me think Jack and Kate might be going back to save him from something or someone.

But yeah, getting rescued next week would be a huge WTF.

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #367 on: May 18, 2007, 04:39:47 PM »

Ok. They getting off the island next week is a real possibility as I have read some theory boards and some spoilers boardss and they think they are all in a virtual reality type of setting. But someone said that at the end they get rescued and the future shows will be flashbacks of more of the island - more of Ben, explaining mysteries, etc... someone said at the end of the next week's episode, Jack is supposed to be speaking to someone and saying we have to go back to the island and the person he is speaking to is Kate.

Also, the directors told us they were going to tell us what happens to them in the future so I'm thinking this might be a possibility. Like what happens after they get off the island. So, that is additional shows too. Locke wants to stay on the island which makes me think Jack and Kate might be going back to save him from something or someone.

But yeah, getting rescued next week would be a huge WTF.
Yeah, those are theories and they aren't gonna happen.? The show would get destroyed in the ratings if all future episodes are flash backs and back stories.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 04:45:46 PM by Gunner80 » Logged

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #368 on: May 23, 2007, 11:47:55 PM »

WOW - totally amazing.  Do I really have to wait till Feb 08 for the next new episode?!?!?

when kate got out of the car --- wow --- holy crap. 

i'm still soaking it all in.  just an amazing 2 hours.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
BigCombo
Rocker

« Reply #369 on: May 24, 2007, 02:29:28 AM »

And whose funeral was it?  I'm thinking Ben's.
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #370 on: May 24, 2007, 03:54:29 AM »

But even though it surprised me, I was still let down.  Kind of makes me not even want to watch next season
Why? 
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #371 on: May 24, 2007, 09:02:49 AM »

Anyway, I thought it was a really good episode, right up until the end.? They are going to have to do some fantastic writing next season if they are going to save the show.? I know the ending was supposed to be a big shocking twist, and I didn't see it coming until shortly before Kate got out of the car.? But even though it surprised me, I was still let down.? Kind of makes me not even want to watch next season, but I will.

Really?  I loved that ending.  To me, it reaffirmed that this show is something more than just a dramatic version of Gilligan's Island.  That it's about the characters finding themselves and not just their way off the island.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #372 on: May 24, 2007, 09:05:55 AM »

WOW - totally amazing.  Do I really have to wait till Feb 08 for the next new episode?!?!?

when kate got out of the car --- wow --- holy crap. 

i'm still soaking it all in.  just an amazing 2 hours.

I agree....one amazingly good mindfuck.  The fact that the "flashback" was, actually, NOT the flashback but a "flashforward".....or, depending on how you look at it, the "island" parts were the flashbacks, was just amazing.

And it answered some questions.  First off, the island is real.  It's not purgatory, it's not someone's coma dream, it's not virtual reality, and it's not the interior of a spacecraft.  Second, we know that at least Kate and Jack get off the island.  Third, we've become intimately familiar with "The Others", and they're not nearly as "scary" as they once were.

But it asks so many more questions, too.  I seriously wonder what direction they'll take for the final 3 seasons, now.  Will S4 actually START with Jack, Kate, etc OFF the island and Jack trying to rally the troops to go back?  Or will we be back on the island, with the castaways awaiting rescue?

I can't wait for February!

I think it was a great episode...perhaps one of the best of the series.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #373 on: May 24, 2007, 09:20:14 AM »

maybe it was a Desmond type veiw of the future?

anyway i assumed Kate was with sawyer when she said that he'll be wondering where i am. then i also thought that maybe he placed Kate in place of his ex wife?

the really weird part was that he acted as though his father was alive in the hospital and the drug store? so what the hell if its the future his dad cant be alive can he? confused

if it is the future maybe the funeral was for Locke

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #374 on: May 24, 2007, 09:52:40 AM »

anyway i assumed Kate was with sawyer when she said that he'll be wondering where i am. then i also thought that maybe he placed Kate in place of his ex wife?

the really weird part was that he acted as though his father was alive in the hospital and the drug store? so what the hell if its the future his dad cant be alive can he? confused

Couple things:

1) His dad didn't need to be alive for him to use his dad's perscription pad.  Notice the way he "freaked" when the pharmacist attempted to call his dad.  He's "out of town"......

2) His comments to the other doc were, quite obviously, made when he was in pretty rough shape.  And notice the other docs reaction.  I think he was so completely addled he didn't know what was going on....

Together again,
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #375 on: May 24, 2007, 10:06:07 AM »

Couple things:

1) His dad didn't need to be alive for him to use his dad's perscription pad.  Notice the way he "freaked" when the pharmacist attempted to call his dad.  He's "out of town"......

2) His comments to the other doc were, quite obviously, made when he was in pretty rough shape.  And notice the other docs reaction.  I think he was so completely addled he didn't know what was going on....

hmm, i don't know.  its odd they made so many references to his dad.  i don't see how he can still be alive and your ideas make sense.  i'm thinking they wrote it that way so you thought it was a flashback, not the future.

i think the coffin was Ben.  When the caretaker asked "friend or family" - Jack said "neither".

i think only some of them got off the island.  Claire and the baby, Kate (cuz shes preggers with sawyers kid) and jack.

Dharma is EVIL!!!  they used pennys relationship with desmond, send desmond on the race around the world to find the island that they 'lost' when ben killed everyone.

show is just f'ing amazing.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #376 on: May 24, 2007, 10:22:39 AM »

http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/

There's some great freeze frames there...especially of the article Jack was carrying around about the dead person.

It's a man.  It looks like the first name starts with a J, and ends with -antham, he's "from New York.  He was found in his downtown loft after loud noises were heard. 

Together again,
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #377 on: May 24, 2007, 11:07:11 AM »

and ends with -antham, he's "from New York.?

maybe that part says Manhattan Undecided it looks like it starts with "Jo" to me i still say it was supposed to be John...Locke and Jack never got along so that could explain the neither comment

never mind it does say antham

who was from new york on the show?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 11:11:55 AM by Neemo » Logged

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #378 on: May 24, 2007, 11:16:16 AM »

and ends with -antham, he's "from New York. 

maybe that part says Manhattan Undecided it looks like it starts with "Jo" to me i still say it was supposed to be John...Locke and Jack never got along so that could explain the neither comment

never mind it does say antham

who was from new york on the show?

Bernard, Rose, and Michael.

Which means it's either someone we haven't met or someone using a "fake" name.

It's been suggested the name, on the high def feed, was Jeremy Bentham, a 16th century philosopher.  If that's the case, the "relationship" to John Locke (who's named after a 15th century philosopher) is an interesting one to explore.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 11:18:11 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #379 on: May 24, 2007, 02:28:52 PM »

I was not disappointed at all in last night's episode. In fact, it made me want to watch the future shows even more because something really bad happened on that island to cause Jack to hit rock bottom and continuously take pain killers and drink and what to kill himself. I think Naomi is from Dharma and they are not going to be rescued but instead will go into the hands of a worst enemy that does atrocious things to them. I think Jack is rock bottom because he regrets the decision he made to contact whoever was on the other end of Naomi's phone, disregarding Ben's warnings, Locke's warnings, etc. He was the leader and he made a choice - at first he thought he killed Sayid, Jin and bernard. But it didn't happen. But he beats the crap out of ben and makes the decision to ignore his warning - I think we will find out that Ben's group is not as bad as the other people coming to pick them up. When Ben killed off the original Dharma people, he never told them and made the island appear to function as if nothing happened knowing that if Dharma knew their people were killed, they would come back and do serious damage to the ones left alive. So, he kept up appearances and Dharma didn't know anything was going on until Desmond blew the hatch and then they were trying to communicate with the island to find out what happened.

Anyhow, I think Jack's decision to call for rescue will wind up horrible. Only a few of them get off the island, not everyone, but before they get off they go through hell and Jack cannot face the fact that he left the other losties to die or be tortured permanently or experimented with. I am not sure who is in the casket - I think either Sawyer, Ben or Locke or maybe Walt - who has become a leader for Dharma because of his powers? But Locke makes sense as he was trying to warn Jack not to make the fatal call!!!!!! But maybe Jack made Ben leave the island and Ben couldn't handle society or was killed by Dharma and Dharma will slowly kill everyone who returned home because they know their "secret". Walt told Locke when he was lying in the hole that there was still more to do so obviously next season Locke will probably be the hero to save the Losties and Others.

I cheered, cried and felt like this episode had me on edge the whole time - loved Ben's comment about torturing Alex's boyfriend so she wouldn't get prego - kind of what I want to do to my daughters boyfriends - and the fact that Rousseau asked Alex to tie Ben up in a mother/daughter bonding moment - funny and awesome!

Sorry this show rocks and makes you think - there are not many out there that can do that. It's philosophy, religion, politics, ethics, and more rolled into one. I just wish more of my friends watched so I could discuss theories. Rock on brutha!

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: